As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Right, I feel like you could cut half the loot and just mandate that anything ID'd comes with a Life or ES mod no more that 3 tiers below max, and now I might actually spend time picking stuff up.

I don't pick up/ID stuff because it makes my eyes hurt trying to read every god damn item for three mods, and then tossing it if it doesn't have an EHP mod and two resists.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yeah, even if I could "win big" on picking up unids once I'm at red maps, I'm never going to do it because of how long and monotonous it is to pick up and id the average outcome.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Right, I feel like you could cut half the loot and just mandate that anything ID'd comes with a Life or ES mod no more that 3 tiers below max, and now I might actually spend time picking stuff up.

I don't pick up/ID stuff because it makes my eyes hurt trying to read every god damn item for three mods, and then tossing it if it doesn't have an EHP mod and two resists.

But let's go deeper. Why does every item need to have a life roll? Because the content is too dangerous to face without it. For a life character, you absolutely need 6k life, max resists, decent chaos resist, phys taken as element, guard skill on CWDT, and so on. When your boots *need* life, 2 resists, and movement speed to be usable, and all of those need to be good rolls, then what's left? You really can't afford imperfect items or you lose defensive layers and get killed by random bullshit.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    If they want people to "craft" items with chaos orbs they should remove things like move speed and increased life/energy shield from affixes and move them to implicits.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    BAHAHA, WHO IS BENDING REALITY NOW HUH?!

She also coughed up a Maven's Orb, which is keen.

So, unless I can get a bunch of blood-filled vessels with the right contents, my easiest last two challenges to get to 36 is 12 more Blighted maps, and Encounters VII (the stupid Bramble Valley and Sepulchre conditional boss fights).

Absalon on
  • hushhush Registered User regular
    There is not nearly enough done with the ilvl of gear in relation to the quality of the mods that can be rolled on it. You can seem them starting to tinker with it on some of the beefy influenced mod rolls, but just in general, bringing up the floor on all that actual garbage could go a long way in having usable loot actually exist out in the world (or have chaos spam actually matter!).

I'm also very down for movement speed to be an implicit or even a hidden mod that is just a static value (30 or 35%) - or make it, again, based on the ilvl of the boots.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    BAHAHA, WHO IS BENDING REALITY NOW HUH?!

She also coughed up a Maven's Orb, which is keen.

So, unless I can get a bunch of blood-filled vessels with the right contents, my easiest last two challenges to get to 36 is 12 more Blighted maps, and Encounters VII (the stupid Bramble Valley and Sepulchre conditional boss fights).

Bramble valley actually isn’t too bad. Sepulcher is pretty obnoxious. The totems have very small life and as soon as they die so does the de buff.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited March 2021
    Sweeeeeet, managed to do the dumb boss challenge, now I just have to do some Blighted maps that are in my stash and the Ritual hideout is mine!

edit: Aaand done! 36 challenges, about 100 exalts in total in sold stuff, worn gear and drops, all bosses including Aul, A8 Sirus and Atziri Plus, all invitations, 9,3 eHP, 400k damage from RF, 700k from Flame Wall, 90 fire res, 79 for the other resistanceseeseses, and Tempered by War plus some Phys taken as fire handled the rest. Very tanky and fast for the most part, but upping the damage got very expensive in the end. All I didn't get that was "easily" achievable was Doryani's Machinarium, Grandmaster, Vinktar's Square, any mirror-related items or Blight uniques. But I did manage to get a helmet enchant for my main skill (+1 to number of Flame Walls, which actually was a bit useful).

All in all an excellent league in and of itself and for me. They could have added some casual lore bits to the rituals but all of the new stuff was fun and intuitive. Although Opulent rituals were goddamn hard to find and the Ritual uniques were not really exciting.

Absalon on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Somehow I decided to start playing this game this season and played all the way through it for the first time, taking way too long to finish the story and not speedrunning it like everyone says, got into running maps, game got difficult and got tired of not making progress due to deaths, and abandoned it for Bravely Default 2 and Monster Hunter Rise soon.

