As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Really Hope the [Kids] are alright

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    That is amazing, holy shit!

Also, please clean your oven!

ugh, _fine_, I guess it looks better now:

xO697Fc.jpg?1

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to watching this escalate further over the next few years.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    "Why did you clean the oven?"

"Internet people told me too"

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    This kid, y'all.

So not only breakfast for me, not only did she do her own learning. Not only did she write perfect capital Y's when I told her that they looked like tall antibodies. But she went to the zoo with her dad this afternoon and she convinced him to not only buy her a new stuffed animal, but she also got him to buy me a lovely pair of paua earrings in the shape of kiwi birds.

And no fighting the shower tonight, or bedtime.

Y'all.

I do not miss the potato stage at all.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Much like scotch and fine wine, kids get better with age! I've been saying it for years!

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    New hat! His choice...
    9ak57snrdttg.jpg
    Mi'lady...

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    That dude is rocking some sweet dino gear

We have that same tag line of "Roarsome" on like three shirts

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    No such thing as too many dinos little guy! Well done well done

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Having kids has made me realize we're living in a golden age of Dinosaur themed toys and food.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Now that I've done this... I should never post pictures of my house, huh?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Now that I've done this... I should never post pictures of my house, huh?

No, you should only post carefully staged pictures of your house.

If it's out-of-frame, it doesn't exist.

You just need to be careful about your FOV and any nearby mirrors or mirror-like objects.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kids really need to stop growing. For his sports camp today he needed to take his bike (something we only found out about when my other half dropped him off as we aren't in the sports camp Facebook Group) so I had to find it in the house, pump the tyres up, find two allen keys that would fit into the seat / handlebar adjustments and drop it off at the school

I then found out that he's now literally outgrown this bike as neither the seat or the handlebars don't go high enough so now he looked like a clown riding a tiny bicycle. This was the bike that the last time I adjusted the seat / handlebars he could barely touch the ground except with his toes

Now he's over 122cm and do I really need to buy another bike that'll sit in a corner somewhere unused before he grows out of it because he prefers to ride his scooter around?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Kids really need to stop growing. For his sports camp today he needed to take his bike (something we only found out about when my other half dropped him off as we aren't in the sports camp Facebook Group) so I had to find it in the house, pump the tyres up, find two allen keys that would fit into the seat / handlebar adjustments and drop it off at the school

I then found out that he's now literally outgrown this bike as neither the seat or the handlebars don't go high enough so now he looked like a clown riding a tiny bicycle. This was the bike that the last time I adjusted the seat / handlebars he could barely touch the ground except with his toes

Now he's over 122cm and do I really need to buy another bike that'll sit in a corner somewhere unused before he grows out of it because he prefers to ride his scooter around?

*confused Dutch sounds*

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Remote kindergarten is working on “-ut“ family words today.

The joy in their voices when they read “but” out loud warms the heart.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    We got the little one a little outdoor playhouse, and it comes with a BBQ.

She has these tongs and a bbq fork that she uses to pretend to cook.

Hilariously, she says fork as fuck

I came home yesterday after shopping and as I'm getting the groceries out of the car I can hear 'Where fuck' over and over again from the back yard.

I was dying from laughter as I made my way to the backyard.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular

I'd check how long until he outgrows the scooter.

:so_raven:
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Little man had his 6mo checkup on Monday. He is in the 90th percentile for weight, and the 95th(!) for height. He is currently wearing, relatively comfortably, a pair of 18m PJ’s which I bought out of desperation. Still no snaps, but at least we’re not packing him into his outfit by the roll.

Slightly worried he’ll be taller than us before he hits puberty at this rate.

CroakerBC wrote: »
    Little man had his 6mo checkup on Monday. He is in the 90th percentile for weight, and the 95th(!) for height. He is currently wearing, relatively comfortably, a pair of 18m PJ’s which I bought out of desperation. Still no snaps, but at least we’re not packing him into his outfit by the roll.

Our kids are giants as babies, but the eldest is basically average at almost 5

edited April 2021
    Corvus wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Our kids are giants as babies, but the eldest is basically average at almost 5

Honestly, it's just nice to know that when we've been struggling to find clothes he fits into, we're not hallucinating, he's just a tiny giant.
    We still need clothes though.

ETA: ALso, ugh people, stop stockpiling for COVID lockdowns. I get my Enfamil and diapers from Amazon, which works great unless there aren't any.

CroakerBC on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

We got him a Micro Sprite a couple of years back that grows with him until he's about 12. So it'll be good for another 5 years

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Ripley has decided over the last month that the word "coconut" with absolutely nothing else is the funniest thing in the English language.

If you are talking to her she will sometimes just look at you, narrow her eyes, and say "Coconut" and just burst into laughter. Sometimes it's in response to a question sometimes she says it when no one is talking.

Sometimes she says it in three distinct syllables, "Co. Co. Nut."

It kills me every time.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Description: a tweet by me with a video of my kids singing the potato remix song based of the LotR movies.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Ripley has decided over the last month that the word "coconut" with absolutely nothing else is the funniest thing in the English language.

