As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Round 7: Action Phase Update 3

Federation of Sol: Activate the Sol Home System. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in Flagship "Genesis", 10 Fighters, and 5 Infantry from Coorneeq-Resculon, and 1 Carrier, 4 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from Saudor.
    During space combat, Sol loses Flagship "Genesis", 1 Carrier, 14 Fighters, 7 Infantry and expends Action Card "Shields Holding" (AC 6 --> 5), while Nekro loses 1 Destroyer, 2 Fighters, and 3 Infantry and damages 2 Dreadnoughts and 1 Carrier; combat resolves in favor of Nekro.
    Nekro uses racial ability Technological Singularity to gain Antimass Deflectors.

Current Map: Round 7, Action Phase Update 3

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 8 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 5 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 4 VP
    The Winnu: 4 VP
    Nekro Virus: 3 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu, Sol
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: Sol, Jol-Nar, Winnu, Naalu, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Naalu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Jol-Nar, Nekro
    Found Research Outposts (1 VP): Control 3 planets that have technology specialties.: Winnu
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Sol
    Master the Sciences (2 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 4 colors.: Nekro, Creuss
    Centralize Galactic Trade (2 VP): Spend 10 Trade Goods.
    2 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Control the Region (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 6 systems.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    The Naalu Collective: 3 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Sol in Round 2.
    Seed of an Empire (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 2.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 3.
    Winnu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Naalu (Round 4).
    Naalu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu (Round 4).
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 5.

The Winnu (discrider) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Naalu Ceasefire, Naalu Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Neural Motivator, PDS II, War Sun

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 14
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 6
    Fleet Pool: 6
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Creuss Ceasefire, Winnu Political Secret (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, E-Res Siphons, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Dreadnought II, Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 1 / 4

Tactic Pool: 4
    Fleet Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Plasma Scoring, Dimensional Splicer, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, PDS II

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3+2I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Trade Goods: 9
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 5
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Naalu Gift of Prescience - ACTIVE (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Neural Motivator, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy via Valefar Assimilator Y, Plasma Scoring, Assault Cannon, Duranium Armor, Advanced Carrier II via Valefar Assimilator X, Dreadnought II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    X - Jord (4R, 2I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 0

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Advanced Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)
    Trade Goods: 18

Promissory Notes: Winnu Ceasefire, Winnu Support for the Throne, Nekro Antivirus (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Light/Wave Deflector, Plasma Scoring, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Carrier II, Infantry II

Worlds:
    X - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Ongoing Game Effects
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Naalu. When Naalu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 Trade Good for each other player that is their neighbor.
    Wormhole Reconstruction - All systems that contain either an alpha or beta wormhole are adjacent to each other.
    Publicize Weapon Schematics - All players may ignore all prerequisites on war sun technologies. All war suns lose Sustain Damage.
    Senate Sanctuary - Attached to Torkan. The influence value of this planet is increased by 2.

Order of Play
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (0) Imperial
    The Winnu (discrider) - (1) Leadership
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (3) Politics
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (4) Construction
    The Naalu Collective (@38thDoe) - (5) Trade Current Player
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (6) Warfare

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what I should be doing now.
    How do you even get 13 infantry on rex.

Play
    Insubordination on Nekro
    Action: Remove 1 token from another player's tactic pool and return it to his reinforcements.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    @Phyphor to play or decline Sabotage. If Sabotaged, 38thDoe will need to select a new action; if the card goes through, then the action will move to A Half Eaten Oreo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    No sabotage. I don't get useful cards like sabotage

@A Half Eaten Oreo

Phyphor on
  • Options
    So with that CC loss it's actually possible jol-nar lives to see another round

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Activate Dal Bootha / Xxehan
    Move carrier with 2 infantry from Bereg / Lirta IV
    Move in Destroyer from Creuss Gate
    Land one infantry on each planet
    3/3/2

@Phyphor for any effects and to play.

• Options
    Action on @Phyphor (with possible reactions to Creuss's action first).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I need a clarification. If I assault cannon cruess' flagship does that disable dimensional splicer? Since the flagship is the source of the wormhole and I would activate first that would remove the wormhole and disable the condition, correct?

@MrBlarney

• Options
    @Phyphor: Yes, that's right. Dimensional Splicer has the same timing window as Assault Cannon, so its ruling acts the same as the scenario where the active player's Assault Cannon can remove the 3-ship requirement for the defender's Assault Cannon ability.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Excellent

Activate tequran. Bring in carrier from MR + fighter + 2 infantry & everything except the destroyer from jol/nar, and the destroyer from the homeworld

@A Half Eaten Oreo to activate GLS

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    That's what you get for handing a runaway Nekro your wormhole note.