And I never checked if there was a PA thread for it!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited March 2021
    It is easy to bounce off of because there are so many builds of such varying quality that suit various playstyles. There will be an entire new league with a completely reset economy in mid-April.

Absalon on
    I don't know if I would say I bounced off of it, I feel like I got the full experience. I did a lot of reading and followed the best build guide I could on a witch summoner (apparently lol most popular build in the game so they had to nerf it?), and using that build I didn't die once until near the end of the story...getting annoyed with deaths/stagnation is from around tier 5 maps, and also looking ahead at what it would take to grind further map drops. I did a little bit of everything, harvest, delving, maven, got most of the trials done. I don't really want to play any other build either, it's what I played in both Diablo 2 and 3. I got to the point where it was easy to ask, what am I even doing this for? I get to a sufficiently high level, I start digging into the utter random annoyance that is crafting, and then what? So I think I got what I came for and was done. But it was fun enough while it lasted.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oh were you using the "king of all summoners" build?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Oh were you using the "king of all summoners" build?

I forget what it was called. And I know someone in-game criticized me for using a bad build site and said I should use some other build site. I was new, I just googled "summoner build 2021" basically.

Raise spectre slave drivers were supposed to be the core of the build, and I also had skitterbots, zombies, stone golem, and was eventually supposed to build a powerful animate guardian.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    now u gotta freestyle builds

pick a theme and run it down mid

obF2Wuw.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't know if I would say I bounced off of it, I feel like I got the full experience. I did a lot of reading and followed the best build guide I could on a witch summoner (apparently lol most popular build in the game so they had to nerf it?), and using that build I didn't die once until near the end of the story...getting annoyed with deaths/stagnation is from around tier 5 maps, and also looking ahead at what it would take to grind further map drops. I did a little bit of everything, harvest, delving, maven, got most of the trials done. I don't really want to play any other build either, it's what I played in both Diablo 2 and 3. I got to the point where it was easy to ask, what am I even doing this for? I get to a sufficiently high level, I start digging into the utter random annoyance that is crafting, and then what? So I think I got what I came for and was done. But it was fun enough while it lasted.

That was me a few seasons ago. I built a Caustic Arrow Pathfinder build that did all the content at the time and I was just done. I actually tried picking it up again a few weeks ago and looked over all the level 21 gems and equipment and realized I would never have the patience to do all that again and uninstalled after like 10 minutes. I still remember it fondly and it's best to keep it that way.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    theres just a ton of content bloat and it's all at the backend and they keeping nerfing ways for more casual players to get there

it's really unfortunate

edited March 2021
    GGG: "SO u internet people like Ritual and tall women with much bosoms so next league is Ritual but Vaal yes"

https://youtu.be/d6gNvfBROMM

1pm on April 8th (PDT). Also some PoE2 info!

And the next league is named
    Ultimatum

Absalon on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    they are on the tall big tity hype train very wise

obF2Wuw.png
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Blasted out 36 because I wanted the hideout. See ya'll next league, maybe.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    PoE2 info TODAY AT 4 Eastern US time

I almost wonder if they aren't doing 3.14, and are just doing PoE 2, cause I feel like normally we would have heard more about 3.14 by now...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

I almost wonder if they aren't doing 3.14, and are just doing PoE 2, cause I feel like normally we would have heard more about 3.14 by now...

Well they did release this thing a couple weeks ago. It's official GGG stuff right from the site so not a leak but if you're trying to stay in a blackout for hype I'll spoiler it regardless

Also given the decision making process that led to the 3.13 delay and the total dumpster fire that the PoE community turns into any time GGG tries to communicate anything of substance instead of just bland marketing copy, I can't blame them for dialing it back a little.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

Well they did release this thing a couple weeks ago. It's official GGG stuff right from the site so not a leak but if you're trying to stay in a blackout for hype I'll spoiler it regardless

Also given the decision making process that led to the 3.13 delay and the total dumpster fire that the PoE community turns into any time GGG tries to communicate anything of substance instead of just bland marketing copy, I can't blame them for dialing it back a little.

