As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Ooh, Pac-Man 99 store page says it as in-app purchases.

That could be dangerous.

All the DLC is at the bottom of the page. It's basically all custom themes for $1,99 (Galaga look, Dig-Dug look, etc) and a bundle of offlline modes for $14.99 (vs Cpu, password mode, score attack, etc).

You can also get everything in one bundle for $29.99. It includes all 20 themes and the offline modes.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Hasn't pac man always had in-app purchases?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Ooh, Pac-Man 99 store page says it as in-app purchases.

That could be dangerous.

It was mentioned in the trailer what the paid DLC would be.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm just surprised that E3 still is.

Sony's skipping it again, so who knows.

Sony's skipped multiple E3's (2019 and 2020), they're not the make or break thing.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm just surprised that E3 still is.

Sony's skipping it again, so who knows.

Son'y skipped multiple E3's (2019 and 2020), they're not the make or break thing.

I think they saw cost of doing it compared to what nintendo does with a direct instead

• Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    As suspected, I still suck at Pac Man. I miss Mario 35. I played it everyday it existed. Every morning: Animal Crossing rounds followed by doing the daily challenges in Mario 35.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    Borderlands 3: Director's Cut may be coming to Switch. It's been given a PEGI rating in Europe.

https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=Borderlands+3:+Director's+Cut

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Director's Cut is just a DLC, it's not a new version of the game. It adds some new story missions, a season/battle pass system, a new raid boss, and new gear

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Director's Cut is just a DLC, it's not a new version of the game. It adds some new story missions, a season/battle pass system, a new raid boss, and new gear

Oh wait, I just now realized that BL3 isn't on Switch at all lmfao, whoops

So this is probably the game with both season passes/all the DLC

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    dig dug theme is the definitive way to play pac man.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    There appear to be monster hunter pro controllers in stock at Amazon.

I have one of the Xenoblade ones. At one point it seemed to be valuable/collectible but I'm not sure. If I can sell it for break even on buying MonHun instead, I'd like to do that. Anyone able to help me decipher whether it's worth above MSRP without the box?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Ooh, I would be interested in that

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVYX1FLMGQ

NEO TWEWY releases July 27th

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Rofl. Ugh.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Started playing Cozy Grove and I really like it! It is basically a more directed Animal Crossing; the focus is on quests from NPCs. The premise is you're a scout on a haunted island and you are helping various ghosts be happy. Has a neat hand drawn graphical style and one of the gimmicks is most of the island is colorless until you light it with your campfire, whose light range expands the more you help people. It's designed to be played in smaller sessions daily, one review said the missions generally take 20-30 minutes and that feels about right. You can spend more time than that just scavenging material if you want but it's def not as huge a time sink as AC can be. The real test is if I stick with it but so far having a great time.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

What the hell is NEO TWEWY?!?!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Neo The World Ends With You.

Sequel to The World Ends With You, on the DS.

• Options

That's exactly what someone would say if they were trying to keep it a secret. Nice play 2K.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

It's the sequel to The World Ends With You (TWENY for short). Odd that they didn't spell out the whole name though, since Neo TWENY is a weird name.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It's the sequel to The World Ends With You (TWENY for short). Odd that they didn't spell out the whole name though, since Neo TWENY is a weird name.

I mean, this is a world where something called DOTA is a major, expanding franchise, so what the hell.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    That looks fucking amazing though. I need to replay the original before it comes out.

It still has that TWEWY feel going on while also looking mighty fresh. So I am completely on board.

I'm glad that game gets a legit sequel. TWEWY is still one of my personal top 5 of all time, at least.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

I mean, this is a world where something called DOTA is a major, expanding franchise, so what the hell.

TWEWY could have been a major expanding franchise if SE didn't abandon it for 13 years...

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    LOL is the expanding franchise. DOTA just whiffed with Artifact and its not clear they really have anywhere further to go.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    It does have an anime though

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Funny thing is that TWEWY had an acronym used in-game in the first game. But it was “WEWY”, no T.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular

I'm sure you regret this error but hindsight is TWENY TWENY.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

I'm sure you regret this error but hindsight is TWENY TWENY.

There are days where the lack of some sort of boo button is truly felt.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    well, if you watch the trailer it says the name of the game is NEO The World Ends With You, and the previous game is a pretty popular cult hit among folks who like JRPGs and Nintendo fans, so I figured I was safe to use the common acronym for the series.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I have successfully completed Balan Wonderworld so that none of you have to.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

I feel like we owe you a drink.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

So we talking seven outta ten, or do we need the forbidden numbers?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I give it a soft 6

The character design and animations on Balan are great and he's such a good character but the game plays and feels like it belongs in the past. Like if Balan Wonderworld had come out 10-15 years ago it would have done a lot better.

