As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Oh wait, Erinys is a demon. Ooooops! Gotta regear my killers.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Cruor wrote: »
    Could someone set up an NV Physalis for the Erinys trial tomorrow? Preferably dual guns and maxed out demon killer. She needs status immunity as well. Gonna be using Lightning's Gun Imperil as opposed to equipping with rods and using Relm.

I am pretty pleased with my NV Physalis. She's only EX+1 but almost has 5k MAG in the shift form (and just shy of 4.5k in base form).

Sure, I’ll do it now. Want LB damage or chaining? I’m assuming water chaining.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Could someone set up an NV Physalis for the Erinys trial tomorrow? Preferably dual guns and maxed out demon killer. She needs status immunity as well. Gonna be using Lightning's Gun Imperil as opposed to equipping with rods and using Relm.

I am pretty pleased with my NV Physalis. She's only EX+1 but almost has 5k MAG in the shift form (and just shy of 4.5k in base form).

Sure, I’ll do it now. Want LB damage or chaining?

Chaining, Erinys is immune to ice so her LB isn't useful.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Physallis up in Favourites; Shui Yu up in Nemesis 2 for the trial.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Physalis up in Event 2 and Shui Yui up in Nem 2.

• Options
    Erinyes down. Gotta love these boring HP sponge fights.

• Options
    Trying to figure out how Melo’s kit works, namely the mag buff, it’s worded confusingly to me, anyone know?

• Options
    Trying to figure out how Melo’s kit works, namely the mag buff, it’s worded confusingly to me, anyone know?

Basically you just cast that mag buff a whole lot (I think you can stack it ten times) and then it applies to the next attack. You want to just use that skill until fully stacked and then unleash a big old finisher with his stupidly high MAG.

• Options

Basically you just cast that mag buff a whole lot (I think you can stack it ten times) and then it applies to the next attack. You want to just use that skill until fully stacked and then unleash a big old finisher with his stupidly high MAG.

That’s what I figured but in testing on dummy it wasn’t doing that, I would see the reduction in spirit but no boost to MAG and no buff showing on him.

• Options

That’s what I figured but in testing on dummy it wasn’t doing that, I would see the reduction in spirit but no boost to MAG and no buff showing on him.

Reduction in spirit? His stacking thing (I can't call everything a pain...) only stacks his MAG, shouldn't do anything to SPR.

• Options
  • Options
    y2ozgru73xxs.jpeg

Huh, the Wiki has the skill info wrong. My bad!

• Options
    That's weird; it's not on the JP version either. I wonder if Gumi broke it.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Got 3* EX ticket from the story event's penultimate stage. Used it immediately and got Melo. Decently pleased with that! He seems relatively simple to use, will have to see how his gearing works. Once we get all of the login fragments I'll burn VIP coins to get him up to EX+1.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Got 3* EX ticket from the story event's penultimate stage. Used it immediately and got Melo. Decently pleased with that! He seems relatively simple to use, will have to see how his gearing works. Once we get all of the login fragments I'll burn VIP coins to get him up to EX+1.

Yeah, provided the buff is working like it’s supposed to he’s otherwise fun to use, it’s cool having viable actual black magic too. My EX+2 one is in favorite slot if anyone wants to play around with him. His BS sprite also is sick, absolutely love it.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    So, I've determined that if I keep FFBE installed, I will keep playing and trying to finish events and maximize rewards. I can't help myself and I should know this after playing the game for nearly 5 years. I'm going to have to go with a clean break.

Everyone here on the FFBE forum has been amazing over the years! I wish you all the best and tons of luck on future pulls or whatever endeavors you pursue!

Take care everyone!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Good luck Tiph! Stay strong.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    NV Sephiroth is out on the JP server and at EX+3 with his unique card and good gear, he has 7.5k ATK unbuffed. That jumps to 8k with his upgraded Masamune from the Chronicle Battle. Powercreep in action!

