As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So YouTube has me pegged for Diablo 2 Remaster hype

Anyway I found this series and thought anyone who played D2 on Battle.net would enjoy it

https://youtu.be/5ru-UM1nYJQ

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I finally bothered to fully level an LoD, so now I need to mooch some T6 for my wiz...

I’m still enjoying GoD a lot (it’s fun to push with and ridiculous for speeds!) but I’m also excited to catch up on orb, twister, hydra, and the new FB.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    I finally bothered to fully level an LoD, so now I need to mooch some T6 for my wiz...

I’m still enjoying GoD a lot (it’s fun to push with and ridiculous for speeds!) but I’m also excited to catch up on orb, twister, hydra, and the new FB.

So what you are saying is that we need to log in and run your alt. Gotcha.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited April 2021
    Pay attention to the Diablo Twitter these next few days. They tweeted a “dark trial” earlier saying the first 15 to name the rune word get an invite to the D2R alpha, and that more trials are coming.

I got one. :twisted:

Noggin on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Any of you playing this season of D3? I started a crusader to see the follower revamp

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Any of you playing this season of D3? I started a crusader to see the follower revamp

I am on Switch

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG

Yeah, but might be sporadic since I'm one GR from completing the season.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I’ve never completed a season. I mostly hadn’t played for awhile and got the bug to hop back in.

Made it to around 47 last night.

If Jerence is here thanks for getting me to 70.

Need to kill wardens and do GR20 for the final cache.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    If Jerence is here thanks for getting me to 70.

Need to kill wardens and do GR20 for the final cache.

np, man

Also woo, finished the season and have my weird catgirl thing

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Anyone seen D3 sales anywhere?
    My buddy has it on Switch and wants to play together, which I could buy if it goes on sale...or I can buy him the game on PC if it goes on sale since it's the best version!

I've owned the game since release, so I never know when it might be discounted since it hasn't ever mattered, so I don't know if I should be expecting anything coming up.

D3 is half off on the Switch eshop right now. All expansion/DLC stuff on PC is baked into the Switch version.

How does it play on the Switch? The idea of playing D3 on the shitter completely blows my mind but at the same time the attached controller mangles my hands and running a high-level rift with those controls might make them fall off

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Anyone seen D3 sales anywhere?
    My buddy has it on Switch and wants to play together, which I could buy if it goes on sale...or I can buy him the game on PC if it goes on sale since it's the best version!

I've owned the game since release, so I never know when it might be discounted since it hasn't ever mattered, so I don't know if I should be expecting anything coming up.

D3 is half off on the Switch eshop right now. All expansion/DLC stuff on PC is baked into the Switch version.

How does it play on the Switch? The idea of playing D3 on the shitter completely blows my mind but at the same time the attached controller mangles my hands and running a high-level rift with those controls might make them fall off

For me so far it is really fun. I'm getting the hang of it and the smaller screen compared to the PS4 version I used to play. Plus if you have two copies and two switches you can play local co-op which is so much more fun than playing on the same screen.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's been nice to dive back into a season when taking some downtime from Apex Legends (an obsession for the past year or so), and realized I've never actually gotten a Necromancer to 70, so whether or not it was the 'best' choice, I've gotten one up and am now fiddling around in Torment VI or so level rifts and whatnot.

On Hardcore, because yes for some reason in D3 I am 'that guy'.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    D3 is pretty great on Switch, though I did eventually get a Pro Controller for comfort

Also thanks to whoever mentioned the treasure goblin Amiibo, having a trip to the vault available every 18 hours is amazing and I am enjoying sharing that with the random PUGs

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I think today was pretty much just streamers? My understanding was the promo & random invites are in waves tomorrow.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    It's a Japanese stream but one of the Hololive girls, Botan, is test playing Diablo 2 Remastered. She literally just started as I'm writing this post, like Warriv said "Good day" while I was writing this post.

Edit - Oh she has the game in English, voice and text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOaQ05t8BtM

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dude, this game looks aesthetically fucking incredible. And they've even added some new environmental art here and there, just making the walls of caves less samey.

