As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My old boss was the showrunner on Leverage, and he is absolutely steamed about how hard he has to try to make villains look sophisticated and smart when in reality they're paying underage sex workers via public venmo, using government credit cards

Pretty off topic but please tell your old boss that I love him for Leverage, one of my all time favorite shows, and that after the last five-ish years I don't look at any of those villains or stories as farfetched anymore.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hey stealth politics chat, Squirtle is trending on Twitter and it's the funniest fucking thing on the planet right now. I can't share any of the relevant tweets because this is a 13+ forum but I promise it is really incredibly worth it.

Like, conservatives trying to use the fact that sex exists as a blunt instrument while also just being a really funny picture of hunter biden in a compromised...position.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    ...the Squirtle Squad never trained for this

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Hey stealth politics chat, Squirtle is trending on Twitter and it's the funniest fucking thing on the planet right now. I can't share any of the relevant tweets because this is a 13+ forum but I promise it is really incredibly worth it.

Like, conservatives trying to use the fact that sex exists as a blunt instrument while also just being a really funny picture of hunter biden in a compromised...position.

I have now looked this up and jesus what a boring thing for them to get fake outraged over.

• Options
    3clips3 wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »

I have now looked this up and jesus what a boring thing for them to get fake outraged over.

everything about it is so funny to me. that anyone could even pretend to be outraged by it, the decor of the room, the dog just chilling on the bed, the knowing smile of squirtle, the bed sheets used as curtains.

it's just such a dense snapshot

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I assume the reason people are able to be more openly insulting towards Thatcher over Reagan has at least a little to do with how Thatcher was a woman wielding power as opposed to Reagan who was a man. They both deserve the derision, mind you, people just can't get on a powerful man for being forceful and ruthless, because that's seen as a positive trait in white men. In women it makes them an angry, miserable bitch. With Reagan people feel like they have to cite political reasons to hate him so they either stay out of it or skip straight to ableism about his obvious dementia.

While that is no doubt true, I think it could also come down to the concentration, so to speak, of Thatcher's effect. Her policies made a lot of money for Londoners, while completely destroying the economies of Scotland and the north of England.

Reagan's hate is more spread out and so has to live with pushback. If you opine "Fuck Thatcher" up north everyone just nods. So it snowballs, and you don't even think about the possibility that morons might disagree, which emboldens you to casually say it whenever, wherever.

I think it also helps that reagan had a very aw shucks friendly dad persona that shrouded his cruelty

he was the tom hanks of violent fascists

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The only shitty thing about Thatcher, Reagan, and Limbaugh being dead is that they can't die again

I'm reminded of one of my favorite fantasy series, The Elenium by David and Leigh Eddings. The character Sparhawk comes in possession of the Bhelloim, a magic jewel with near God like powers and Sparhawk asks Vanion, the leader of his knightly order, if the stone could resurrect a disgraced member of their order:

"I'm not sure, why do you ask?"

"If its possible, and with a little encouragement, I could make repeatedly killing Martel in new and interesting ways my life's work."

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    mmmm Eddings

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    KalTorak wrote: »
    mmmm Eddings

Based on your forum handle, I assume you're a King and God of taste and distinction.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I have a bit of a soft spot for the Sparhawk series over the Belgariad and Mallorean just because it tends to get forgotten against the latter.

I read the Belgariad first and that was probably the right order since I was much younger at the time, but Sparhawk, Kalten and co had great chemistry.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    reagan has actually died twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aatywZ4EMxc

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Didn't Thatcher have one really unpopular thing, some sort of Poll Tax, that was the straw that broke the camel's back, and started her to become universally unpopular? Note: I only have a passing knowledge of Thatcher.

While Reagan just served out two terms and left with his image in relatively good shape....which let him have a longer lasting popular following.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    reagan has actually died twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aatywZ4EMxc

This whole section of the game was absolutely great.

Though, I think everybody failed it the first go round when you realized you could like, stomp Hitler's head in.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Didn't Thatcher have one really unpopular thing, some sort of Poll Tax, that was the straw that broke the camel's back, and started her to become universally unpopular? Note: I only have a passing knowledge of Thatcher.

While Reagan just served out two terms and left with his image in relatively good shape....which let him have a longer lasting popular following.

Nah, Mags is still a fuckin' hero to the Tories. To the extent that a plot point in an episode of Sherlock revolved around folks having busts of her. Like as a decoration in their home. On display.

(And five of these busts had been smashed by intruders, lol get fucked Maggie)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

Nah, Mags is still a fuckin' hero to the Tories. To the extent that a plot point in an episode of Sherlock revolved around folks having busts of her. Like as a decoration in their home. On display.

(And five of these busts had been smashed by intruders, lol get fucked Maggie)

Oh, the case of the five Napoleons.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Hunter Biden's presidency is finished

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Somebody fill me in here was this Hunter Biden threesome legit and consensual and the only reason the right is freaking out is because it's Hunter Biden and also sex?

Cause uh... high five, my dude?

• Options
    Hunter Biden has legitimately had a bunch of legal but shady stuff where he has grifted on his dad's name along with his uncle but as long as the threesome was before he married his brother's widow I don't see the problem with it.

No more failing upward as the scion of a political family than any number of others. I have more issues with his dad in general and his brother refusing charges against the son of a incredibly wealthy family raping his daughter than Hunter fucking his life up.

Which isn't to say that the Burisma stuff should be acceptable, he clearly wouldn't be on that board if he had a different surname.

• Options
    I honestly ain't know shit about Hunter Biden.

I straight up didn't even know Joe Biden had another kid until the election and everybody started yelling about him for like, those two weeks.

