As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did you know [VTubers] are going to take over the world? Hololive, Nijisanji, VShojo, etc!

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    No matter who wins we all win!
    btl3k0j4di4m.jpg

2021.jpeg
    ... You know what, I don't want context, because this is amazing as it stands.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I happened to see her eat the cake live in the few minutes I had her stream open, it was adorable.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    Henroid wrote: »
    btl3k0j4di4m.jpg

2021.jpeg
    ... You know what, I don't want context, because this is amazing as it stands.

I guess Botan is gonna be on Suda's NMH retrospective/ NMH3 stream

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Reine's mom is so cool, that Reine invited her friends to hang out with her:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLDLjQe5oo

Go Team Nijisanji!
    Pochi-sensei has done a few collabs! She also does her own clips, which is smart as heck

https://youtu.be/x7ErCDbAu70

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Go Team Hololive!
    Am i the only one a little confused why pochi's model seems lower quality then the hololive girls? didnt she make several of there models?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Sorry @WeedLordVegeta that I missed that. I talk about vtuber stuff in a few places and I end up losing a lot of shit here and there as it happens. >.<

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    azith28 wrote: »
    Am i the only one a little confused why pochi's model seems lower quality then the hololive girls? didnt she make several of there models?

Pochi created the character designs, the Live 2D character rigging was done by a different artist (this is common for many Holo participants).

Go Team Nijisanji!

Pochi created the character designs, the Live 2D character rigging was done by a different artist (this is common for many Holo participants).

She also likely isn't using the proprietary software to hololive uses to stream, and her rig predates her gaining mainstream fame as a mangaka (she's the lady behind the onee-san demon manga and the isekai mom anime); I imagine if she ever gets a new model it'll be drastically improved

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    that reminds me, there are a good number of vtubers where it's tough for me to watch them because for whatever reason their voices just hit my ears wrong and I can't deal with it.

Iron Mouse is probably the most prominent example, but the other day I happened to hear her in a clip somewhere, and for some reason something she said kind of reminded me of Elmo a bit (not directly but that kind of feel)

and ever since then, I've kind of just imagined those vtubers with really distinct voices that would normally bug me as extremely horny muppets and it's actually done a lot to help me not be bothered by them so much

Houk the Namebringer on
    Go Team Nijisanji!
    that reminds me, there are a good number of vtubers where it's tough for me to watch them because for whatever reason their voices just hit my ears wrong and I can't deal with it.

Iron Mouse is probably the most prominent example, but the other day I happened to hear her in a clip somewhere, and for some reason something she said kind of reminded me of Elmo a bit (not directly but that kind of feel)

and ever since then, I've kind of just imagined those vtubers with really distinct voices that would normally bug me as extremely horny muppets and it's actually done a lot to help me not be bothered by them so much

So you've been watching Noor stream Genshin

Go Team Nijisanji!
    Oh here's the full nmh stream botan was on

https://youtu.be/NLl-aLeuNbE

Haachamachamaaaa

I think Ollie has a wonderfully warm personality and her nature of being up for almost anything is very good... and she needs to put the Subaru filter on her mic to stop peaking the shit out of every single phrase she says. My brother gets migranes and literally cannot watch any of her stuff because of this. I'm not saying she should shout less or whatever, it's just this is a completely solved issue in the audio world, but fandom is like "lol my ears are blessed".

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    it's not something I would want to watch, but 85 sessions sounds insane. I played through all of out of the abyss and it took, uh, 4 months?

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Nyanner's has already drawn a pretty dope sketch of her DnD character, seems like she's getting really excited for the DnD campaign.

Arcadum's going to be herding cats (catgirls) with this group, but he's certainly not going to be lacking enthusiasm

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Haachamachamaaaa
    So, Nyanners has had it rough in her time and still has ptsd over it (her first channel got false copyright struck down and YouTube sent her personal information to the harassers)
    https://youtu.be/ubm30nJUvrs
    Fuck, people suck

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    So, Nyanners has had it rough in her time and still has ptsd over it (her first channel got false copyright struck down and YouTube sent her personal information to the harassers)
    Fuck, people suck

The Internet was like that up until 2012, when people finally had enough of it. People ask "Why Zoe Quinn was so important in GG?". My observation is that, in the end, it was not about her. It was about having a critical mass of people having enough of trolls just being able to kick people out of the Internet as they wished by mass harassing them, and the trolls fighting back as hard as possible.

Note that people STILL get mass copyright striked and most small YouTubers are just jack shit out of luck when that happens. We have touched several times that one of the advantages of big umbrella groups like Hololive or Nijisanji is having a safety net to at least try to do something about it, and the best they get is YouTube removing strikes in a month.

Also, note that Nyanners was like fucking 15 when that happened.

TryCatcher on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Fuck, people suck

The Internet was like that up until 2012, when people finally had enough of it. People ask "Why Zoe Quinn was so important in GG?". My observation is that, in the end, it was not about her. It was about having a critical mass of people having enough of trolls just being able to kick people out of the Internet as they wished by mass harassing them, and the trolls fighting back as hard as possible.

