As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Twitter: "Being vaccinated does NOT mean life can resume mostly as normal"

Me, whispering so they don't cyberbully me: "Yes it kind of does provided you are with other vaccinated folks and it has been 20 days since your first shot that's literally the point of the vaccines please stop masturbating to the crisis and the power you feel it gives you"

Twitter: Not Even Once.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

Me, whispering so they don't cyberbully me: "Yes it kind of does provided you are with other vaccinated folks and it has been 20 days since your first shot that's literally the point of the vaccines please stop masturbating to the crisis and the power you feel it gives you"

*shakes hand from side to side*

Eh, there's so much wiggle room in your post that you could drive a bus through it my dude. I'm not saying we still need to be shackled to our masks and distancing even with vaccines, but we're already seeing signs of people just being incredibly irresponsible after only one dose, and the vaccines aren't like, a magic shield that protects you from everything. We don't have strong data on how they respond to the new variants, it's unclear (but becoming more clear) whether or not vaccinated people can still be carriers, and a lot of people are like "I'm vaccinated time to abandon any pretense of safety" which is the idea most of these tweets are lampooning.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    this morning I was sleeping in and when I woke up eventually it was bc Poppy had decided at some point after his 8am meeting to cook me breakfast ???? And then ? Used part of the setup from movie-bathtime last night to make a lil tabletop and like

brought me that and iced coffee to wake me up between work things

I'm. Like hello?? He keeps this up I'm gonna catch feelings

also I was feeling insufficiently boy (?????gender makes no sense ever) and so he fished out a tshirt for me and his has racoons on it and it says "death is coming, eat trash, be free" anyway I'm in love with him lmao

well if you catch feelings we can't really

*snrk*

Blame you ahahahaahahahahaahaha

I'm not sorry

someone put this bug in jail

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    Like, sure, hang out with a bunch of vaccinated people and do whatever you want

But....a bunch of you and your vaccinated friends going to a Chili's without even trying to mask or distance is probably still a bad idea.

mostly because you'd be at a Chili's, but also because there's still transmission risk, even if it's low.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I think everyone should stay inside and not spend time with anyone forever

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    unrelated to the vaccine but on my drive home i passed a lot for sale on one of those handwritten real estate boards and it had a website: OnlyLands.com

i haven't had the courage to find out if it's real but i am having a sensible chuckle

When you're not looking for sea men
    Check out Only Lands.
    Because ocean dwellers just don't understand

or

Thanks for subscribing to my Only Lands
    Here are some hot sexy pictures of the Gobi Desert

51I0AkZCcqL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Only Lands.

HAWT.

Wow, not even dual lands, or full card art. I can't jack it to this!
    NF2McXvl.jpg

Sorry, is this more your kink, you perv?

It is a small dream of mine to build an all white border EDH deck, but it would either be prohibitively expensive or very boring and probably both.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    One of the things I really love about being me: Being able to talk my way into getting work time that will help me develop my personal projects.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    A tweet of mine got like 25 likes suddenly and I was like “huh what’s going on here”

turns out I posted this on this day last year

ne8456jemhi4.jpeg

this morning I was sleeping in and when I woke up eventually it was bc Poppy had decided at some point after his 8am meeting to cook me breakfast ???? And then ? Used part of the setup from movie-bathtime last night to make a lil tabletop and like

brought me that and iced coffee to wake me up between work things

I'm. Like hello?? He keeps this up I'm gonna catch feelings

also I was feeling insufficiently boy (?????gender makes no sense ever) and so he fished out a tshirt for me and his has racoons on it and it says "death is coming, eat trash, be free" anyway I'm in love with him lmao

well if you catch feelings we can't really

*snrk*

Blame you ahahahaahahahahaahaha

I'm not sorry

someone put this bug in jail

I SAID IM NOT SORRY AND I'LL DO THE TIME CAUSE I DID THE CRIME

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    I'm looking for some decent dressy boots and was thinking of giving Thursday a shot. Any reason I shouldn't?

They seem to have that perfect blend of price, quality, and not using child labour that I'm looking for.

Damn these look nice.

I do not need new boots.

I do NOT need new boots.

I know, right? I dunno, reviews look good. I always feel bad spending this much on clothing though.

japan wrote: »

LIVE: Watch Thatcher Die

I'm looking for some decent dressy boots and was thinking of giving Thursday a shot. Any reason I shouldn't?

They seem to have that perfect blend of price, quality, and not using child labour that I'm looking for.

Damn these look nice.

I do not need new boots.

I do NOT need new boots.

I know, right? I dunno, reviews look good. I always feel bad spending this much on clothing though.

Damn you both, why would you bring this brand to my attention.

I like to ART
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I would like to go to a cocktail lounge again. I miss cocktail lounges.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Because blameless
    I get it
    I am amused bug lord

Bless your heart.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I’m tired and my arm hurts. I do not have super powers.

