As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    About the only thing I'd even want from konami at this point is putting the mgs hd collection on gamepass/modern consoles

Oh, right, there were rumors that the folks behind that mediocre and kind of fucked up xbox horror game are doing a silent hill

Speed Racer on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I thought the HD collection was already on GP? Or is it only some of the games?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I thought the HD collection was already on GP? Or is it only some of the games?

Wait is it? Maybe I just missed that. As far as I knew they never ported it off of the ps3/360/vita

I'm sure I've got at least MGS2 and 3 on there, but they might just be the 360 versions

ZD98Zka.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    all i want from konami is a collection of the gba and ds castlevania games

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I do sorta wonder why konami just didn't sell its game IP to Sony or someone else, particularly if they could have included a clause that would let them continue to use that IP for their pachinko machines or whatever.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no one wants it

liEt3nH.png
    I'm playing through Homefront Revolution on X1X in order to unlock the 4k port of Timesplitters 2 thats hidden inside it, and ooof, this game is pure toilet. I'm not sure it's worth it.

I would like everyone in this game to stop saying 'Norks'. Also please stop giving me 3 side missions every time I walk more than 50 metres.

ZD98Zka.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I dont think any company is really looking to grab the reins on "an MGS game without Kojima" from Konami. Not that I don't think somebody could do it fine but that's a fraught project to get into.

X22wmuF.jpg
    alt post if they sell the IP they cant make pachinko machines out of them

X22wmuF.jpg
    still they own a lot of shit:

qrdady9.jpg

and i'm sure the kids today would be mondo interested in a new entry in a franchise like *checks notes*

YN3Xix6.jpg
    lethal enforcers

yeah but who gives a shit about paying konami a couple million for a name when you can just remake Last Of Us

liEt3nH.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Bring back Bloody Roar you absolute cowards

edited April 2021
    The world has never been readier for the furry fighting game to come back

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The world has never neen readier for the furry fighting game to come back

Innit that Them's Fightin' Herds?

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

That’s the Brony fighting game.

Bloody Roar is humans literally turning into their fursona.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

nah that's brony

there is definitely a venn diagram overlap, but it ain't the same

also lmao konami

edited April 2021
    ZOLWLOV.png

not furry, just cartoon

jvLGAyg.png

furry (scalie technically)

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    Homefront update: I'm in a small area where I have to blend in as a civilian, every guard and security camera knows my face, and I have to get a bar up from 30% to 100% by doing rebel stuff to proceed. But every task only puts the metre up 3% and if you get seen you have to go hide in a bin until the alert wears off. And most of the tasks are randomly spawning.

It is the fucking worst. It's the worst parts of Far Cry in a worse setting. Dude I just wanna play Timesplitters.

ZD98Zka.png
    Sheena would make the internet lose it's damn mind now a days.

X22wmuF.jpg
    yeah but who gives a shit about paying konami a couple million for a name when you can just remake Last Of Us

i look forward to the day, when my beautiful soon-to-be-conceived son, born of the loving union of the loins of my wife and myself, will look up to me and ask:

"daddy, what movie awe you watchinng? the 4k cinematowaphy is so expwessive! is it... art?"

and I'll smiled benevolently at him and reach into my pants and pull out a copy of the Last of Us: The Final Remastering for Sony PlayStation 5 in a pristine Steelbook case and say

"Well actually, little Neil... it's more artistic than any movie could be, because it's interactive. This is a videogame... and you... are a Gamer. "

i'll make sure to let you flashback to that moment with your son when i disembody you with a hatchet i crafted out of junk

liEt3nH.png
    its art because the throatstabbing makes u sad

ZD98Zka.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It's art because when you kill the Vita girl it's symbolic for what Sony did to the Vita

Vita means life

The last of us tv show adaptation always makes me laugh to think about

It's already a decent-ish pastiche of zombie/post apocalyptic fiction, it's basically just the walking dead with the serial numbers filed off, I can think of literally no reason to make the adaptation other than it will sell because of name recognition

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'm fine with a Last of Us TV adaptation because it's just the Walking Dead and that show sucks so if it's just Walking Dead But Good that's filling an important niche. Also it's an adaptation into another medium, which is something

But Sony remaking The Last of Us for PS5 is the most nakedly mercenary and creatively bankrupt thing I've ever heard

And the worst part is it's a move based on pure greed! Sony's doing great right now, at least their video game division is. If it were an act of sad and pathetic desperation, I could at least sympathize

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    A TV show at least has the fig leaf of broadening the potential audience which is almost always a good thing. Plus changing media forces a lot of creative decisions that can lead to interesting changes.

edited April 2021
    Yeah but it'll be bad because Last of Us is bad

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Even hardcore last of us fans have to be perplexed by this remake, it’s bizarre. Unless it tells new stories or perspectives within the originals timeframe it just seems a crazy waste of time.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    If Sony really needs to remake something, they should remake something that you can't already play on the PS4/PS5.

Like, I dunno... Ico?

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The last of us tv show adaptation always makes me laugh to think about

It's already a decent-ish pastiche of zombie/post apocalyptic fiction, it's basically just the walking dead with the serial numbers filed off, I can think of literally no reason to make the adaptation other than it will sell because of name recognition

There are enough differences between The Last of Us and Walking Dead that I can only assume you must put all zombie shit in the same bin.

Which is fine, I kind of do the same with vampire shit, but yeah.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I really wonder what sort of marketing test group Sony used to think that a second remaster of TLoU would be a financial success for them.

Maybe digital pre-orders for GTAV are stronger than we think and Sony sees that data as a mark that a second remake would do well.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    right now sony pretty clearly believes they have an avenue to success under the brand of Prestige Games

liEt3nH.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder if Naughty Dog said no to do Last of Us 3 and Sony wants something to fill that void,.

in a lot of ways this sounds like the natural endpoint of everything you keep hearing about how New IP are too expensive to develop compared to franchising in AAA gaming

liEt3nH.png
    remember when the first game they announced during the PS5 reveal was

GTAV

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    right now sony pretty clearly believes they have an avenue to success under the brand of Prestige Games

Yeah, Prestige, like making endless copies of the same things ha ha

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I wonder if Naughty Dog said no to do Last of Us 3 and Sony wants something to fill that void,.

Sony has wholly owned Naughty Dog since 2001. I don't think they get to say no to anything.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.