As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    A tale of 2 vaccinations:

So I got mine done in base, my wife did hers at 6 flags in md. And the army process was way more organized.

In both cases I stood in a series of lines. Handed paperwork or was handed paperwork in each line, with a person giving very concise directions and little feet for me to follow until I got the shot and a waiting area. And then after 15 minutes I left. I felt like that was how indoctrination goes. Just following feet to lines. Went through 100 people in about 15 minutes before me, second time 5 minute wait and it was mostly just line ride.

Md on the other hand, super disorganized, none of the signage was correct, the cones conflicted with the signs and there were many points the first time weren’t really sure if we were in the right area. Hour and a half wait, about 800 cars. Second times, same wrong signs same just poor design, fewer cars in line though, so only a 20 minute wait, but it was maybe 100 cars.

It's like in-processing for basic. They take 300 people and get them through 10 individual different shot stations in like 30 minutes. The rigidity of military structure has some benefits.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    My CVS appointment was pretty smooth

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i guarantee you nobody checking vaccine cards is also checking the lot number against an official database

Oh no now we're double dog dead

Bless your heart.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    New York has the Excelsior App, which will give me a card for my Apple Wallet that says I can do shit once May 10th rolls around and I am two weeks past my second shot.

They are maintaining a state database with this info at least - well enough to support the verification. The cardboard card is a temporary thing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    i guarantee you nobody checking vaccine cards is also checking the lot number against an official database
    ...The army was. They were super cereal.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Texture pop in on Subnautica has gotten so comically bad I sometimes think I’ve found a new area for a couple of minutes and then bam the environment finishes loading and oh this is just the Lost River again but none of the green stuff loaded until now.

The Mushroom Forest area are probably the worst. I can go through the whole area without seeing anything other than desolate grey fingers.

Is that on console? That's a bummer, I don't think that happened on PC, but it can get real murky in some areas.

How far into the story are you? Found the
    tree
    in the Lost River yet? I set up a secondary base in my first playthrough in that area.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Jeff, you're suppose to censor the lot number so people can't forge it

well i didn't know that

Guys I got vaccinated

NTEvZucl.jpg

can you feel the struggle within?
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Six you must be related to 3M
    Surely your family is rich and you can share the wealth with us

Bless your heart.
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    this warms my heart. prison should be for rehabilitation and i think this is a great program
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21DGuMIOIc

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

well i didn't know that

Guys I got vaccinated

NTEvZucl.jpg

these lot numbers check out, you're clear to board sir

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Yes I have free money for everyone

can you feel the struggle within?
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

My local health department was. And also the data on usage is collected by the Feds by the look of the system they were using as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Damn, running an extension cord in a bathroom (without drilling holes) is a real shit

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    its wild seeing how quickly the States is rolling shit out

like i'm listening to podcasts and the hosts are talking about getting their shots

like holy shit you guys are already at the lowest rung of society, podcasters

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

well i didn't know that

Guys I got vaccinated

NTEvZucl.jpg

PFIZER

PFIZER

PFIZER

PFIZER

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    dj27cxj76ce6.jpg

guess who could go to Florida if he wanted to, not that he would ever want to, but could

Jeffrex is a really cool name btw

rRwz9.gif
    Yes I have free money for everyone
    g8qjcputyi1c.jpeg

Alabama is already down to just "whoever is left" can get one.
    If you're in a state that's behind us then god help you.
    We're running our 3rd set of vaccination clinics right now at work.

Bless your heart.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

well sure but they're a bunch of sticks in the mud

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    n5v0voz0daoc.jpeg

dang it's vaccine day and Rex Manning day?