As it stands right now though it's just so.. empty

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Balan is a good character?

Does anything change throughout the game or does he really only show up when you find him tucked away somewhere and he kicks some rocks for no reason?

I've seen multiple reviews where they say, yeah Balan has a cool design, it's a shame he's practically not in the game at all and you have to play as doofy kids instead.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I feel like we owe you a drink.

Alcohol is what leads to bad decisions like buying Balan Wonderworld. Or making Balan Wonderworld.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Finally played through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 story and I just have one PSA: it is in fact OK to start out with Torna before the main game. I did this and there were a few points of confusion, but Torna also really holds back on spoiling a number of things in the main game, and you also have the fact that XC2 briefly references things that are only fleshed out in Torna. It doesn't work in every case but I think Monolith struck a compromise to appeal to both newcomers and veterans and IMO story-wise its kind of a wash which you start with.

On the other Hand I found Torna a far more forgiving/easy game than XC2 which was kicking my butt early on. Lots of mechanics thrown at me faster than I could understand them but none of the foes were really challenging enough to make that a problem. Of course the game shoving campsites in your face to encourage you to use up bonus XP probably has something to do with it. You also have hardly any buildcraft or gatcha to worry about with your party loadout mostly fixed, so you can just keep plowing through the game without having to stop and think too much. It's also not an absurdly sprawling game so maybe less intimidating on that front. There's a lot to be said for starting with Torna if you'd rather be eased into the franchise or just want to try something smaller before committing to the far bigger XC2.

• Options
    Balan pops up mainly in the after chapter cutscenes where it drops story bits (I use this term very loosely there is like 5 lines if dialog in this entire game.)

His design is the best part about him along with his mannerisms i have a soft spot for Balan's archtype which seems to be benevolent trickster.

Apparently there was a novel tie in for the game that explains a lot of the story.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I'm curious how you found the ending of Torna
    Without playing the original it seems like a few points would be a bit confusing. Namely Pyra showing up, Lora's implied but not shown death and generally how much of a downer it has to be considering what it leads into

It's been awhile so I might be forgetting details to be fair. Other than that I agree Torna's a much better entry point.

Road Block on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    As someone who also played Torna before XC2:

I cried.

Like, only a little. But the climax of Torna actually made me tear up, and it remains one of the only things (game/show/movie) to make me do that.
    Referring to Hugo/Brighid/Aegaeon dying and things hitting home with Mythra. The "post-climax" stuff was a bit of a further bummer, and in retrospect I didn't understand what it was showing.

Pyra wasn't confusing for me, though. It's pretty clear that Mythra had a psychotic break, and had resultingly had a new personality emerge. From the nature of Blades, it's not a big leap that she looked different.

As a result, however, when playing the main game I had that lingering knowledge that Pyra wasn't the "real" one. I've seen the majority of people say that when it came time to choose to refer to Pneuma as either Pyra of Mythra, the former is overwhelmingly picked. But for me it was no question: she's Mythra, and I assume that's down to playing Torna first.

//

The only big moment of confusion I had during the story was when Nuncle shows up, as Azurda is jarringly different than every other Titan presented in the game to that point. (Like, as introduced in Torna, it was shocking to me that Titans could be sapient.) I imagine this isn't an issue for people who start with XC2, as Gramps is the first Titan you meet.

When playing XC2 though, I did have multiple moments of "oh, that doesn't really match up at all" whenever someone talked about the Aegis War. (And not in an "obscured by history and evolving myths" way.)

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I tried to just say a few things for people who haven't played XC2 at all yet, but IF YOU INSIST (super endgame spoilers)
    The only thing that actually had me feel confused at finishing Torna was everything relating to Amalthus. It was hard to follow why he was important and what kind of backroom things he was talking about with regard to Malos and the Aegis containing all genetic code and what not, stuff that isn't explained until late in XC2.

You're right that the Torna doesn't make clear Lora's death or wtf Jin is doing afterward or why Pyra was there (although I did get the implication that this was Mythra in another form and was probably her way of handling her PTSD), but it didn't leave me unsatisfied because I was right at the end of Torna and figured it would eventually be explained in XC2. And so it was! That does weaken it as a standalone but as part of a continuing story these elements were actually good hooks.

Finally yeah Torna's ending hits very hard, but I thought that was very good. One of the best game endings that I've seen in quite a while. And even though Amalthus gets away with everything, again that just serves as a hook leading into XC2. The main downside is that I think Torna landed its finale and epic battle so extremely well, that the final parts of XC2 felt like a letdown! Spamming chain attacks on Malos to initiate swooping mech space battles was just far more exciting than slashing the air in front of a mech confined to a hangar. Don't need to relitigate XC2's ending but it also fell kind of flat for me, even XC1 definitive did much better in this regard I thought.

rahkeesh2000 on