(I take back what I said at the start: I no longer wish to see what would happen in a game where Nekro/Jol are neighbors)

MrBody on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    You brought this on yourselves...

• Options
    edited April 2021
    MrBody wrote: »

(I take back what I said at the start: I no longer wish to see what would happen in a game where Nekro/Jol are neighbors)

I never thought the Virus would eat MY face.

Use Graviton Laser System and hope for some hot rolls. We've done it before!

edit: Since Plasma scoring is a may, just wanna make sure I am using it.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Ketar wrote: »

We got the virus out of Jol Nar. We should get statues in the capital.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Everybody researched all of the "never research when nekro is playing" techs. None of this would be possible without dread II & assault cannon & light/wave & arguably your carriers

I suppose that all took off when my initial fleet was crippled and so I was much less threatening

We got the virus out of Jol Nar. We should get statues in the capital.

Nah my destroyer is still patrolling there, I haven't left yet!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular

In my defense, I was facing the Prisoner's Dilemma where I either sat back and kept getting hit with aggression against my homeslice by you and your tech trader proxies (that would only get stronger and outpace me over time), or point the one player swearing vengeance against you at your homeworld.

In everyone else's defense, I'd hand the "You brought this on yourselves" gold medal to Jol-Nar :? . Early aggression against THREE players (including a Nekro) while trading away tons of advanced techs (for Nekro to steal) seemed to be leaning into every Jol-Nar weakness and nullifying their strengths.

The only non-Nekro win I can see is Naalu scoring 2VP + secret two rounds in a row.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

In my defense, I was facing the Prisoner's Dilemma where I either sat back and kept getting hit with aggression against my homeslice by you and your tech trader proxies (that would only get stronger and outpace me over time), or point the one player swearing vengeance against you at your homeworld.

In everyone else's defense, I'd hand the "You brought this on yourselves" gold medal to Jol-Nar :? . Early aggression against THREE players (including a Nekro) while trading away tons of advanced techs (for Nekro to steal) seemed to be leaning into every Jol-Nar weakness and nullifying their strengths.

The only non-Nekro win I can see is Naalu scoring 2VP + secret two rounds in a row.

I stopped taking the game seriously after Nekro's hissy fit after that terrible battle with Creuss, when they just kept talking about playing spoiler in various ways. On any given turn after that my decision making was generally guided by "If I have two or more similar options, always choose the one that will antagonize Nekro."

Hitting your home system was 50% you bringing it on yourself by scoring too many points too quickly and 50% me just wanting to see if I could actually pull it off.

Nothing that I've done has been with any long-term purpose in mind for a very long time.

• Options
    Round 7 - Battle at Tequ'ran-Torkan

Pre-Combat Effects

Nekro has 1 Dreadnought II, 1 Destroyer, 2 Advanced Carrier IIs, and 1 Fighter (3 Infantry loaded).
    Creuss has Flagship "Hil Colish" and 3 Fighters.

Creuss uses Space Cannon Offense with 2 PDS II units on Creuss via the Hil Colish delta wormhole. +1 die for Plasma Scoring. -1 to hit due to Antimass Deflectors. Exhaust Graviton Laser System to target non-Fighter ships.

Geth roll 3d10t6 for Creuss Space Cannon Offense

Creuss Space Cannon Offense:
    3d10t6 1 [3d10t6=6, 3, 2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    One hit; @Phyphor to assign to a non-Fighter ship.

Start of combat effects and orders to follow for both Phyphor and @A Half Eaten Oreo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options

I stopped taking the game seriously after Nekro's hissy fit after that terrible battle with Creuss, when they just kept talking about playing spoiler in various ways. On any given turn after that my decision making was generally guided by "If I have two or more similar options, always choose the one that will antagonize Nekro."

Hitting your home system was 50% you bringing it on yourself by scoring too many points too quickly and 50% me just wanting to see if I could actually pull it off.

Nothing that I've done has been with any long-term purpose in mind for a very long time.

