As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RIP DMX

13»

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I love how people are condemning a dead man for a thing that might have happened maybe

gotta love a black celebrity who grew up in an insanely horrific situation and tried to help people despite being a flawed person but I heard maybe a thing happened so fuck him and fuck you for liking him

I love how the second a black celebrity dies we rush to point out their flaws

I heard George floyd did drugs yall he was no angel

What do you mean by “a thing that might have happened maybe” or “I heard maybe a thing happened”?

The dude’s homophobia isn’t some hidden secret.

Read the lyrics to Where the Hood At sometime.

Like a lot of people have said, he’s a complicated person with a very rough past.

But like, you are kinda minimizing the feelings of people that don’t like being targeted by hateful lyrics and that kinda sucks man.

He was referring to the dog fighting allegations, which are unsupported by anything and are a go-to attack on certain types of black masc folks from "wrong" backgrounds

Has it ever actually been specified what animal cruelty he actually did that he plead guilty to? I was googling and couldn't find anything specified.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I love how people are condemning a dead man for a thing that might have happened maybe

gotta love a black celebrity who grew up in an insanely horrific situation and tried to help people despite being a flawed person but I heard maybe a thing happened so fuck him and fuck you for liking him

you consistently condemn people for being homophobic

• Options
    never die wrote: »

What do you mean by “a thing that might have happened maybe” or “I heard maybe a thing happened”?

Like a lot of people have said, he’s a complicated person with a very rough past.

But like, you are kinda minimizing the feelings of people that don’t like being targeted by hateful lyrics and that kinda sucks man.

He was referring to the dog fighting allegations, which are unsupported by anything and are a go-to attack on certain types of black masc folks from "wrong" backgrounds

Has it ever actually been specified what animal cruelty he actually did that he plead guilty to? I was googling and couldn't find anything specified.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/09/dmx.dogs/
    In August, deputies raided DMX's home and seized 12 pit bulls and pit bull mixes after receiving a report that the animals were being abused. No arrests were made at the time; authorities said that some of the dogs had apparently not been fed or watered but that there was no evidence of dogfighting.

The carcasses of three dogs were found partially buried on the property in August, and one of the dogs may have been burned, the sheriff's office said.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

you consistently condemn people for being homophobic

and thats absolutely not what I was talking about

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

In August, deputies raided DMX's home and seized 12 pit bulls and pit bull mixes after receiving a report that the animals were being abused. No arrests were made at the time; authorities said that some of the dogs had apparently not been fed or watered but that there was no evidence of dogfighting.

The carcasses of three dogs were found partially buried on the property in August, and one of the dogs may have been burned, the sheriff's office said.

some of the dogs had "apparently" not been fed and watered, no evidence of fighting

cops tried to pin something on a black man and couldn't, cool

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

some of the dogs had "apparently" not been fed and watered, no evidence of fighting

cops tried to pin something on a black man and couldn't, cool

no, there was no evidence of fighting and he wasn't charged with dog fighting

he was charged with cruelty for not feeding his dogs and burying and burning the ones that died

this is not 'pinning it on a black man' and you are being absurd

• Options
    like straight up, if I said 'haven't fed scout in 3 days lol' you would fucking bean dad me

I wouldn't get the 'bu he was complicated' defense

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    That article also mentions that he was charged with animal cruelty in '99.
    DMX faced a 1999 animal cruelty charge in Teaneck, New Jersey, that was dismissed after the performer agreed to accept responsibility and record public service announcements for an animal rights group.

• Options
    the dog-fighting allegations stem from the fact that vick was charged like 2 weeks after him and people are dumb and have inherent bias

but also having 17 pitbulls and more buried in your backyard is incredibly fucking suspicious

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Though in fairness, here's DMX's defense:
    In August, the rapper's lawyer, Murray Richman, said his client had been on tour and had a caretaker was watching his dogs. He said the caretaker had fed and watered the dogs but not brought them in from Arizona's summer heat.
    And if that's true, then I wouldn't hold him accountable for it. I mean maybe he could've vetted the caretaker better, I dunno. But there's always gonna be a margin for error with that sort of thing.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    the dog-fighting allegations stem from the fact that vick was charged like 2 weeks after him and people are dumb and have inherent bias

but also having 17 pitbulls and more buried in your backyard is incredibly fucking suspicious

'Partially' buried even. That kinda implies recent to me. I'm guessing whoever called it in had good reasons to be worried.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    starvation aside, I do not see the moral issue in burning/burying the bodies of your own deceased dogs

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Burning them is a bit odd only because without a specific type of oven you won't be able to hit the required temperatures to cremate them, so you'll just end up with a charred skeleton.

Burying your animals on your own property is pretty bog standard in my experience.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »
    Burning them is a bit odd only because without a specific type of oven you won't be able to hit the required temperatures to cremate them, so you'll just end up with a charred skeleton.

Burying your animals on your own property is pretty bog standard in my experience.

I bet a lot of folks don't know how hot a cremation needs to be

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2021
    Whoops

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2021
    Wrong thread

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Let's talk about about something else to calm down.

• Options
    Fun DMX story

When I was maybe 18 I was living with my mom and stepdad.

I was listening to the fantastic song, “Bring Your Whole Crew” by DMX

The song starts and he says the line, “I’ve got blood on my hands and there’s no remorse; I’ve got blood on my dick because I fucked a corpse”

My stepdad storms in my room and says if he ever hears that again he’s going to throw my stereo out of the window.

Yes of course I listened to it more after that.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I was like "maybe I'll listen to dmx while working out" and it basically went that one radio hit that was super spiritual that I forgot he had done, then a song he featured on that was legit great, and at that point I thought "why haven't I listened to him in so many years." and exactly after that where da hood at started playing... ya know, None of that is what I had remembered about that song

I skipped that in the middle of the first verse. I did somewhat apprehensively listen for the rest of my workout; obviously not comprehensive but like a solid chunk of spotify dmx shuffle. And yeah he has big problems on a lot of his own tracks, but at least in what I heard, whenever he was featured on someone elses song he dropped that and was just legit great. And I'm sure he had plenty of solo music not about being a homophobe.