As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    Reagan was a terrible person to lead the country. His policies were terrible, his actions were terrible, his attitudes and beliefs were terrible.

There's an apocryphal story about Reagan near the end of his life. Alzheimers was in full swing and he'd be at his calmest and most lucid cleaning leaves out of the pool so his secret service detail would keep dropping leaves in the water for him to scoop out.

Alzheimers is already one of my biggest fears. Fuck the disease even more for making me empathize with Reagan and his family.

I have my doubts Reagan's second term would have survived the 24-hour news era let alone social media. His status was this weird open secret that Washington just kind of rolled with but the public didn't understand at all.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    whaaaaaat is that?

The prince consort is the guy that the queen fucks

Unless your name is Sophie Friederike Auguste von Anhallt-Zerbst-Dornburg (god, I hope I spelled all of that right), than it's the majority of the officer corps of the Cossack cavalry.

good for her

you git sum gurrl

Catherine's requirements were about as rigid as the Swiss Guard. At least 6 feet tall, preferably minor nobility but low born men of talent were acceptable, high degree of stamina, and she typically had 2 particular ladies-in-waiting take them for test rides and waited for a review like Consumer Reports.

When she died at 67 2 of her known paramours at the time were under 25. The horse thing is complete bullshit though, standard smear campaign by the members of the Russian court she pissed off.

daaaaaaaaaaamn

She knew she was a woman trying to make it in a man's world, when it came to politics and handling the boyars she was basically Bismarck in petticoats. After being married to Peter III for awhile, they still hadn't consumated (most likely due to a congenital condition that made getting it up incredibly painful for him) and some of her friends at court mentioned that Peter had been chatting with the Metropolitan of Moscow about annuling the marriage and marrying a good Slavic girl and not the German princess that may have not completely abandoned Lutheranism for Russian Orthodox.

Learning this, she proceeded to get both herself and Peter wasted and took him to the royal bedchamber with a couple of witnesses (not an uncommon occurrence for nobility when marriage legalities became an issue) and nipped that in the bud.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    i do want to emphasize that ronald reagan is also in hell

I knew I had this somewhere.

VjFSlsq.jpg

Our good neighbor policy for Central/South America sometimes pays us back in spades

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i like this woman

i like her a lot

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Thank you I'll be here all week.

Or until I'm kicked off the forum for being leftist.

I think you only get kicked off the forums if you're being "threatening to public officials", whatever that means.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Detroit Metal City - Fuckingham Palace [3:20]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrUuKehpGuQ

I see this and raise you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1skQ7UQfgEs

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'd never seen that Killer Mike video, and therefore never heard that Reagan quote where he says that his heart tells him that the US never traded guns for hostages but that the facts say otherwise, and that's the most perfect public summary of modern Republican politics that I've ever heard and I'm a little shook.

Also I saw someone post, unironically, that Prince Phillip had "dedicated his life to public service" and that it was a shame that he's dead and I think I had a teeny tiny aneurism.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I feel like modern republicanism would say “fake news” and still deny the facts, but ignoring facts to go with heart is definitely where their voters are

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    i like this woman

i like her a lot

Like with any 18th century ruler, there were some definite bad with the good. She reinstituted certain privileges to the boyars when it came to the treatment of serfs (i.e. denied them the 2 week holiday at harvest time when they could look for another landlord or job) and she treated a lot of the subject peoples in the central Asian steppes about on par with the British Raj in India.

Fascinating gal overall though. Her and Eleanor of Aquitaine are my favorite ladies in medieval and early modern times when it comes to telling the patriarchy of their age to get fucked.

Honorable mention to Maria Theresa of Austria (only female Hapsburg to rule in her own name).

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    black twitter is currently exploding with posts about mcdonalds sprite being what got phillip, so much so that mcdonalds sprite is now trending with the sub-topic of 'he died'

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    black twitter is currently exploding with posts about mcdonalds sprite being what got phillip, so much so that mcdonalds sprite is now trending with the sub-topic of 'he died'

This is part of, or I guess I should say culmination of, an ongoing joke about things spicy enough to kill Phil, including a single unsalted french fry, a photograph of curry, or a mixed-race couple.

I Zimbra on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I feel like modern republicanism would say “fake news” and still deny the facts, but ignoring facts to go with heart is definitely where their voters are

Damn your eyes and ears and listen to your racist, short sighted, self interested little heart

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

This part of, or I guess I should say culmination of, an ongoing joke about things spicy enough to kill Phil, including a single unsalted french fry, a photograph of curry, or a mixed-race couple.

ahhhhh okay

hehehehehe

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hot take: School spirit and Local Sports Team fandom are tutorial levels for nationalism.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Detroit Metal City - Fuckingham Palace [3:20]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrUuKehpGuQ

I see this and raise you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1skQ7UQfgEs

Fun fact, this was originally going to be a Jack and Diane parody.

BLM - ACAB
    The Geek wrote: »
    Jack and Diane

You mean the fingerbang National Anthem?

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Jack and Diane

omg

Jack and Diane

What?

BLM - ACAB
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    edit: what what, in the butt

3cl1ps3 on
    Jack and Diane

What?

Suckin' on chilli dog outside the Tastee Freez
    Diane sitting on Jacky's lap
    Got his hands between her knees

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited April 2021
    Jack and Diane

What?

Suckin' on chilli dog outside the Tastee Freez
    Diane sitting on Jacky's lap
    Got his hands between her knees

oh please he was just cold

he just had a tastee freez!

Magic Pink on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Damn now I want a chili dog and a fingerbang.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    why even bother with euphemism at that point

nobody sucks on chili dogs

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's always a good time for a chili dog and a fingerbang.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Damn now I want a chili dog and a fingerbang.

door's open, chili dog's in the slow cooker

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »

it's posts like this when oglaf face really shines

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    damn it's tru....we always lose the good too young :(

liEt3nH.png
    KalTorak wrote: »

Cougar lacked the confidence of Robert Plant to just flat out say he's going to give every inch of his love.

~ Buckaroo Banzai

Cougar lacked the confidence of Robert Plant to just flat out say he's going to give every inch of his love.

all five?!

all five?!

five is average ok

also it was cold

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    to be clear prince philip is also in hell

liEt3nH.png

his body is in the british museum with other looted greek relics

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Because of course it had to be Alaska, Rep. Don Young apparently held the Speaker of the House, John Boehner, at knifepoint because he was pissed about Boehner going after earmarks.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

his body is in the british museum with other looted greek relics

*golf clap*

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Because of course it had to be Alaska, Rep. Don Young apparently held the Speaker of the House, John Boehner, at knifepoint because he was pissed about Boehner going after earmarks.

When was this?

BahamutZERO.gif
    3clips3 wrote: »

fc9.gif

BLM - ACAB
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    also it was cold

What'd you do, stick it in your tasteefreez?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

When was this?

Article didn't say but I"d assume 2011 since that's when House Republicans implemented an earmark ban.

EDIT: Article (well, it's a video)
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/04/08/john-boehner-book-gop-todd-pkg-tsr-vpx.cnn

Undead Scottsman on
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    More than finger banging happens in that song. Right after Jack has his hand between Diane's knees they go behind the shade tree:

Jack he says
    "Hey, Diane, let's run off behind a shady tree
    Dribble off those Bobby Brooks
    Let me do what I please"

edit: Oh, and there's the bit about Diane's first time being in the backseat of Jack's car.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

Ever since Palin I have been slightly reluctant to tell people here where I'm from. Just the questions that follow are exhausting.

Stop voting in the crazies, home! Please!

This discussion has been closed.