Genuinely my biggest mistake this game was attacking cruess instead of finishing off your dreadnaughts. That should always have been the play, nekro should almost always smack jol-nar at every opportunity when the odds are good

I only really went full burn everything down mode when you decided to borrow my planets. Everything I said was correct. I didn't score a single point until round 5. Normally that state in round 2 & 3 is 100% game over. I'm at 3 points in round 7, that's abysmal. And aside from the 5 TG objective I haven't passed up any chances to score. Nekro absolutely must attack to win and I not only couldn't do that but I ended up with the weakest total fleet on the board.

However for whatever reason this has been an incredibly low scoring game so only sol is threatening a quick win. Combine that with winnu leaving an opening on MR and you kindly researching enough techs that I can actually return to playing the game to score VP

Game 5 ended round 6 with VPs 10/9/8/7/4/2
    Game 4 ended round 7 10/9/9/8/8/7
    Game 3 ended round 6 10/8/8/6/4/4
    Game 2 ended round 7 10/8/8/7/7/3
    Game 1 ended round 7 11/9/6/6/4/4

This game is 8/5/4/4/3/2. Normally we'd have multiple high scorers threatening a win this turn

• Options
    Damage the dread

Use assault cannon. Steal GLS

• Options
    We need better targeting systems.
    Play Courageous to the End
    After 1 of your ships is destroyed during a space combat: Roll 2 dice. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, your opponent must choose and destroy 1 of his ships.

• Options
    No sabotage

• Options
    No sabotage

• Options
    Assault Cannon destroys the Creuss Flagship "Hil Colish". Courageous to the End is played; two combat rolls are made for the destroyed ship.

Geth roll 2d10t5 for Courageous to the End

Courageous to the End:
    2d10t5 0 [2d10t5=3, 3]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No hits.

Combat Round 1

Nekro has 1 Dreadnought II (damaged), 1 Destroyer, 2 Advanced Carrier IIs, and 1 Fighter (3 Infantry loaded).
    Creuss has 3 Fighters.

Geth roll 1d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9+1d10t9 for Nekro
    Geth roll 3d10t9 for Creuss

Nekro:
    1d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9+1d10t9 3 [1d10t5=3] [1d10t9=10] [2d10t9=9, 2] [1d10t9=9]
    Creuss:
    3d10t9 0 [3d10t9=3, 8, 6]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Nekro scores 3 hits, destroying 3 Creuss Fighters.
    Creuss scores no hits. Nekro uses Duranium Armor to repair their Dreadnought.
    Combat resolves in favor of Nekro.

@Phyphor to continue their action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    You technically forgot my anti-fighter barrage again :P

No bombardment, drop all 3 on torkan

• Options
    That was not very courageous from the crew of the Hil Colish.

• Options
    Oh, right. That, too, is an effect for the first round of combat. Anyways.

Round 7 - Invasion at Torkan

Combat Round 1-2

Nekro has 3 Infantry.
    Creuss has 1 Infantry.

Multiple combat rounds have been rolled for expediency; in case of casualties on the Nekro side, rolls will be taken from left to right.

Geth roll 2#3d10t8 for Nekro
    Geth roll 2#1d10t8 for Creuss

Nekro:
    2#3d10t8 2 # 0 [3d10t8=5, 7, 1] 2 [3d10t8=8, 1, 8]
    Creuss:
    2#1d10t8 2 # 0 [1d10t8=5] 1 [1d10t8=9]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No hits rolled in the first round of combat.
    Nekro scores 2 hits in the second round, destroying 1 Creuss Infantry.
    Creuss scores 1 hit in the second round, destroying 1 Nekro Infantry.
    Combat resolves in favor of Nekro.
    Nekro uses Dacxive Animators to gain 1 Infantry.

I'll post a game state update in the morning, unless there was more to the action from @Phyphor.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Steal PDS II

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Round 7: Action Phase Update 4

The Naalu Collective: Play Action Card "Insubordination" (AC 5 --> 4), returning 1 counter from Nekro's Tactic Pool to their reinforcements. (Nekro TP 5 --> 4)
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Dal Bootha-Xxehan system. (TP 4 --> 3)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 2 Infantry from Bereg-Lirta IV and 1 Destroyer from the Creuss Gate.
    Land 1 Infantry on each of Dal Bootha and Xxehan.
    Nekro Virus: Activate the Tequ'ran-Torkan system. (TP 4 --> 3)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter, and 2 Infantry from Mecatol Rex, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Carrier, and 1 Infantry from Jol-Nar, and 1 Destroyer from the Nekro Home System.
    During space combat, Nekro suffers no losses, while Creuss loses Flagship "Hil Colish", 3 Fighters, and expends Action Card "Courageous to the End" (AC 6 --> 5); combat resolves in favor of Nekro.
    Use racial ability Technological Singularity to gain Graviton Laser System.
    Land 3 Infantry on Torkan.
    During invasion combat, Nekro loses 1 Infantry while Creuss loses 1 Infantry; combat resolves in favor of Nekro.
    Use racial ability Technological Singularity to gain PDS II.
    Use Dacxive Animators to gain 1 Infantry on Torkan.

