As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Among Us] One marination, under sus.

1234568»

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Looking for some extra people to play Among Us with my friends. Jump in the PA Discord if you wanna join in the fun!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm watching Toast's most recent video and they've been trying out some mods. The new one I saw was changing the Comms sabotage. Once sabotaged, the player's colors all gradually turn to gray and their names are removed.

That seems really cool and makes Comms actually far more useable. Still probably not as good as lights, but definitely an upgrade.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Eh, comms is pretty powerful as it is. Though that does open up screwing over stackers, save I'm all for that.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Eh, comms is pretty powerful as it is. Though that does open up screwing over stackers, save I'm all for that.

Is Comms powerful? I ask because I haven't played much, but turning off tasks and disabling equipment (cams, admin, etc) doesn't seem all that strong compared to turning off lights or splitting crew members.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Is Comms powerful? I ask because I haven't played much, but turning off tasks and disabling equipment (cams, admin, etc) doesn't seem all that strong compared to turning off lights or splitting crew members.

You can't do some important things with Comms down. Like emergency meetings.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Oh wait, yes I did.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

I thought that was true of all the sabotages. Is that not the case?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

I thought that was true of all the sabotages. Is that not the case?

It's true.

Comms also turns off the admin table and cameras. On Mira it wipes the crew logs, and polus it disables the life signs.

Against groups that are super active on using the admin table or cameras, it's a very strong trick.

Or put another way: the worse your crew is at paying attention, the worse comms is. The better they are, the better comms is.

---

Personally I want to see the jester role integrated into the game. The free for all imposter (multiple imposters, they're all on their own team and can kill each other) is another good one.

I'd hard pass on the detective or sheriff roles - at skilled levels of play the game already favors the crew. It's much more interesting to my mind when there's a soft imposter bias

(This part of why I like .25 crew vision, 2/3/5 tasks and 1.25 move speed)

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, the effectiveness of a good comms sabotage depends entirely on your lobby. I've had some incredibly potent comms calls against lobbies where people were camping vitals/cams all game and there was too much traffic to get a clean kill on them. It's also a really good surprise opening sabotage on Polus when people in your lobby like to jump onto cams straightaway or be near the lights panel immediately after leaving dropship.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://innersloth.itch.io/among-us/devlog/232933/-march-31-the-airship-releases

Airship finally drops on the 31st alongside the account system and free hats

• Options
    Oh boy! I hope they add extra roles down the line. A lot of mods online seem pretty cool.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Oh boy! I hope they add extra roles down the line. A lot of mods online seem pretty cool.

The mod situation has been pissing me off.

The main mods that are getting used, the Ottomated ones, are so far limited to a pretty tightknit crew of Streamers. and if you want to get in on that, the buy in to geting your own copy is... 10k. Or something about that extreme, i'm having to go by second hand sources because the actual post on selling them is locked behind a paetron subscription. He's got another post on it, which thingsh ave changed... but it's still locked behind a paetron subscription so

Which like, i get the guy needs to make money, developing is not free. But the profiting off someone else's work in the first place is... squiffy to me, and honestly, i really hate the implicit elitism of "Not a famous streamer/dont have the money to throw around? no mods for you!".

Frustrating because i'd 110% be more interested in playing with the Snitch/Morphling/Jester/Sherrif/Phantom rolls added to the game. They're good stuff, and good game design!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    More mods from Toast's videos:

The Lovers: To win as Lover you and your partner must survive together to the top 3. But if one in the couple dies, both players die. For extra laughs, an Imposter can be a Lover meaning they have to keep their partner alive from the other Imposter.
    The Camoulager: The Camouflager Iimpostor can turn everyone into the gray color, like the Comms sabotage.

https://youtu.be/Z0oALx7anAQ

I hope that the devs incorporate some of these mods into the base game one day.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    The mod pack he is using in those videos is now publicly updated for the Airship update (Town of Us), It also has added quite a lot including the morphling impostor.

If anyone is interested in playing we have a group going most Tuesday and Friday nights, Starting around 7:30 - 8:00 PT (10:30-11:00 ET). Mostly PA people but on a smaller discord server, we post in the PA G&T discord AU channel when we get going. If anyone is interested let me know and I can get you a discord invite or just be around on the PA discord! Come do your tasks with us like perfectly innocent crewmates.

steam_sig.png