Yeah, I remembered the teaser, I just hadn't seen literally anything else out of them, and 3.13 ended weeks ago.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Yeah, I remembered the teaser, I just hadn't seen literally anything else out of them, and 3.13 ended weeks ago.

Ritual (3.13) ends next Monday, April 12th?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    edited April 2021
    https://www.pathofexile.com/livestream
    69 -nice- minutes to go. I look forward to seeing/learning more of the Vaal and maybe hear bits of their language spoken.

Absalon on
    Invictus wrote: »

Ritual (3.13) ends next Monday, April 12th?

I thought the last time I logged in all my shit was shunted to the parent league. Must not have been paying enough attention.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Now taking bets on the first complaints when PoE2 goes live:

"They should let the player choose between the old and the new socketing system and skill tree in PoE2. Why should I be forced to play with their new casual-focused garbage system?"

"Well I guess RIP my 3.5 build. Thanks, GGG, I guess Tencent finally got to you."

jungleroomx on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

"They should let the player choose between the old and the new socketing system and skill tree in PoE2. Why should I be forced to play with their new casual-focused garbage system?"

"Well I guess RIP my 3.5 build. Thanks, GGG, I guess Tencent finally got to you."

That last bit is, no joke, their stated reason for havin made so few structural changes to the passive tree in recent years. Like they'll add a bunch of new clusters and such but moving keystones and changing pathing to open up more possibilities will inevitably brick someone's Standard build that relies on something really niche.

So instead they put a metric fuckton of work into designing and implementing cluster jewels because that's how they got around that conundrum. Clearly Reddit is right and GGG actively hates their players.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

That last bit is, no joke, their stated reason for havin made so few structural changes to the passive tree in recent years. Like they'll add a bunch of new clusters and such but moving keystones and changing pathing to open up more possibilities will inevitably brick someone's Standard build that relies on something really niche.

So instead they put a metric fuckton of work into designing and implementing cluster jewels because that's how they got around that conundrum. Clearly Reddit is right and GGG actively hates their players.

The idea that years old standard builds are holding the game back from evolving is definitely something that seems real fucking dumb(not the theory that that's stopping them, but if they are holding back on changes for it is dumb).

Like, I get that they need to make players happy, and when people complain it hurts sales, but also, the game needs to grow and move.

edited April 2021
    Yep yep yeppo I am pretty hype about PoE 2, and those graphics are grotesquely sweet.
    PERMAFROST BOLT
    INCENDIARY BOLT
    ARMOR PIERCING BOLT
    PERMAFROST BOLT
    INCENDIARY BOLT
    ARMOR PIERCING BOLT
    PERMAFROST BOLT
    INCENDIARY BOLT
    ARMOR PIERCING BOLT

Absalon on
    They added spears, hell yeah!

Also, they said probably not until after a 2022 beta.

G A M B L E
    L E A G U E

HOLY SHIT ENCHANTS CAN BE PICKED LETS GO!

I can't wait to cut off all the years of inexperienced GGG deadweight from this game and start lithe and fresh.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Talisman nerf lmaooooo

edited April 2021
    Betting 5 exalts on a low-life melee character that uses life as mana?

'Ard Lad league for 'Ard Lads.

Absalon on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Looks fun enough ill give the next league a shot. PoE2 is a wait and see kind of thing. Hopefully they can fix the bloat/bad optimization to a level that is acceptable and keep it there.

everything seems cool

obvious over-rewarding leagues kneecapped as they should be

delve at low levels improved yeeclaw

lets see how it goes no major complaints

obF2Wuw.png
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I'm just ridiculously happy that they're letting you burn goddess offerings to get trials. I've managed to go entire leagues without getting my final points due to bad rng.

edited April 2021
    Yeah I am hyped for everything, but I am 80 percent sure both the average difficulty and the average reward value of the Ultimatums will be borked all to Murgatroid the first two weeks of the league.

BibleThump LAB RUNNERS BibleThump BEAST SPLITTERS BibleThump DEEP DELVERS BibleThump RESEARCH FARMERS BibleThump HARVEST CHASERS

Absalon on