As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm staying with my aunt and uncle for a few days and my aunt keeps misgendering me. It's that same situation, they're both cool but we've not seen each other for ages and only a couple of times at all since I came out so it's habit. It's fine. But it's also really strange because it's been long enough now since my immediate family stopped accidentally misgendering me that I'm not used to hearing "she".

It's probably weirder for them though, I think I've changed a lot since I last saw them.

• PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Love your silver pentagram pendant @AnalogWarlord

Sounds like you're very patient with your family @Brovid Hasselsmof and they're trying hard, even though making mistakes sometimes...

Btw, Lodon/Birmingham/etc. Pride have moved to September, does that mean we might be able to come out and celebrate normally?
    With... music... and people...

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I am having me breast augmentation tomorrow!!!!!!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I would have to assume that, after four months of doing so, you never stop accidentally punching yourself in the tits.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Had a notable moment the other day. After 2 and a bit years on HRT and one mild-to-moderate surgery I can catch myself in a mirror and actually like what I see.

Related bonus, I bought a jacket a year or so ago which didn't fit right. Was too loose in the shoulders and too tight across the chest. It was super disappointing and I just threw it into a wardrobe and forgot about it. Remembered it existed recently and tried it again, and it fits now.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Last night new boy (who I'm calling Poppy on here) and I watched The Birdcage while taking a bubble bath together it was Very Good. Also I've been nicking his clothes a lot; it's. Really nice. He decided I looked so good in one of his shirts that he just got himself another one and gave that one to me haha

I finally also sat down and took up a friend's offer of getting me a binder, also, so. That's happenin'. I'm pretty excited.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Had a notable moment the other day. After 2 and a bit years on HRT and one mild-to-moderate surgery I can catch myself in a mirror and actually like what I see.

Related bonus, I bought a jacket a year or so ago which didn't fit right. Was too loose in the shoulders and too tight across the chest. It was super disappointing and I just threw it into a wardrobe and forgot about it. Remembered it existed recently and tried it again, and it fits now.

That's aaaawwesome

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What's up, nerds? Y'all doin good?

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I am okay! How are you?

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Shit's kinda fucked out there but I read a cool lesbian necromancer book and I wanna do a cosplay of one of the characters so I'm printing a longsword and just trying to live my gayest life

Erin The Red on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Ahhhh that's really awesome

I've also thought about dabbling in cosplay just because it seems fun

I've been 3d printing a lot of stuff lately and yeah it will make cosplaying slightly more feasible! I hope! Hehe

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I don't really cosplay but when I go to the ren faire I dress up like a monk

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shit's kinda fucked out there but I read a cool lesbian necromancer book and I wanna do a cosplay of one of the characters so I'm printing a longsword and just trying to live my gayest life

you gotta post pictures of this when you finish it (if you want)

3clips3 wrote: »

you gotta post pictures of this when you finish it (if you want)

I shall! Gotta figure out how to get all of my hair to do.... This sorta thing

ba8r869s1ue2.png

otqdmaor2poj.jpg

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There's a lot of Extremely Good Gideon cosplay out there, I'm excited to see yours.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Omg why have I never looked for fanart of gideon

Omg why have I never looked for fanart of gideon

Beware, this is a hole you can't un-fall into!

I am alive and I have the most euphoric pair of breasts!

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Seidkona wrote: »
    I am alive and I have the most euphoric pair of breasts!

fuck yeah, happy titsday!

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

As soon as you said "lesbian necromancer" I was like, oh, Gideon, rock on. This is awesome but clearly a niche worth expanding upon, potential authors!

Do you have anyone to cosplay with you as Harrow?

As soon as you said "lesbian necromancer" I was like, oh, Gideon, rock on. This is awesome but clearly a niche worth expanding upon, potential authors!

Do you have anyone to cosplay with you as Harrow?

If my wife likes the books, she'd be a good Harrow! She's got short-ish hair and she's brunette and can do good sass face and would pull it off rather well, I think

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I started playing WoW Classic with PA folks in the middle of reading those books and all my characters were named from the book and it backfired tremendously now that everyone has to say my name of Nonagesimus

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Hate to only post and not lurk when I have pissfuckery to post about, but well, you know shit's fucked when the NCAA are the good guys in a situation:
    N.C. lawmakers file bill to ban transgender athletes in sports

As a North Carolinian:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qju6V1jLM

Gundi on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Hate to only post and not lurk when I have pissfuckery to post about, but well, you know shit's fucked when the NCAA are the good guys in a situation:
    N.C. lawmakers file bill to ban transgender athletes in sports

As a North Carolinian:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qju6V1jLM

