As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i'm not even sure what a [movie] is

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Having heard his question in Spider-Verse, I feel like Nic Cage is extremely aware of everything he's doing.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I know I've seen Leaving Las Vegas, but I don't remember much about it. I think that's the only really "serious" role I've seen him in, and I think he won an Oscar for it (not that that actually means fuck-all). I think maybe I just prefer less serious bullshit movies, in general.

I've never seen Leaving Las Vegas, but for a long time I conflated it with Snake Eyes (which I had seen) and wondered how it was an award winner.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I always get Leaving Las Vegas confused with Honeymoon in Las Vegas.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Nic Cage might be one of my favorite human beings

He had a T-Rex skull for a little! but it was stolen property and he had to give it back :(

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I think rein it in might not be the ideal phrasing, because I don't really think Cage is 100% out of control 100% of the time

I would guess that he's an actor who comes to the set with a fully formed interpretation of the character he wants to play, and you need to either direct the hell out of him to get something else or work around what he's doing and make it fit with the rest of the movie

Yeah, that's a much better way of putting it

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Love the art but that's pretty bad.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    That's rad as hell. Look nothing was going to top the original so taking it in a more modern direction was a great choice.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    YaYa wrote: »

Hm

That song feels like it felt out of portal straight from the early to mid aughts

And not in a super fun way

e: oh no I just hit the dubstep section, okay, we’ve shifted timelines to the 2010s and it’s not any better

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dubstep actually made me more interested in the video, but the last chunk was too much dubstep.

ANd really, just use the original song. It's somehow timeless despite being the most 90's ass thing imaginable.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I mean yeah, they should have just cleaned up the original and used that, obviously

But if you’re gonna modernize it you gotta make it slap harder than this

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    There is no weight to this song, at all.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

I mean this in a good way: this would play at the gym to get people pumped.

I already did 100+ pushups today and that made me wanna do moooooore

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The original version was one of our warmup/stretching songs in school band, so this fits.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing the original plays at a bad ass climax in the movie and the new one plays over the final scene and or sequel hook.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    if you're a bad director, you make mandy

It's a bad film with some gorgeous visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI85F-rJQCM

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Starting Godzilla Kong Fightstravaganza 2021
    I'm already fully on the team of the scientists who are like "yeah we need to keep Godzilla from just fucking murking King Kong." Conservation is important!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bernie #1

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

That’s about as good as I expected it to be.

I don’t hate it.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I'm what's wrong with the fanbase, because this is fucking perfect.

This is what would be on the speakers in the modern/current version of Blade's bloodrave.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Sorce wrote: »
    I'm what's wrong with the fanbase, because this is fucking perfect.

This is what would be on the speakers in the modern/current version of Blade's bloodrave.

You can't top the Bloodbath song. You just can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBhKbF2xMA

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    A brief scene, from a movie:

Melissa McCarthy is on a date with Jason Bateman.

Jason Bateman has crab claws for arms.

They are in a restaurant. Bateman accidentally breaks a class, due to his crab claw hands. He gets aggitated, and the waiter arrives to defuse the situation, and asks if they're ready to order.

But oh no, he hasn't realized that Bateman has crab arms, and suggest a romantic share meal, consisting entirely of different types of crab claws. It's awkward, and the waiter leaves.

McCarthy gingerly asks about the incident that turned Bateman's arms into crab arms.

It turns out a radioactive crab bit him on the junk while he was skinny dipping.

McCarthy takes his claw hand, and starts rubbing butter on it. He looks down, asks what she's doing.

"Just buttering your knuckle", she replies, and winks at him.

End of scene.

Anyway, Netflix' Thunder Force isn't very good.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    A brief scene, from a movie:

Melissa McCarthy is on a date with Jason Bateman.

Jason Bateman has crab claws for arms.

They are in a restaurant. Bateman accidentally breaks a class, due to his crab claw hands. He gets aggitated, and the waiter arrives to defuse the situation, and asks if they're ready to order.

But oh no, he hasn't realized that Bateman has crab arms, and suggest a romantic share meal, consisting entirely of different types of crab claws. It's awkward, and the waiter leaves.

McCarthy gingerly asks about the incident that turned Bateman's arms into crab arms.

It turns out a radioactive crab bit him on the junk while he was skinny dipping.

McCarthy takes his claw hand, and starts rubbing butter on it. He looks down, asks what she's doing.

"Just buttering your knuckle", she replies, and winks at him.

End of scene.

Anyway, Netflix' Thunder Force isn't very good.

wow I assumed this was a forum bit (and a funny one at that)

reader

it is not

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Melissa McCarthy needs a new agent

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Melissa McCarthy needs a new agent

it was written and directed by her husband

• Options
    Melissa McCarthy needs a new husband

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Watched Thunder Force. All the bits between McCarthy and Bateman were fantastic, as was Bateman overall (no surprise there as he can quietly steal whatever scene he's in with ease). The movie was pretty uneven otherwise.

• Options
    3clips3 wrote: »

I know this is a joke but it is true. She's been in quite a few mediocre films he has directed, and since the budgets will probably be somewhat low, I assume she is doing them because he is her husband, but she's ultimately not doing herself any favours. But at the same time these shitty films are all being made through her production company co-founded WITH her husband, so maybe she isn't blinded by love and is just working at the Adam Sandler school of "pocket the inflated budget between her and her husband" and churn out some piece of crap that still trades on the name she made 10 years ago in Bridesmaids.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    3clips3 wrote: »

from what i've seen they seem pretty into each other and they're getting paid for it so i think she'd disagree

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Watched Thunder Force. All the bits between McCarthy and Bateman were fantastic, as was Bateman overall (no surprise there as he can quietly steal whatever scene he's in with ease). The movie was pretty uneven otherwise.

Yeah, I didn't like it overall, but all the Bateman bits are pretty good, from his first scene where he does a little sideways crab scuttle, to the pretty insane ending bit where (actual spoilers):
    He feeds McCarthy raw chicken from his little nub of a crab claw (previously in the movie he had his crab arms ripped off by the bad guy, so he's growing new pincers), and it ends on a shot of them Lady and the Tramp-style eating a strip of raw chicken, each just sucking on an end of it

Also, the spicy sex scene.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Melissa M. just seems to have fun working so good for her.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Ah so 6th Sense meets Drop Dead Fred

there's a world where that could work but yeah there's a much higher chance of bad

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    That was an episode of Supernatural.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    there were nine thousand episodes of supernatural I don't think you can hold it against anyone for ripping them off

• Options
    What 9000?!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    there were nine thousand episodes of supernatural I don't think you can hold it against anyone for ripping them off

I will hold anything against john krasinski I feel like!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Coinage wrote: »

This is not how I wanted a remake of 'The Frighteners' to play out

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If you were to watch 6 episodes of Supernatural a day it would only take you 54 days to finish it. That's not even 2 months!

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

this is just Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

This discussion has been closed.