As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jessica Walter Memorial [TV] Thread

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Who wanted to Lick that field goul?

t4j7hjawzd6l.png

7656367.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    They are making season 13 of MST3K by self funding via that website I won't mention as I'm not trying promote it.

Raised a million dollars a little after three hours after the crowdfund was launched

For comparison, the previous crowdfund to bring the show back in 2015 took 25 hours to raise that much

We're getting more MST3K <3

Sweeney Tom on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hopefully it does much better since the last one brought the show back into more people’s awareness.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Hopefully a streaming doesn't mean they are pulling MST3K from Tubi/Amazon. It's what I go to sleep to.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    The first look at The CW’s ‘POWERPUFF GIRLS’ series.

(Source: http://dlvr.it/RxCH3f)

I think the outfits look fine if this was a more lighthearted sequel type thing, but with the series sounding more "serious PPGs in their 20s" it looks like the stuff they wear just before everything becomes Too Real/falls apart in the first episode.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I was all 'Odd to have them contrasted with a more serious military-outfitted villain' before I realized that's just a set person wearing a mask because pandemic.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It looks like average cosplay, where you recognize the characters but aren't really impressed at all.

uyvfOQy.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's not a terrific sign for this show's budget if that's what they're working with from the jump

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Based on what I saw last night Aaron Rodgers is the worst guest host yet! Good job guys!

Did he do anything especially egregious? I cannot imagine he is worse than Dr Oz

I thought he did good! Admittedly, I'm biased, but I submit to you that Peen may be as well.

Hurtful! I don't have a personal opinion about Aaron Rodgers, I just thought that his delivery was flat and that he rushed a lot of the stuff he said. This was based on one day, maybe he's doing better now!

But also I think this whole thing is stupid and drawn out and they should pick a good host themselves instead of doing whatever this (popularity contest? extended audition?) is supposed to be.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Aaron Rodgers has actually been really good I think. I watched an episode with him hosting and he’s smooth, keeps the flow going, he’s entertaining without taking over the stage.

I’d say he’s a natural

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Based on what I saw last night Aaron Rodgers is the worst guest host yet! Good job guys!

Did he do anything especially egregious? I cannot imagine he is worse than Dr Oz

This was in the YouTube thread. It isn't specifically about anything he did but it is pretty hilarious.

I don't think you can fault Rogers for the US being an evil hypocritical imperialist empire, or fault him for writing that clue/answer

He probably doesn't pay enough taxes, and he's a millionaire, so that sucks, but hes not an active war criminal or a diplomat or a writer for Jeopardy

DouglasDanger on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't feel like the criticism of that question is really fair?

Like, the question is, when you deconstruct it, what group of people were imprisoned for exactly 444 days

That's the way you need to look at it, not trying to figure out the people the United States had imprisoned or any of that

Many Jeopardy questions have a trick like that which you can work with

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

This was in the YouTube thread. It isn't specifically about anything he did but it is pretty hilarious.

I don't think you can fault Rogers for the US being an evil hypocritical imperialist empire, or fault him for writing that clue/answer

He probably doesn't pay enough taxes, and he's a millionaire, so that sucks, but hes not an active war criminal or a diplomat or a writer for Jeopardy

Nobody was faulting him? I very specifically said it wasn't about anything he did, just that it was a funny moment from the show.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

Nobody was faulting him? I very specifically said it wasn't about anything he did, just that it was a funny moment from the show.

Hosts don't have anything to do with the questions.

The humor is that the US Government has so many brutalities to atone for that three incredibly bright people couldn't narrow it down to one of three very reasonable conclusions.

Normally I'd say Dr. Oz would absolutely get the job because we are in the darkest timeline, but with that dip in ratings and the Sony petition to get Levar Burton a chance I have a slim hope. Burton would absolutely crush it.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    Peen or someone was complaining about Rogers and I am having a bad day

Sorry

It doesn't matter

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I wasn't complaining about him, I just thought he didn't do a good job on his second day! It sounds like either he's gotten better or I might have been unfair, I'll see tonight.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    And I wasn't trying to be a jerk there, Peen! Apologies. I can never remember who the nfl fans are and I was thinking you were an anti Rogers

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm anti Aaron Rodgers because I think he is just Tru Value Brett Favre.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    if truvalue Brett Favre means he doesn't send pictures of his dick to reporters then I am pro truvalue

Yeah Favre can fuck off forever

Dammit, I didn't know about that. Why couldn't that have been a quarterback I didn't like that did that? Like Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Dammit, I didn't know about that. Why couldn't that have been a quarterback I didn't like that did that? Like Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger.

At this point, I just default to most white athletes are people I wouldn't personally like simply due to demographics, income, and statistics.

Jragghen on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They are making season 13 of MST3K by self funding via that website I won't mention as I'm not trying promote it.

They hit their 3-episode/$2mil goal in a day ❤️

Took the series revival original crowdfund a full week to reach that amount, for comparison’s sake

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    MST3K has reached $2 Mil in less than a day so we are sure to get at least three new episodes with the cast from the Netflix seasons. 29 more days to go.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    oh, cool, Brian Smith is in this episode of Person of Interest. He went on to play Will Gorski on Sense8

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    oh, cool, Brian Smith is in this episode of Person of Interest. He went on to play Will Gorski on Sense8

Heh, just watched a clip from that episode earlier. It's a doozy.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Deadline is an industry mag
    Don Johnson Confirms ‘Nash Bridges’ Revival Is Heading Into Production

Reboot Martial Law you cowards

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Where’s my Diagnosis Murder reboot?

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    bring back v.i.p.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Give me QUANTUM fucking LEAP.

Sam's daughter (Tatianna Maslany) steps into the quantum accelerator to go looking for her father (doesn't matter if she actually finds him but a guest spot might be nice before parting ways again).

Done.

Don't turn it into a police procedural, or give it an edgy makeover, or make any of the decisions CW would. Just do the above.

No, wait

Bring back Fastlane

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Bring back The Pretender

Bring back John Doe

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Bring back The Pretender

YES! I was telling @Zonugal and @Grey Ghost that a revival would work really well in present day.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Human Target season 3. Pucci dies in episode 1.

uyvfOQy.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    If were reviving all these TV shows can I petition to bring back The Venture Bros?

Bring Back Brak
    Bring Back Brak

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

Deadline is an industry mag
    Don Johnson Confirms ‘Nash Bridges’ Revival Is Heading Into Production

but....why tho

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Bucketman wrote: »
    If were reviving all these TV shows can I petition to bring back The Venture Bros?

Shit, I'd forgotten that got killed. That stings all over again. Fuck.

My mind had fallen back into the space where I just assume I'm between seasons of Venture Bros and it would be back eventually. Since that's kind of been the state of the world for over half my life.

Lars on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I described the plot of Early Edition to a class of high school seniors and they fucking loved the sound of it.

Reboot that.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.