Alls I'm seeing at first glance here is a dude pissing off Conservatives by gettin freaky, which, hell yeah sign me up I'll take one for the team. Or two. Three if I must.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Hunter Biden has legitimately had a bunch of legal but shady stuff where he has grifted on his dad's name along with his uncle but as long as the threesome was before he married his brother's widow I don't see the problem with it.

No more failing upward as the scion of a political family than any number of others. I have more issues with his dad in general and his brother refusing charges against the son of a incredibly wealthy family raping his daughter than Hunter fucking his life up.

Which isn't to say that the Burisma stuff should be acceptable, he clearly wouldn't be on that board if he had a different surname.

Yeah it clearly isn't acceptable, but the right wing attacking Biden for that, after 4 years of the Trump family's mega grift with their Daddy's Name wherever they could is very rich

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I honestly ain't know shit about Hunter Biden.

I straight up didn't even know Joe Biden had another kid until the election and everybody started yelling about him for like, those two weeks.

Alls I'm seeing at first glance here is a dude pissing off Conservatives by gettin freaky, which, hell yeah sign me up I'll take one for the team. Or two. Three if I must.

he apparently just released a biographic book talking about his past, and that past involves a real deep fall through hard drugs, so that's probably the reason. and some laptop of his was stolen some time ago, and the photos leaked to a bannon-related website recently, it seems

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s son Hunter details his lifelong struggle with alcoholism and drug abuse in a new memoir, writing that “in the last five years alone, my two-decades-long marriage has dissolved, guns have been put in my face, and at one point I dropped clean off the grid, living in $59-a-night Super 8 motels off I-95 while scaring my family even more than myself.”

His “deep descent” into substance addiction followed the 2015 death of his older brother, Beau, who succumbed to brain cancer at age 46, Hunter Biden writes in “Beautiful Things.” The book is set for release on Tuesday.

“After Beau died, I never felt more alone. I lost hope,” he wrote.

He credits his second wife, Melissa Cohen Biden, with helping him sober up, along with the love from his father and late brother.
    Before meeting his future wife in California, Hunter Biden cycled through addiction, rehab and sobriety all while managing to have a family and career as a lawyer and lobbyist. His family tried to intervene sometime in 2019 after his mother, Jill Biden, called and invited him to a family dinner in Delaware.

But Hunter Biden sensed that more than a hot meal was on table after he saw his three daughters and two counselors from a Pennsylvania rehab center where he’d been a patient when he arrived.

He swore at his father and bolted from the house, but was chased down the driveway by Joe Biden, who “grabbed me, swung me around, and hugged me. He held me tight in the dark and cried for the longest time. Everybody was outside now.”

To end the scene, Hunter Biden agreed to check into a facility in Maryland. He was driven there by Beau’s widow, Hallie, with whom he’d had a relationship. After she dropped him off, Hunter Biden writes, he called an Uber, told the staff he’d return in the morning and then checked into a hotel near Baltimore’s airport.

“For the next two days, while everybody who’d been at my parents’ house thought I was safe and sound at the center, I sat in my room and smoked the crack I’d tucked away in my traveling bag,” he wrote. “I then boarded a plane for California and ran and ran and ran. Until I met Melissa.”

Man
    Hunter Biden, now 51, also writes about thinking he had developed a superpower — “the ability to find crack in any town, at any time, no matter how unfamiliar the terrain,” and about once having a gun thrust in his face when he embarked on such a hunt during five months of self-exile in Los Angeles.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Here's a summary of the shitty things thatcher did

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    oh hey

tweet text: Haiiii! Bwitain's Pwince Phiwip haz died aged 99, Buckingham Pawace sez >_<

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-royals-philip/britains-prince-philip-has-died-idUSKBN2BW1E6

BBCBweaking is a twitter that copies bbc tweets and then rewrites them to be like that

i thought it was kinda funny, especially because prince phillip is dead

Lalabox on
  • Options
    if he'd made it to 100, he'd have got a letter from his wife

• Options
    Rest in piss!

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    It's the end of era I think.

99 years is a very good run, and there comes a point where death is a kindness rather than lingering on - even for those as well looked after as the royals.

It's good he went peacefully at home, at least

• Options
    3gz5ee2r03d0.png

the prophecy is fulfilled

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Can't believe Prince Philip finally came clean about being dead.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I wonder what casually racist remark he said on his deathbed.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Weird that the party of Dead Piece of Shit Rush Limbaugh would have a problem with a consentual sexual encounter, truly bizarre

xq3zvmbohotz.jpg

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    It's remarkable how in just a couple of words he shifts from chastising perceived sexual depravity to rape apologetics.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    holy shiiiiiiiittttt

• Options

Given how he's been looking the last year they really missed an opportunity for some weekend at Bernie's shenanigans

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    101 wrote: »

Given how he's been looking the last year they really missed an opportunity for some weekend at Bernie's shenanigans

Or did they?

• Options
    Boy, it sure is a good thing that guy is dead I mean absolutely dead as fuck.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Weird that the party of Dead Piece of Shit Rush Limbaugh would have a problem with a consentual sexual encounter, truly bizarre

xq3zvmbohotz.jpg

By rape police he means actual police right....who will likely slow walk or ignore it, which leads most victims to not even report anything....

• Options
    Was it prince phillip or one of his sons or grandsons who were frequent Epstein associates, almost certainly raping child sex slaves?

• Options
    That's prince Andrew, second son of the Queen and Philipp

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Could be even more, Andrew might have been the only one thick enough to create paper and picture trails

This discussion has been closed.