If you are talking to her she will sometimes just look at you, narrow her eyes, and say "Coconut" and just burst into laughter. Sometimes it's in response to a question sometimes she says it when no one is talking.

Sometimes she says it in three distinct syllables, "Co. Co. Nut."

It kills me every time.

I feel like your kid needs to know about the word "kumquat".

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur

We got him a Micro Sprite a couple of years back that grows with him until he's about 12. So it'll be good for another 5 years

Cool, we got the eldest a mini-micro scooter when he turned 1. I'll have to check what model it is and how big it will go to. He's more about his bike than this scooter though.

Speaking of LOTR, the same kid, who has never been exposed to LOTR has started asking for "Second Breakfast"

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Cool, we got the eldest a mini-micro scooter when he turned 1. I'll have to check what model it is and how big it will go to. He's more about his bike than this scooter though.

Speaking of LOTR, the same kid, who has never been exposed to LOTR has started asking for "Second Breakfast"

Another vouch for Micro scooters if they need one.

Daughter really likes her Micro Maxi? It's a three wheel jobber with a wide plastic platform. Can haul ass on that thing.

Now we're having trouble getting her to use the Razor that Santa got her for the bigger size and to match what friends have.

Pulling our kid from daycare until I can get vaccinated and am two weeks post shot. This could be over two months from now. Things are not good here in Canada. I just hope we're at some sort of normalcy by September when he is supposed to start Kindergarten.

Pulling our kid from daycare until I can get vaccinated and am two weeks post shot. This could be over two months from now. Things are not good here in Canada. I just hope we're at some sort of normalcy by September when he is supposed to start Kindergarten.

We got a note from our daycare in downtown TO, saying that they’re closing everything but infant and toddler down.

I must admit to relief that I might not have to take an undefined amount of time off work, whilst the Mrs settles into a new job, to care for our baby. But I’m waiting for it to happen anyway.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    This kid, y'all.

The dryer has just beeped.
    I say, yes I will be right there.
    Ellie, stalling bedtime, "don't worry mom, let me and daddy handle this chore today"

So they are now sorting dry laundry and then moving clothes to the dryer

Little King went to a introduction event for korfbal. Two of his classmates play in the mini league for 3-6 year olds and they cajoled a bunch of other kids into giving it a try. Today was a special day with a bouncy castle, cake and lemonade, so Little King was having a blast. It only took him a few minutes to join in on the training and just enjoyed himself while I was chatting with other parents.

Korfbal is a sport that's almost exclusively played in The Netherlands and Belgium. It's like field basketball. You play it in teams of 5 boys and girls, you can only defend against players of the same gender and you're not allowed to cross the middle line. You can only pass the ball and the basket does not have a backside to bounce it off of. So yeah, weird as balls. I'm sure Little King will like it for a while, but I hope he's going to try a bunch of other sports as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSIN4dniiU

Got some more different sleepers for the little man. All zips, because I am apparently the only person who likes snaps, ha. They’re...OK. The Burts Bee’s 18m ones are long enough, but very skinny in the arms and he does not enjoy being stuffed into them.

Amazon’s Moon and Back ones are actually pretty good, but also obscenely expensive.

The search continues.

Also, he gave me a heart attack today by filling a diaper with what appeared, in a dim light, to be red poo. I thought we were talking blood for a second, before realising it was actually orange, and remembering daycare fed him squash yesterday. Still riding that adrenaline spike.

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    We gave up on sleep clothes with our kids rather quickly because they make them very snug. It's supposed to be for fire safety reasons, but really just make most brands not fit.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This kid, y'all.

The dryer has just beeped.
    I say, yes I will be right there.
    Ellie, stalling bedtime, "don't worry mom, let me and daddy handle this chore today"

So they are now sorting dry laundry and then moving clothes to the dryer

Dad: *squints eyes* "fucking traitor."

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    https://youtu.be/UiHrA1Si0Gw

This came up in my recommendations. At first I thought it'd be one of those obnoxious videos that never actually tell you anything useful but I was quickly proven wrong.

Just love his deadpan demeanor.

SharpyVII on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    We gave up on sleep clothes with our kids rather quickly because they make them very snug. It's supposed to be for fire safety reasons, but really just make most brands not fit.

I never understood this thing about fire safety in children's bed clothes. Did children suddenly combust prior to those laws getting passed?

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    We can't do sleep pajamas because they don't make the thighs big enough. My 2 year old has to wear 4t which are too long for her.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I know this isn't possible for a variety of good reasons but I would pay actual money to watch a group of 3-6 year olds playing korfbal, which I only just found out about and find extremely delightful. I would play in an old man recreational korfbal league if that were a thing here.

SharpyVII wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/UiHrA1Si0Gw

This came up in my recommendations. At first I thought it'd be one of those obnoxious videos that never actually tell you anything useful but I was quickly proven wrong.

Just love his deadpan demeanor.

Ahhh

Good old kiwi humour.

...did he train the kid how to fall on command of what's happening here?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ...did he train the kid how to fall on command of what's happening here?

I assume they made it a game, and there were many, many takes.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile