As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The main thing Xcom2 does is, especially fully expansioned, is that it keeps escalating all the way to the end.
    I'd guess that a win is maybe 50 missions long, and every second mission something new will happen.

It's an excellent example of having an exponential player and opponent power curve, that fits good enough (Though Xcom2 can definitely snowball to easy if the first 2 months go well)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Terrible minds think alike, I see

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    The basic combat in Outriders is fine....but I couldn't get past the ridiculous premise that society would go from "People crash landing on alien planet" to "Literal Mad Max psychopath murderers and eating babies*" in only 30 years. Like it was just over the top edgy bullshit, and it wasn't even very fun or funny. It's like they didn't get why Borderlands was interesting, but they knew that it had something to do with violent murderers so they just went with that.

*I'm not exaggerating! This is a line of dialogue from one of the main characters!

https://www.sfgate.com/streaming/article/hulu-wework-documentary-47-billion-unicorn-16081429.php
    Hulu’s new documentary “WeWork: Or the Making and Breaking of a $47 Billion Unicorn” opens with a chorus of voices summarizing the company’s downfall and its charismatic co-founder and former CEO Adam Neumann. The most striking quote sums up Neumann’s tendency to distort reality.

“If you tell a 30-something male that he’s Jesus Christ, he’s inclined to believe you.”
    That sounds like it would only be true for terrible people

Arch wrote: »
    The basic combat in Outriders is fine....but I couldn't get past the ridiculous premise that society would go from "People crash landing on alien planet" to "Literal Mad Max psychopath murderers and eating babies*" in only 30 years. Like it was just over the top edgy bullshit, and it wasn't even very fun or funny. It's like they didn't get why Borderlands was interesting, but they knew that it had something to do with violent murderers so they just went with that.

*I'm not exaggerating! This is a line of dialogue from one of the main characters!

I remember how Andromeda explained the many human bandits you killed as being people kicked out of the colony ships, which is kind of absurd for many reasons

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I'm starting a gofundme for a globe encompassing orbital ring

And a second one to help defeat the flood.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Stretch goals

JebusUD wrote: »

Why would we want to defeat the flood instead of becoming one with them?

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.sfgate.com/streaming/article/hulu-wework-documentary-47-billion-unicorn-16081429.php
    Hulu’s new documentary “WeWork: Or the Making and Breaking of a $47 Billion Unicorn” opens with a chorus of voices summarizing the company’s downfall and its charismatic co-founder and former CEO Adam Neumann. The most striking quote sums up Neumann’s tendency to distort reality.

“If you tell a 30-something male that he’s Jesus Christ, he’s inclined to believe you.”
    That sounds like it would only be true for terrible people

Hand someone enough money and they’ll likely show you how terrible they are.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    God the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich is like the greatest drug pulsing through my veins.
    All the pleasure centers being hit
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Bless your heart.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    God the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich is like the greatest drug pulsing through my veins.
    All the pleasure centers being hit
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh

One of the apartments I looked at is like half a block from a Popeye’s.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    5vc0k4ixut52.png

That WeWork lady is Gweneth Paltrows cousin, it all makes sense now.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    dj27cxj76ce6.jpg

guess who could go to Florida if he wanted to, not that he would ever want to, but could

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Arch wrote: »

I found the beginning of the tutorial kind of funny not knowing anything about the story going in. Why am I testing my guns by shooting fake men and tanks? Isn’t there like no one else on this planet and that’s the point? This don’t make sense!

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Well the cat brought back another live mouse.

This was fine when she was killing and eating them, but instead she wants to play with them until she gets bored and then let's them go.

And it turns out I don't know how to kill a mouse at 2.30am so I just released it into the storm drain outside.

Aren’t you guys (AUS) having a mouse plague right now?

VishNub on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

This was fine when she was killing and eating them, but instead she wants to play with them until she gets bored and then let's them go.

And it turns out I don't know how to kill a mouse at 2.30am so I just released it into the storm drain outside.

the mice have defeated the spiders, and are now unopposed

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't think any one thing makes it the best chicken sandwhich
    it's just the perfect ratio of bread and chicken, sauce is just spicy enough that it doesn't scare off any casuals and the pickles have just enough zing to them to pop but not over power any other flavor and just the right thickness to add some texture.
    god bless

Bless your heart.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    A tale of 2 vaccinations:

So I got mine done in base, my wife did hers at 6 flags in md. And the army process was way more organized.