I can't tell if auto gold pickup is enabled by default or even present.

I also hope they have some accessibility options built in. I went through some mess tonight with a trackball mouse and this game is fucking hell for me to play. The less clicking possible, the better.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Going from mix and match Firebird and Typhon to 6pc Firebird and Squirt's is like strapping on rockets. I was able to move up to T10 Neph Rifts because Disintegrate was one killing elites and rift bosses in an eyeblink at T6 and T8.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    It oddly reminds me more of like Baldur's Gate with super smooth animation. Its a bit more organic than the tileset feel of the original and also more zoomed out like BG.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah the new firebird's seems super fun; I'm not super in love with the mirror image version of it but even the basic disintegrate+builder+whatever builds i've been messing around with slap

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Is Warriv voiced by the same dude who did Uther? I never put it together until now. Honestly, though, I mostly know Uther from HotS.

Apparently yes, according to the wiki:
    Warriv and the Necromancer are both voiced by Michael McConnohie, who is also known for his 'roles' as Kel'Thuzad and Uther the Lightbringer in the Warcraft series.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I have to admit, i had zero interest in D2R. My attitude was, i want something new. I played it to death more than a decade ago.

But after watching streams, i wants it. I could see playing it a lot.

Al_wat on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    WOOOOOOOOOT

EDIT: Is anyone allowed to stream? I don't see anything on the rules about that.

EDIT2: Nice, seems like there is no NDA, I'll throw up a stream later tonight, around 10pm ET

Dixon on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm a technical alpha guy, but sadly won't be home tonight.

I’ve got the alpha downloaded. Will mess around with it tonight

@Nobody we should play. My crusader moved into T10 after getting Golden Flense for sweep attack build

• breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular
    so my DH so far has been decent, only able to play a little bit at atime, my internet is still shaky. had a hell of a time figuring out the kunai cube strategy. all the guides talk about upgrading a lvl70 rare to legendary, but they don't really mention the point is to get the legendary ability to help level. once I got that figure out, my power level went kinda crazy. just screwing around with strafe as I level because I found the legendary hand xbow that gives strafe pierce.

I did end up with a wicked polearm for leveling, so might do a monk eventually.

still fun, just a chill game to play and run rifts.

Played up to blood raven on an Amazon so far.

Controller support is pretty nice! You can set a dedicated loot button and map things to combos like trigger+?.

The music hits the nostalgia hard.

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Is transitioning between input modes seamless?

IE: Can I murder demons with the controller, then move to mouse when I want to manipulate my inventory, then back to murder with the pad?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Nobody we should play. My crusader moved into T10 after getting Golden Flense for sweep attack build

Feel free to hit me up if you see me in game

Nobody on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Game looks great, and every little sound effect triggers so much nostalgia.

I'm just sad I can't play Nec yet. I've rolled a Sorc but that early game mana drought is real.

HexDex wrote: »
    Is transitioning between input modes seamless?

IE: Can I murder demons with the controller, then move to mouse when I want to manipulate my inventory, then back to murder with the pad?

Yes-ish. You can alternate without needing to go into settings ( you just click/tap on the opposite ) but there was a bit of lag in between, like a reload. Could easily just be an alpha thing?

I still only played amazon so far, but can say controller felt especially good at range.

To add to that, I played almost entirely with the controller this morning while using a spear on the Amazon. Turns out melee also feels pretty good on it.

The joystick movement is great for trying to avoid projectiles, and there’s some degree of aim assist going on with a monster nameplate. Champs and uniques have a special plate that looks cool.

Golden Flense finally dropped for me but it's too late - I've discovered the joy of the Aegis of Valor set

Death Laser Crusader goes pew pew pew

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular
    D2R looks great. I'm a huge fan of the zoom function, and also the ability to go back to legacy mode if you really want to.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man, I wish they'd put a zoom function in D3 :rotate:

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited April 2021
    Got a zon to level 6 and rescued Cain so far. I’m liking the new animations.

Will test it out with controller later

Feldorn on
This discussion has been closed.