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'm so sad that his kit is just garbage. Like sure he does meta level damage but he has 2 abilities and a triple cast. So he can use his Magnus 1-time and then triple cast an SR-chain. Then it's just giant LB spam for days.
    And I don't mean like he has a bunch of useless abilities, I mean his kit is literally 3 things in each form.

What happened to the unit where his whole schtick was he could do basically any chain family in Light or Dark?

• Options
    I'm actually pretty ok with units having simple, barebones kits. Even if a unit has an expansive kit, there's usually going to be a rotation of about three-five skills (CDs, imbues/imperils, chaining/finishing) that actually get used for optimal damage. Flexibility is nice but most units nowadays are going to just be the next big number unit for DV. DV is the only meaningful content in JP so of course they're going to design and sell units pretty specifically to hit big DV numbers.

• Options
    Login 3*EX ticket dropped red for yet another NV Akstar. Didn't check but I might have enough shards to EX+3 him now. If I ever end up drowning in pearls I just may, his card's pretty good.

• Options
    Login 3*EX ticket dropped red for yet another NV Akstar. Didn't check but I might have enough shards to EX+3 him now. If I ever end up drowning in pearls I just may, his card's pretty good.

I have liked having two of them, not gonna lie, it’s a really solid one that covers a lot of units and a common weapon.

• Options

I have liked having two of them, not gonna lie, it’s a really solid one that covers a lot of units and a common weapon.

Yeah, that's the same reason I'm probably gonna EX+3 my NV Cloud for his card. It's very good and there's certainly no lack of greatsword users. I think right now Katana is a better weapon type thanks to the multiple sources of Katana Imperil, however, and we're still missing the EX+2 abilities for NV Cloud that include his greatsword imperil.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Random ticket gave me a Melo. I'll have to look into him later.

• Options
    Noctis is a pretty good unit, and he's upgraded from his JP version (his jump is only one turn delay, and he gets his LB, which has sword Imperil, on turn 1 for free).

Also excited for 3*Bahamut, who is ridiculously good once you fill out his Esper board. He gets the rest of the missing killers he didn't have and also gets skills for both physical and magical damage increase against enemies with a broken BREAK gauge.

Also time for our first Chronicle Battle and the ability to upgrade CPNoctis' STMR and Aranea's Helm. Also, we get another (or a first) Moogle Charm as part of the rewards.

It's interesting that we aren't getting Ardyn as well this week. He's essentially just the same unit with a different element. I assume we will get him next week, unless Gumi splits the FFXV event and gives us King Behemy next week.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Is it a lot of work to upgrade the STMRs? Because I do have two of Noctis's STMR.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Drascin wrote: »
    Is it a lot of work to upgrade the STMRs? Because I do have two of Noctis's STMR.

Yes. Unless it was changed from JP it takes quite a bit of grinding. However, Chronicle Battles are permanent, so they're great to grind out when there's no NRG event running for a week (or after you finish a story event).

Going forward they replace the Challenge of the Brave stages as the way to get insignias for your NV units. That aspect of it is a net positive as you'll always have a way to grind insignias to level Brave abilities for newly pulled units.

I have one CPNoctis STMR to upgrade, and it's worth it, as it gets a pretty big boost to raw ATK and gives even more benefits to Noctis/Ardyn.

Edit: You'll want to bring as many EX+1 or higher NV/NVA FFXV units as possible to the Chronicle Battle, as they give increased insignia drops. We are getting a free EX+1 Nyx from the event so that's a decent help.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'm not going to lie, I can't even remember any FFXV units that got NVAs in the first place. I think I have enough Nyx to get him to basic NVA when this hits though.

• Options
    Noctis one of my favorite FF characters so I’m all in on this banner.

• Options
    I wonder if we'll get a Chronicle Battle for GLEX units. They could certainly give us a path to upgrade, say, Beryl's STMR to give more defensive stats and update the passive to TS&S over just TDH for SPR/DEF (for unit design units only, if they think it'd be too powerful on others). We will need a permanent way to farm GLEX insignias, afterall.