Eh, there's so much wiggle room in your post that you could drive a bus through it my dude. I'm not saying we still need to be shackled to our masks and distancing even with vaccines, but we're already seeing signs of people just being incredibly irresponsible after only one dose, and the vaccines aren't like, a magic shield that protects you from everything. We don't have strong data on how they respond to the new variants, it's unclear (but becoming more clear) whether or not vaccinated people can still be carriers, and a lot of people are like "I'm vaccinated time to abandon any pretense of safety" which is the idea most of these tweets are lampooning.

BC didn't have a flu season this year due to COVID measures. Not a single confirmed case of community spread. I understand people are eager to socialize but I'd appreciate if we could be cautious, and maintain some of our cautious habits going forward!

Doodmann wrote: »

Damn these look nice.

I do not need new boots.

I do NOT need new boots.

Damn you both, why would you bring this brand to my attention.

share my pain

Yes, I will pay 12 -15 dollars a drink for a place with velvet couches where Beach House is playing on the sound system.They might even do some silly shit, like shake the cocktail at the table, light it on fire, and douse it with cinnamon.

I love it.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Damn these look nice.

I do not need new boots.

I do NOT need new boots.

For something you know you’ll use and last a long time, it’s worth it. Good boots are worth the price and these aren’t even that crazy. Much lower quality ones would be around $120 and would fall apart in a year or two.

Do it.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Dinner

iy50pisdxszd.jpeg

Dinner

iy50pisdxszd.jpeg
    I’m heading to your house I’ll bring wine beer.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I feel like my post gave two pretty tight qualifications, time since vaccine and being with other vaccinated people, which cover all the reasonable considerations you still need to have.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I feel like my post gave two pretty tight qualifications, time since vaccine and being with other vaccinated people, which cover all the reasonable considerations you still need to have.
    But what about all the 5G interference from gathering with other super mortals?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    One of the places I loved that unfortunately closed because pandemic would make the crushed ice for cocktails by hitting ice with a bat behind the bar.

I can’t wait for 20 days to pass so I can act super irresponsible.

4fqj8b9xt47b.jpeg

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I went ahead and bought HZD while it's on sale, so I have it in case I decide to play it later. And while it's installing I can play RDR2 and see how Rockstar games look like in 4k/hdr.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i got covid, which i'm pretty sure is as good as getting the vaccine

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    20 days is about the time needed for the nanobots to install the autism spyware in your blood

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't know if it's useful to be mad at a disease, but I was legit angry at the variants once I learned they started popping up. Fuck you, I want to go to dancing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    got my first vaccine shot today

so far i feel nothing but i'm waiting for that to change when i wake up tomorrow or something

still not really planning on going anywhere but for groceries and the odd takeout run though

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    got my first vaccine shot today

so far i feel nothing but i'm waiting for that to change when i wake up tomorrow or something

still not really planning on going anywhere but for groceries and the odd takeout run though

I felt fine too until later in the venoms when my arm became really sore

Was sore all day the next day but fine after

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Yes, I will pay 12 -15 dollars a drink for a place with velvet couches where Beach House is playing on the sound system.They might even do some silly shit, like shake the cocktail at the table, light it on fire, and douse it with cinnamon.

I love it.

I miss tiki bars

Yes please I would like my drink to have a lot of plants in it and also be served out of a skull

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    theoretically a third shot should make one even more immune

it stands to reason that even further vaccinations will give me some sort of super immunity

surely this won't result in me turning into a resident evil monster

edited April 2021

yeah, sure, but you're being disingenuous about the intent of people on twitter talking about taking it slowly even though vaccines are being rolled out, because unless there's some big contingent of people who just like to suffer and spread misery (and yes, since it's twitter, that's probably a lot of people), most epidemiologists are still saying it's not time to get back to "normal" for a bit

so sure, yeah, a bunch of vaccinated people can do whatever they want with vaccinated people, but I'm pretty sure twitter posts aren't talking to that specific, minority, group of people and are instead talking about people who are vaccinated and just walking around without a mask in like, schools and at walmat

like the two students I yelled at today for not wearing a mask, who shouted back "We're vaccinated!"

which like, isn't the point?

Arch on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

it stands to reason that even further vaccinations will give me some sort of super immunity

If you get enough of them you can learn the Shiva and Ifrit summons

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    or worse the people who aren't vaccinated, don't want to be, never wore a mask, and feel like now they definitely don't have to since people are vaccinated

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

Turning into a Resident Evil monster would get me so much sex

or worse the people who aren't vaccinated, don't want to be, never wore a mask, and feel like now they definitely don't have to since people are vaccinated

yeah but no one is talking to those people, because those people need to fuck off. They needed to fuck off a year ago, they needed to fuck off yesterday, they'll need to fuck off tomorrow and they'll probably still need to fuck off a year from now.

I like to ART
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Thank god the pandemic is over so it's safe to stop washing my hands.

This discussion has been closed.