As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Computer Game Identification (Solved)

EvilMuffinEvilMuffin Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I am trying to remember the name of a game I played ages ago at a friends house all the time. This would have been around the year 1999 I beleive. It was a space turn based stratagy game, there were several alien races each with there own style of ships and bases to build. Research was done based on turns and time and I even remember that one of the alien races special ability was to finish any research in one turn or one day. If anyone can remember what this game was called I would really appreciate it.

EvilMuffin on

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    EvilMuffin wrote: »
    I am trying to remember the name of a game I played ages ago at a friends house all the time. This would have been around the year 1999 I beleive. It was a space turn based stratagy game, there were several alien races each with there own style of ships and bases to build. Research was done based on turns and time and I even remember that one of the alien races special ability was to finish any research in one turn or one day. If anyone can remember what this game was called I would really appreciate it.

um.... Starcraft?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    No, starcraft is real time strategy, this was more turn based.

EvilMuffin on
  • Options
    gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Masters of Orion?

Galactic Civilizations?

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Neither of those either I am afraid.

EvilMuffin on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ascendancy?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Was it based on like a planet, and you build bases and troops and whatnot there (i.e. like starcraft but turn based) or was it based in space, and you build ships and colonize planets and such?

I was thinking maybe Space Empires (probably III since you said 1999).

In any case... here's a giant list of turn-based strategy computer games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_strategy_video_games#Turn-based_strategy_wargames

Daenris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Thank you so much. The game turned out to be Ascendancy.

EvilMuffin on