Current Map: Round 7, Action Phase Update 4

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 8 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 5 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 4 VP
    The Winnu: 4 VP
    Nekro Virus: 3 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu, Sol
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: Sol, Jol-Nar, Winnu, Naalu, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Naalu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Jol-Nar, Nekro
    Found Research Outposts (1 VP): Control 3 planets that have technology specialties.: Winnu
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Sol
    Master the Sciences (2 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 4 colors.: Nekro, Creuss
    Centralize Galactic Trade (2 VP): Spend 10 Trade Goods.
    2 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Control the Region (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 6 systems.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    The Naalu Collective: 3 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Sol in Round 2.
    Seed of an Empire (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 2.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 3.
    Winnu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Naalu (Round 4).
    Naalu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu (Round 4).
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 5.

The Winnu (discrider) SPEAKER

Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Naalu Ceasefire, Naalu Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Neural Motivator, PDS II, War Sun

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Trade Goods: 14

Tactic Pool: 6

Promissory Notes: Creuss Ceasefire, Winnu Political Secret (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, E-Res Siphons, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Dreadnought II, Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 1 / 4

Tactic Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Plasma Scoring, Dimensional Splicer, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, PDS II

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Trade Goods: 9

Tactic Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Naalu Gift of Prescience - ACTIVE (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Neural Motivator, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy via Valefar Assimilator Y, Graviton Laser System, Plasma Scoring, Assault Cannon, Duranium Armor, Advanced Carrier II via Valefar Assimilator X, Dreadnought II, Fighter II, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    X - Jord (4R, 2I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3+2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 0

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Advanced Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe)
    Trade Goods: 18

Promissory Notes: Winnu Ceasefire, Winnu Support for the Throne, Nekro Antivirus (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Light/Wave Deflector, Plasma Scoring, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Carrier II, Infantry II

Worlds:
    X - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Ongoing Game Effects
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Naalu. When Naalu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 Trade Good for each other player that is their neighbor.
    Wormhole Reconstruction - All systems that contain either an alpha or beta wormhole are adjacent to each other.
    Publicize Weapon Schematics - All players may ignore all prerequisites on war sun technologies. All war suns lose Sustain Damage.
    Senate Sanctuary - Attached to Torkan. The influence value of this planet is increased by 2.

Order of Play
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (0) Imperial
    The Winnu (discrider) - (1) Leadership Current Player
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (3) Politics
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (4) Construction
    The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) - (5) Trade
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (6) Warfare

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Activate MR.
    Move in everything from Mehar Xull.
    Commence bombardment.
    @Phyphor for reactions. Then no invade, plasma on War Sun
    1/4/4

discrider on
  • Options
    PDS goes pew pew

• Options
    Gonna take care of both sets of rolls here, since I'm going to assume any hits generated by Nekro will not be taken on the War Sun.

Nekro has 1 PDS for Space Cannon Offense. +1 die for Plasma Scoring.

Winnu has 1 War Sun for bombardment (Dreadnought blocked by Planetary Shield). +1 die for Plasma Scoring.

Geth roll 2d10t6 for Nekro Space Cannon Offense
    Geth roll 4d10t3 for Winnu Bombardment

Nekro Space Cannon Offense:
    2d10t6 1 [2d10t6=10, 3]
    Winnu Bombardment:
    4d10t3 2 [4d10t3=8, 3, 2, 2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Nekro scores 1 hit, @discrider to assign it to one of their ships.

Winnu scores 2 hits, destroying 2 Nekro Infantry.

Once discrider assigns the hit, the action will move to Ketar.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Lose a fighter, @MrBlarney to roll bombardment for the dread.
    The PDS loses planetary shielding
    (Also the carrier goes boom to assault cannon)

discrider on
  • Options
    Right you are, the War Sun negates Planetary Shield for all bombarding units.
    Also, Assault Cannon does not apply since Nekro does not have three non-Fighter ships in the system.

Geth roll 1d10t6 for Winnu Bombardment

Winnu Bombardment:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=8]

4463rwiq7r47.png