As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Lives Matter

1192021222325»

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    So many elements of America in those 2 paragraphs.

honovereTicaldfjamDark Raven Xfacetious
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cops love shooting dogs so much they even shoot their own

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    HacksawSpecial KTorgaironZonugalStiltsElvenshaeAistanDee KaeSorceMan in the MistsOdinBahamutZEROTicaldfjamDark Raven XPinfeldorfautono-wally, erotibot300Magic PinkBlackDragon480MayabirdThatDudeOverThereMidnitesarukunDavid WalgasturtleantMatevShadowfirefacetiousRingo
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    I had always assumed the US government played a role in Malcolm X's death.

NYPD cop provides deathbed confession on his involvement in Malcolm’s assassination, directed by the FBI: https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/539872-malcolm-xs-family-says-newly-released-letter-proves-fbi

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I had always assumed the US government played a role in Malcolm X's death.

NYPD cop provides deathbed confession on his involvement in Malcolm’s assassination, directed by the FBI: https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/539872-malcolm-xs-family-says-newly-released-letter-proves-fbi

So a conspiracy of law enforcement officers vs a cabal of misogynoir cultists that exploits teenage girls and punishes black women for having bark and bite, and the wisdom and intelligence to use both.

End of the day, FBI isnt the one propogating an R.Kelly gospel and hiding behind Black America's need for community and strong patriarchs to replace those murdered by racism and systemic racism.

Put another way, I must deal with the parasites while dealing with the disease attracting them.

TicaldfjamDoodmannDer Waffle MousThro
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Dowtown minneapolis looks like a post-war zone, barricades and fencing up all over, cops crawling around, camera teams on every corner

and absolutely nothing happening. no protestors at all

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    They should get ready for a wave of liquid hellfire if they acquit Chauvin, though. Multiple waves, even.

Actually, better yet? Don't get ready for that shit. Let it wash over you.

Magic PinkSorceMan in the Mists
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I think by even the most charitable of interpretations, the Minneapolis Police Chief's testimony thoroughly rebuked the defense's primary argument. I think the only thing that can save Chauvin is a shithead juror like the one in Charlotte that simply could not abide holding police responsible for crimes.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
    DouglasDangerrhylithDoodmannA Dabble Of TheloniusDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeMatevMan in the MistsSkeith
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Please remember the forums are publicly accessible AND please be aware there are members who law enforcement officers

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    RoyceSraphim
    The police chief is definitely labeling Chauvin as a loose cannon who didn't represent the police

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/derek-chauvin-trial-george-floyd-day-6/index.html

Elvenshae
    I'm curious as to what of his testimony is making you characterize it in that way. The defense is arguing that Chauvin's acts are part of police training and protocol and the department is directly rebuking that assertion.

There is no doubt video forced this more than anything, but until the defense calls any authoritative witness that agrees he was trained to do this, I don't see anything about the chief's testimony that is unreasonable.

edited April 6
    Statements like this

"Once Mr. Floyd had stopped resisting, and certainly once he was in distress and trying to verbalize that, that should have stopped," Arradondo testified during Chauvin's criminal trial"

"There is an initial reasonableness in trying to just get him under control in the first few seconds," Arradondo said. "But once there was no longer any resistance and clearly when Mr. Floyd was no longer responsive and even motionless, to continue to apply that level of force to a person proned out, handcuffed behind their back -- that in no way shape or form is anything that is by policy. It is not part of our training, and it is certainly not part of our ethics or our values."

DouglasDanger on
    Elvenshae
    The "ethics and values thing" is a little suspect but still don't see the "loose cannon" interpretation there. The department's culture begets excessive force but I am inclined to believe they didn't train him to do what he was doing as the defense argues.

BlackDragon480
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    The "ethics and values thing" is a little suspect but still don't see the "loose cannon" interpretation there. The department's culture begets excessive force but I am inclined to believe they didn't train him to do what he was doing as the defense argues.

Why?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What's the difference between a culture begetting excessive force and training him to use excessive force?

Straightzi wrote: »
    What's the difference between a culture begetting excessive force and training him to use excessive force?

Culpability.

usergtrmp
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I could easily see that argument being true in that maybe they don't teach it at academy, but that's okay, cause the training officer will teach it in the field where there's less oversight

ElvenshaeShadowfirewebguy20sarukunRhesus PositiveMagic PinkMan in the MistsRedTidenever diegtrmp
    Isn't that like the whole premise of what Chauvin was doing? He was instructing those other 3 officers how to commit an extrajudicial murder on an unarmed black man under the pretense of "they don't teach you this in the academy, but..."

Man in the MistsBahamutZERO
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Authority figures dictate what is acceptable

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I am only partially watching developments in the George Floyd/Derek Chauvin trial because frankly, got a lot of stress with local news as it is, but I've seen some of the witness interviews and am currently watching some of this part where the defense is cross-examines the pulmonologist

And I....did this guy just try to argue that physics is constantly changing, there is variance in gravity, so we can't calculate to the nanosecond the amount of force in units that was applied to George Floyd's neck

Fucking what

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Tonkka
    I can calculate it for him, then.

Enough to kill him. The number is fucking irrelevant.

TicaldfjamMan in the MistsTonkkaRingo
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 8
    I'm guessing when you're guilty you end up making a lot of shitty arguments as to how you are not guilty

Jars on
    ElvenshaeLabelRhesus PositiveBahamutZEROTynnanShadowfireMvrckautono-wally, erotibot300Man in the MistsSorceButtersKayne Red Robesarukun
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 8
    Generally speaking your defense is not allowed to argue that you're guilty as hell, so ya know that's what it looks like when they're arguing against pretty straight forward and publically available evidence of you being guilty as hell

initiatefailure on
    I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
    BahamutZEROThatDudeOverThere
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cops are rioting in Minneapolis again tonight after killing a man earlier today during a traffic stop.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    BahamutZEROTonkkaNetscapeautono-wally, erotibot300
  • TefTef Registered User regular

Tweeter is an independent news media/current affairs organisation. Unicorn Riot have done extensive, relatively unbiased coverage highly recommend checking them out

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Ticaldfjam
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited 12:27PM
    i'm getting real sick of my fucking city

it's almost like there's something wrong with ALL the cops! :rotate:

Magic Pink at
    BahamutZERO
  • HenroidHenroid Affiliate Streamer Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So the new bar cops are willing to murder black people over is air fresheners in a car.

#DefundthePolice is back to national trending and I have a feeling we're gonna see an uptick in protests and riots. As we should.

Affiliate on Twitch (henroidt) - 10pm to 2am PST
    Currently need help with living expenses. Relevant link is on my Twitch page.
    SorceMagic PinkDark Raven XMidniteTicaldfjamShadowfirePoorochondriacDavid Walgas
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Brooklyn Center is 10 miles upriver of Minneapolis proper, which is probably why the city's actually been relatively quiet for now

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.