• Options
    Tried my 20 NV tickets to see if I could get lucky; got a Mazurka and a Melo. At least the Melo is nice since I had skipped his banner.

Buuut.. four off-banner NVs on the way to a pity Noctis (Yoshi, Gabranth, Starlight Elena, Akstar). Big sigh.
    I now have a full party of NV Elena/Yoshi bonus units for the next Elemental Battle.

Didn't get any Cindy's but got like four Nyx's, so he's EX+2 now and I haven't even touched the bonus from the MK yet. Hoping between the summon coins/shards, I can get the free one to EX+2 as well. Not sure if it's worth the 1 red pearl to get go EX+3 Nyx and like EX-0 Nyx or however it works out. Have to do some math and weigh the cost.

• Options
    Eh, EX+3 is generally never worth it for NVAs. The stat boost from EX+2 to EX+3 isn't substantial enough to justify the red pearl. Nyx is nice to have, though, especially for his 25% light Imperil field.

So, speaking of fields, you can have multiple fields active at the same time, but only if one of them only effects a single side of the field. So, for instance, you can have B.Fina's Bahamut field (both sides, magical light damage amplify) and Nyx's field (enemy side, 25% light Imperil) active at the same time.

• Options
    It's not for the stat boost but for the 150% extra drop bonus you get from going to EX+2 to +3 in the Chronicle Battle.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    It's not for the stat boost but for the 150% extra drop bonus you get from going to EX+2 to +3 in the Chronicle Battle.

Ah, right, I forgot all about that. He should also give that bonus for the Lunafreya CB and she wants two of her CB weapon fully upgraded. Will cut down on the grind quite a bit.

• Options
    Sinzar went and did 3*Bahamut hardmode. Took him 325 turns.

All that just for a bragging rights medal. Yeeeesh!

• Options
    So I dropped a red pearl on Nyx; with the 2 7* Nyx's from the coin shop and the free Nyx along with bunch of Nyx's I already pulled, I can get an EX+3 Nyx and an EX+1 Nyx (after we get the 20 login shards).
    So right now, running with an EX+1 Noctis, EX+3 Nyx, and EX+0 Nyx in the Chronicle Battle for a 600% bonus before friend unit.

After clearing all 10 stages, I had enough to upgrade Noctis' STMR to +3 of +4. If I bring an EX+2 or better friend everytime (so 750% bonus total), I can get the last upgrade with 10 more runs of stage 10.
    That's not terrible, though I do have a larger than normal bonus drop. Still, like 20-30 runs of an event in this game isn't terrible considering there's no time limit on it and it's not too bad to one-shot repeat.

On the other hand, if you want a second one.. lookin' like about 50 runs (1000 NRG) to get a second at 750% bonus. Yikes.

• Options
    Question about CB Noctis. Obviously gearing him for his jump is the primary way to go, I’m just curious if there is a reason to level his LB and gear for it at all I’m not aware of.

• Options
    Hm. Is CG Noctis supposed to have gotten a buff? Because my two Noctises seem to be having significant problems to kill the dropship in the farming stages. At least it deals no damage whatsoever.

• Options
    Question about CB Noctis. Obviously gearing him for his jump is the primary way to go, I’m just curious if there is a reason to level his LB and gear for it at all I’m not aware of.

I'm not sure if his Sword Imperil scale with the level of his LB. If not I'd leave it unleveled as he's mostly going to be used in DV and you don't really want to push thresholds with incidental damage before his capping round.
    Hm. Is CG Noctis supposed to have gotten a buff? Because my two Noctises seem to be having significant problems to kill the dropship in the farming stages. At least it deals no damage whatsoever.

His buff hasn't been announced for us yet. It came with the combo Noctis/Ardyn banner in JP - chances are we get the buff when Ardyn's banner happens (or even when Lunafreya's banner happens).

• Options

If you are referring to the 7* Crown Prince Noctis he got buffs in JP but those buffs have not shown up yet. Whether they will or not after the arrival of Cobalt Blade NV Noctis with buffs compared to its JP version... that remains to be seen but I don’t like the odds.