Thankfully NC has a Democratic governor who (as far as I know) won't sign the garbage.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

got a haircut, and i'm kinda liking this hair bob with flick thing i've got going on

also, after about 3 weeks, my blood tests show that the estradiol is suppressing my already naturally low testosterone levels, so probs won't need blockers

shaving still annoys me, especially since my stubble still shows up under my skin even after a really close shave, but hopefully i get a job soon and i can afford some laser

Lalabox on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I must own this book:

Tweet text:
    I want to make sure you all see this letter to a Yiddish paper, reprinted in A Rainbow Thread https://t.co/6UpbzrYrhm where a 60 year old Jewish immigrant in Brooklyn tells of a trans man from his 19th century shtetl, who everyone agreed was pious and hot, and married a nice girl https://t.co/jQPhungeNc

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My partners parents didn't bat an eye about me being agender, they do keep using the wrong pronouns which is fine, they are really old, they mean well, one has occasional memory issues and one can't move so well. So they care and they try and that's more than I can say for my Trumpist parents. I'm supposed to go help work on a tiered garden at their place weekend after this one. I'm basically at the point of yo, these are my parents now.

edited April 2021
    That's awesome, Weaver.

I visited my grandparents for the first time in a year recently. They are both cool, but get pronouns wrong a lot, and my gran called me by the wrong name once. But I mean she's late 80s, riddled with cancer, and suffering post-covid brain fog, so she gets a break.

My grandad has dementia and his memory is shot so I never know how much he's aware of what's going on with me. After I first came out to them he kept asking about my boyfriend because I think he thought this guy people were talking about must be someone I was seeing. But when I was down there this time I was weeding his garden and he came out to talk, and called me by my name for the first time since I changed it 2 years ago. That felt pretty good.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    Oh I had another odd/amusing interaction yesterday, playing D&D via Discord organised by a friend. He introduced me to the other guys, and I said to one of them "Oh I think we already met at Will's wedding."

Only afterwards it occurred to me that Will's wedding was in the Before Times, so who knows what that guy thinks now.

I guess I've been transitioned for long enough now that I'm starting to forget how it was before.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    lol, get fucked Dawkins

https://americanhumanist.org/news/american-humanist-association-board-statement-withdrawing-honor-from-richard-dawkins/
    Established in 1953, the Humanist of the Year Award is conferred annually by the American Humanist Association (AHA), recognizing the awardee as an exemplar of humanist values. Communication of scientific concepts to the public is an important aspect of advancing the cause of humanism. Richard Dawkins was honored in 1996 by the AHA as Humanist of the Year for his significant contributions in this area.

Regrettably, Richard Dawkins has over the past several years accumulated a history of making statements that use the guise of scientific discourse to demean marginalized groups, an approach antithetical to humanist values. His latest statement implies that the identities of transgender individuals are fraudulent, while also simultaneously attacking Black identity as one that can be assumed when convenient. His subsequent attempts at clarification are inadequate and convey neither sensitivity nor sincerity.

Consequently, the AHA Board has concluded that Richard Dawkins is no longer deserving of being honored by the AHA, and has voted to withdraw, effective immediately, the 1996 Humanist of the Year award.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ahahahahahahahaha

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Nice

I am so fucking happy right now.
    iar2yt8nld1a.jpg

FFS just got scheduled for July 22nd!!!

After two years of feeling stalled things are moving so fast now.

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    codifying laws and such to keep people in the workplace is ok but like if thats the ceiling its a race to the bottom. hrc and national center for transgendr equality also seem to be silent on responses to cedeing ground on trans sports when it comes to ERA passage. which may be the single worst part of the biden admin's lack of response. its savvy and tactical. also cedes territory it doesnt need to because these bills arent initiated by constituents. Its culture war shit pushed by the fuckin ADF, ALEC, family research council and heritage foundation. in general the biden admin has been dogshit thus far

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    It feels like a lot of the time lately when I go to say something about current trans issues I end up sounding like some elderly idiot

I was scrolling Twitter earlier and saw a profile that described themselves as a “hyperfemme AFAB trans person” and their posted images were indeed expressive of hyper femme fashion

and I did the blinky guy meme face

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    It feels like a lot of the time lately when I go to say something about current trans issues I end up sounding like some elderly idiot

I was scrolling Twitter earlier and saw a profile that described themselves as a “hyperfemme AFAB trans person” and their posted images were indeed expressive of hyper femme fashion

and I did the blinky guy meme face

Butch trans women say hi

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i'm an AFAB trans women

it's just that I wasn't AFed for particularly long and then they changed their mind

BUT LITTLE DID THEY KNOW

This discussion has been closed.