Note that people STILL get mass copyright striked and most small YouTubers are just jack shit out of luck when that happens. We have touched several times that one of the advantages of big umbrella groups like Hololive or Nijisanji is having a safety net to at least try to do something about it, and the best they get is YouTube removing strikes in a month.

Also, note that Nyanners was like fucking 15 when that happened.

I remember listening to her talk about that experience on stream and thinking how fucking awful that has to be for a kid to go through, especially when she was talking about how the people would harass her parents too and she felt like it was her fault and that she had done something wrong. So disgusting.

Ironmouse is going deep on power rangers. I had no idea she liked power rangers so much and it is awesome seeing her get so excited and pumped over them. I had no idea that there were 35 ranger groups.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Iron Mouse go on Teenagers With Attitude

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    This person has compiled a graphic all the main weapons of holo members playing MonHun

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I'm not a Monster Hunter player but how easy is it to change weapon types if you wanted to? Also, how many of the Holos have experimented with different types of weapons vs just picking one and sticking with it?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm not a Monster Hunter player but how easy is it to change weapon types if you wanted to? Also, how many of the Holos have experimented with different types of weapons vs just picking one and sticking with it?

It's really easy to change weapon types, you just go equip a different weapon. That said, you may need to gather some materials to make said weapon since the only ones you get for free are the starting ones of each type.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

It's really easy to change weapon types, you just go equip a different weapon. That said, you may need to gather some materials to make said weapon since the only ones you get for free are the starting ones of each type.
    On a scale of FFXIV raid gear (collect tokens) to WoW raid gear (collect tokens and hope something rare drops on a weekly lockout), how time consuming is the "craft a new weapon" aspect of the game? Because the more it leans toward WoW, being really time consuming and luck driven, I kinda don't blame people for sticking to what they choose at the start.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

On a scale of FFXIV raid gear (collect tokens) to WoW raid gear (collect tokens and hope something rare drops on a weekly lockout), how time consuming is the "craft a new weapon" aspect of the game? Because the more it leans toward WoW, being really time consuming and luck driven, I kinda don't blame people for sticking to what they choose at the start.

Depending on how long one has been playing, it could be a matter of already having needed materias or it could be 1-3 hunts of a given monster to gather the materials.

So much less than either FFXIV or WoW, in terms of time. Starting even from no materials, making a given weapon of a different type shouldn't take more than an hour of play at most.

steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    The thing with MonHun though is most people get really attached to the main weapon type they use, from what I've seen

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Haachamachamaaaa
    Also Gura and Astel are the true pro gamers

Charge Blade 4 life

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

it doesn't take long at all to get what you need to at least craft a decent version of whatever new weapon you want to try

lots of the very high end weapons need materials that have super low drop rates and can take a while to find, but you probably wouldn't bother with those unless you already know you like and are gonna stick with that weapon (and even within one weapon type, there are usually like a dozen viable high-end weapons and at least a few will usually be relatively easy/quick to make)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    This person has compiled a graphic all the main weapons of holo members playing MonHun

Fubuki knows what's up

Still, can't believe no one's repping my favorite: the bow

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Go Team Hololive!

Charge Blade 4 life

except i dunno if gura is locked into that, her first stream she was using an axe sword of some kind...tonight charge blade.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Haachamachamaaaa
    The thing with MonHun though is most people get really attached to the main weapon type they use, from what I've seen
    all the weapons have different combos and bespoke mechanics and playstyles, so it's a nontrivial effort to learn a new one ime

i just spent this weekend trying to pick up a new weapon in rise after well over a thousand hours in world and about 50 in rise and sucked terribly with it

a lot of vet players like luna can just pick up whatever and easily use it because there's a decent chance they used it at some point in the past

Elendil on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Stilts wrote: »

Fubuki knows what's up

Ina said she might use it during the collab tomorrow (assuming she hits whatever deadline she needs to hit and can make it) since Reine and Anya are bebe and they'll likely be doing low rank stuff.

Charge Blade 4 life

except i dunno if gura is locked into that, her first stream she was using an axe sword of some kind...tonight charge blade.

I didn't watch all of her first stream, but what you describe as "axe sword" is probably the charge blade, as it's a sword+shield that combines into an axe.

Opty on
    DUDE.

Botan is playing a test version of Diablo 2 Remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOaQ05t8BtM

Stilts wrote: »

Fubuki knows what's up

I believe Korone said she's using bow, but she isn't streaming the game cuz she's worried she sucks

edited April 2021
    Haachamachamaaaa

Master Skywalker, there are too many of them! What are we going to do?

shoeboxjeddy on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    all the weapons have different combos and bespoke mechanics and playstyles, so it's a nontrivial effort to learn a new one ime

i just spent this weekend trying to pick up a new weapon in rise after well over a thousand hours in world and about 50 in rise and sucked terribly with it

a lot of vet players like luna can just pick up whatever and easily use it because there's a decent chance they used it at some point in the past

A lot of us try to at least make an effort to not use the same weapon every game too, which leads into that. (Also, some monsters are just much easier with certain weapons)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited April 2021
    Go Team Hololive!
    nm. beaten to it.

azith28 on
This discussion has been closed.