In both cases I stood in a series of lines. Handed paperwork or was handed paperwork in each line, with a person giving very concise directions and little feet for me to follow until I got the shot and a waiting area. And then after 15 minutes I left. I felt like that was how indoctrination goes. Just following feet to lines. Went through 100 people in about 15 minutes before me, second time 5 minute wait and it was mostly just line ride.

Md on the other hand, super disorganized, none of the signage was correct, the cones conflicted with the signs and there were many points the first time weren’t really sure if we were in the right area. Hour and a half wait, about 800 cars. Second times, same wrong signs same just poor design, fewer cars in line though, so only a 20 minute wait, but it was maybe 100 cars.

Jeff, you're suppose to censor the lot number so people can't forge it

Bless your heart.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

the mouse vs rabbit semifinal is going to be fiiiiiiree

well i didn't know that

lbiav6gpe4sj.jpeg

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Chanus wrote: »

the mouse vs rabbit semifinal is going to be fiiiiiiree

I think it's going to be one sided, rabbits are lazy and mice are industrious fuckers

override367 on
    a lot number is like a production run though. what use would forging that be?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Path of Exile 2 announcement today. Very much looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

I think it’s more the flooding defeated the fire and then was in turn defeated by the mice

well i didn't know that

Thanks, now 5 people with fake cards got on my flight and everyone is dead
    What have you done Chanus
    What have you done

Bless your heart.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Texture pop in on Subnautica has gotten so comically bad I sometimes think I’ve found a new area for a couple of minutes and then bam the environment finishes loading and oh this is just the Lost River again but none of the green stuff loaded until now.

The Mushroom Forest area are probably the worst. I can go through the whole area without seeing anything other than desolate grey fingers.

edited April 2021
    dj27cxj76ce6.jpg

guess who could go to Florida if he wanted to, not that he would ever want to, but could

Great work Jeffrey.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    you're suppose to censor the lot number so people can't forge it

Lot numbers are nowhere near unique enough to be secure or private information. They are all over the web right now anyways.

Lot number for X vaccine google image search returns hundreds of them

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i went for my daily walk early to get it out of the way before the football and man, i think i prefer walking at night

less people, less bright light, less traffic, crisper air

zepherin wrote: »

So I got mine done in base, my wife did hers at 6 flags in md. And the army process was way more organized.

In both cases I stood in a series of lines. Handed paperwork or was handed paperwork in each line, with a person giving very concise directions and little feet for me to follow until I got the shot and a waiting area. And then after 15 minutes I left. I felt like that was how indoctrination goes. Just following feet to lines. Went through 100 people in about 15 minutes before me, second time 5 minute wait and it was mostly just line ride.

Md on the other hand, super disorganized, none of the signage was correct, the cones conflicted with the signs and there were many points the first time weren’t really sure if we were in the right area. Hour and a half wait, about 800 cars. Second times, same wrong signs same just poor design, fewer cars in line though, so only a 20 minute wait, but it was maybe 100 cars.

down here at the raceway it's run by the VA Natl Guard and it's like clockwork

i was in and out in under five minutes

a lot number is like a production run though. what use would forging that be?

I mean if they just put some BS number there that would be the number one spot of a fake since all the other shit you can make up

Bless your heart.
    syndalis wrote: »
    you're suppose to censor the lot number so people can't forge it

Lot numbers are nowhere near unique enough to be secure or private information. They are all over the web right now anyways.

Lot number for X vaccine google image search returns hundreds of them

Oh no
    Now we're all dead

Bless your heart.
    i guarantee you nobody checking vaccine cards is also checking the lot number against an official database

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I got my first shot done with Kaiser. They rented out a big convention center for it, and there were WAY too many volunteers. Like, at least 1 volunteer every 3 meters or so showing you where to go. Not even Disneyland has that many workers for line management. Anyway, it was smooth and simple, with minimal waiting, but I also scheduled my appointment at the earliest time available.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Wait people play video games for fun?

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bogart. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

This discussion has been closed.