As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knockout [Chat]

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    That only took forever.
    They didnt charge me for my sweet tea tho
    so whose the real loser here

Bless your heart.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Hmmm this is just up the road

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/90507394#/

Don't know if we could swing the mortgage for it, though

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

buzzkill notice: The image of the lady is a photocomp and the story is satire

D.K.

Dream Killer

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

I will not stand for your pro cop apologia

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    pro-cop copaganda

propaganda, if you will

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    James wrote: »
    my job is unionized and it's strictly if you're sick you're not working

even after being here for over a year, with a pandemic on top of it all, it's difficult to get out of the mindset of justifying taking off sick, catching up on work, general feelings of guilt

i don't see workplaces that are forced to give workers sick time off making any long-term changes

My old manager once told me that sick days are for anytime you're not feeling well. If you're tired or drained and need a day, take a day.

And that's what I do, even in my new position.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Whats worse than a corporate survey?

Getting selected to be on the focus group to review the survey results....

Fuck

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    I love working from home.

If my company/contract says I have to come in more than 2 days a week, I'll be starting a new job hunt.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Whats worse than a corporate survey?

Getting selected to be on the focus group to review the survey results....

Fuck

Opt out. Where’s my opt out button.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I will not stand for your pro cop apologia

Exposing one's genitals to a cop is sexual harassment. Excreting love juices on a cop is sexual assault.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Huh. Chris Meloni plays copaganda on TV, but is a left wing shitposter on twitter.

who knew

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I should get a 3D printer.

What would be a decent one for mostly printing DnD minis and terain?

This is a much better plan than the home made metal smelter I've been planning which is probably an elborate way for me to commit suicide.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Huh. Chris Meloni plays copaganda on TV, but is a left wing shitposter on twitter.

who knew

Elliot Stabler is a lunatic that goes home every night to a can of peaches

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

who knew

on one hand, Eliot Stabler

on the other hand, Edgar "sugar water" McCoy from MIB

ed: nm that's Vince O'nofrio

Happy! would be the correct referencr

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

This is a much better plan than the home made metal smelter I've been planning which is probably an elborate way for me to commit suicide.

for minis you'll want to look at resin printers. And that means you need to have a place to run the printer that you can keep at a stable temperature for hours on end but also ventilate very well. Actually that is true for PLA printers as well but for some reason people seem to be less careful about the fumes from PLA printers. You really really shouldn't be.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Think I might try out the Sword and Shield in MH World tonight. Also gonna go try and find this "plunderblade" thing?

Up to the point where I have to take down a Diablos and a Rathalos and diablos kicked my aaaasssss last night, so some upgrades and "actually paying attention to what i'm bringing" are likely in order.

SnS best sword. Its great for just standing directly under a monster and beating the shit out of them.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

who knew

Elliot Stabler is a lunatic that goes home every night to a can of peaches

that can of peaches can suck its own dick

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

I have a Da Vinci Mini+ and it is cheap and perfectly serviceable.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Like, sure, hang out with a bunch of vaccinated people and do whatever you want

But....a bunch of you and your vaccinated friends going to a Chili's without even trying to mask or distance is probably still a bad idea.

mostly because you'd be at a Chili's, but also because there's still transmission risk, even if it's low.

What about blowjobs behind the Olive Garden?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    We made a delivery attempt: 04/08/2021 07:18 PM. Delivery will be attempted again on the next business day. Click Manage Delivery below to take more control of your package(s).

Like hell you did you fucking liars

VishNub on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular

for minis you'll want to look at resin printers. And that means you need to have a place to run the printer that you can keep at a stable temperature for hours on end but also ventilate very well. Actually that is true for PLA printers as well but for some reason people seem to be less careful about the fumes from PLA printers. You really really shouldn't be.

please, next you're gonna tell us we shouldn't be snorting the resin dust after our mini cleanup

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

cast your own lead you coward

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    We made a delivery attempt: 04/08/2021 07:18 PM. Delivery will be attempted again on the next business day. Click Manage Delivery below to take more control of your package(s).

My unit buzzer goes to my cell phone, so there would be a record of an attempt to contact, should one have occurred.

Canada Post never attempts to deliver.

They installed a parcel box in my condo because we get so many packages and I still get parcel pickup notices in my mailbox on the reg.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

My unit buzzer goes to my cell phone, so there would be a record of an attempt to contact, should one have occurred.

Canada Post never attempts to deliver.

They installed a parcel box in my condo because we get so many packages and I still get parcel pickup notices in my mailbox on the reg.

They didn't even bother leaving a note!

Chanus wrote: »

I have some of these molds in a box in the garage and used to cast figures with them in high school. It was super fun despite the frequency of getting drops of molten metal on my hands.

https://www.dunken.com/

They are 25mm scale so smaller than modern minis tend to be (warhammer is like 28mm and really big even for 28 these days)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    vs5r17qzlzr61.png

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

It wasn't an attempt. They never said it was a good attempt.

8i1dt37buh2m.png

recently a company tried to give me an extra shipping charge for a second delivery attempt, since it was by appointment

they had attempted to deliver to the wrong address

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I need to have a conversation with work about whether they are actually going to require people to work from the office or not, and if so, how much

Bearing in mind that the answer determines whether or not I sell my house

I'm at the same place with my car. I love it but it's a lot to pay per month if its mostly sitting. We don't need three cars and my wife is pretty sure she will only be in the office two days, and happens to work the same complex (I can walk from her office to my desk without going outside).

They keep kicking the can on any decisions - we are officially WfH through September 13, but I need to know what it will actually look like whenever this ends.

I think I'm going to put the WRX up when I get home though, and since I'm not in any rush I don't need to worry about low ballers.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited April 2021
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I need to have a conversation with work about whether they are actually going to require people to work from the office or not, and if so, how much

I'm at the same place with my car. I love it but it's a lot to pay per month if its mostly sitting. We don't need three cars and my wife is pretty sure she will only be in the office two days, and happens to work the same complex (I can walk from her office to my desk without going outside).

They keep kicking the can on any decisions - we are officially WfH through September 13, but I need to know what it will actually look like whenever this ends.

I think I'm going to put the WRX up when I get home though, and since I'm not in any rush I don't need to worry about low ballers.

We've got a lease for a family car, and PLPD on an old beater that looks fine and runs if we've got a blue moon scenario where we both need cars at the same time. Would still be cheaper to Lyft, thinking about it.

SummaryJudgment on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

We've got a lease for a family car, and PLPD on an old beater that looks fine and runs if we've got a blue moon scenario where we both need cars at the same time. Would still be cheaper to Lyft, thinking about it.

Yeah, we have the Disco and the GTO isn't an ideal Michigan winter driver but my wife daily drove it for almost ten years year round so it'll do if it has to.

But it's only 4 miles to work so I can ride a bike, call a cab / uber, or even take the bus even if it's very roundabout.

And it's not like we can't just go out and buy a car this fall if we suddenly do need a second daily driver.

We got our first car when our older boy was about 9 years old IIRC. Prior to that no car at all. Since then we've had a 2nd kid and have expanded to that same car and now an electric bicycle as well.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Using melted scrap metal for casting minis is actually a decent idea, but getting hold of molds might be an issue.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Going back and forth on the minutia of a report sure is tedious.

Pareto principle sure is a thing.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    James wrote: »

recently a company tried to give me an extra shipping charge for a second delivery attempt, since it was by appointment

they had attempted to deliver to the wrong address

Bu James have you considered you might have been in the wrong for not living at the address they tried to deliver it to?

This discussion has been closed.