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I wish there was a good corpus of good quality Japanese handwriting scans of what is considered fairly legible handwriting

I want to learn how to write at least hiragana normally, but things like pretty journals or guides don't really get a good idea of what normal is

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

like i'm listening to podcasts and the hosts are talking about getting their shots

They are even letting lowly internet posters get them.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread

Once we got some competent people in place to run this and actually used the defense authorization act to force production and distribution, then yeah we can crank it out.

it helps that we're making three different vaccines in house and not exporting any

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I feel like I was poor last month in XCOM, but

*looks at income*

I am making... 1,258 supplies per month? That can't be right. I may have waited too long on story missions.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I feel like Yellowknife is the only place in Canada with a good vaccine rollout.

All the news I hear from basically everywhere else is super bad.

For the longest time, I was worried the US was going to be the place with the longest timeline to complete vaccination, but you guys have been getting your shit in order. At least when compared to us.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Once we got some competent people in place to run this and actually used the defense authorization act to force production and distribution, then yeah we can crank it out.

"you can always count on America to do the right thing after exhausting all other options"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    The thing I really love about Chimera Squad is how it's all killer, no filler. I love XCOM and other turn-based tacti-kill games to death but man I do not like hustling dudes across a huge map six squares at a time for 20 minutes to get to the next fight.

I think having reapers really helps with this feeling, because you can semi-crazily run them forward so you know exactly how far it's safe to go, then get everyone right up to that, then initiate combat, so it's like a couple of turns, if that, between pod encounters. I definitely felt that way a lot for XCOM 1, but 2 is... nicer. Though, having said that, breach mode is great and I love it so much, what a cool concept.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

tbf i think america still would have done a better job than the EU even without the january change in the hotseat

actually just being able to produce your own shit is a huge step over so many other countries

edited April 2021
    we're fucked up about very, very many things but converting a manufacturing economy to wartime production is something we've sorted

(this might not be valid for actual heavy machinery production anymore, but my Detroit Arsenal roots are showing)

SummaryJudgment on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I wish there was a good corpus of good quality Japanese handwriting scans of what is considered fairly legible handwriting

I want to learn how to write at least hiragana normally, but things like pretty journals or guides don't really get a good idea of what normal is

Its all the same stroke order.

Memorize the stroke order and you are good.

Doesn't matter if you are doing calligraphy or are just taking notes.

ea296gb7jzfp.png

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @SniperGuy yeah that tree is the deepest I’ve been so far. Need to make a couple of depth modules for my shiny new vehicles and I can go past it. And yeah on console. The performance on the PS4 is generally atrocious, crashing on save, literal minutes to load or save, etc.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Podcasters are getting saline

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Scotch in an old fashioned sounds odd. Will have to try that sometime

I had one once in a very fancy restaurant. It was excellent. I have no further details and the restaurant has since lost its star and closed.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    dj27cxj76ce6.jpg

guess who could go to Florida if he wanted to, not that he would ever want to, but could

Jeffrex is a really cool name btw

His elder brother is Jeffrey.
    His younger brother is Jeffrez.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    unrelated to the vaccine but on my drive home i passed a lot for sale on one of those handwritten real estate boards and it had a website: OnlyLands.com

i haven't had the courage to find out if it's real but i am having a sensible chuckle

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Remember when Weezer came out with Pork and Beans but they were all like 40 already so the rebel lyrics just came across as very Hello Fellow Kids.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    It is not, but the domain is a available

unrelated to the vaccine but on my drive home i passed a lot for sale on one of those handwritten real estate boards and it had a website: OnlyLands.com

i haven't had the courage to find out if it's real but i am having a sensible chuckle

When you're not looking for sea men
    Check out Only Lands.
    Because ocean dwellers just don't understand

or

Thanks for subscribing to my Only Lands
    Here are some hot sexy pictures of the Gobi Desert

Bless your heart.
    we're fucked up about very, very many things but converting a manufacturing economy to wartime production is something we've sorted

(this might not be valid for actual heavy machinery production anymore, but my Detroit Arsenal roots are showing)
    We do most heavy manufacturing especially tools and precision goods here in the US, it’s just robots are doing it, because robots are cheaper than children. And it’s real expensive to ship larger items from Asia.

This discussion has been closed.