As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i'm not even sure what a [movie] is

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it would feel like thirty years however

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    You guys all slept on Happy!, didn't you?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Happy! was a pretty good show.

edit: plus Christopher Meloni, of course

Depressperado on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    it would feel like thirty years however

supernatural is good

except that one really bad half season

we don't talk about that

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    So Happy! basically.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I have a bias towards Supernatural because of Scoobynatural and the two boys are dreamy and there's monsters, and the hunting of. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in it!

My second favorite depiction of Death as an entity. (Discworld takes it, obv.)

also I had a dream where I met Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki and they were both really nice, like, I woke up "wow what cool, down to earth guys."

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    By all the fan accounts I've heard, Jensen Ackles is a cool dude.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Jared Padalecki owns(ed?) a bar in town and got drunk and fought the bar manager a couple years ago

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Gosh, what a Sam thing to do

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    but in general yes, they're supposed to be fairly decent folk, they donate a lot to the lgbtq youth org in town

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Jensen ackles is too handsome and it’s bullshit

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

He did The Voices, which was kind of similar... and very twisted, good lord.

wVEsyIc.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There was a webcomic that was like that i forgot the name of it
    It had the main villain that could turn into a mass of birds. the main character was homeless effected by his brain spiders {he could see the creatures}

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »

this is just Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Oh so its a sequel to Don't Look Under the Bed?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tonight I watched Kiki's Delivery Service, a film I haven't seen in so long that it may have as well been my first time with it.

Big fan!

Love the story of a 13 year-old business woman who only eats pancakes & has a fatal weakness for nerdlingers.

Love that this movie shares a central plot with Spider-Man 2.

Love that Phil Hartman plays a cat who FUCKS.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I never watched the show, but I didn't really like the comic, felt like Morrison was trying to be like Ennis.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I felt they were letting whatever streaming service roll last night as the first movie that was on was Cape Fear the one from the early 90's where Robert De Niro has an odd southern accent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vO-XDUiRqU
    It's a like a bad mash up of a louisana and generic southern accents hitting the wrong vowels

Then during lunch was Carlito's Way
    I had seen neither since the early 90's so it was odd to see them again

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I always appreciate being reminded of this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x1yWsj9rNwQ

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I felt they were letting whatever streaming service roll last night as the first movie that was on was Cape Fear the one from the early 90's where Robert De Niro has an odd southern accent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vO-XDUiRqU
    It's a like a bad mash up of a louisana and generic southern accents hitting the wrong vowels

Then during lunch was Carlito's Way
    I had seen neither since the early 90's so it was odd to see them again

I have a lot of love for a lot of Scorsese movies so last year I thought I’d make my way through his filmography. Dude’s made a fair few duds it turns out, and Cape Feare’s one of them.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Cape Fear rules actually. Max Cady in the movie theatre is worth price of admission.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I feel like basing a film off an episode of the Simpsons is kinda lame though.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That episode of the simpsons is superior to Cape Fear, similarly that Simpsons Halloween episode is the superior Nightmare on Elm Street sequel

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Been a while since I've seen either but I will always believe 1962 Cape Fear is the best Cape Fear

Robert Mitchum is terrifying (see also Night of the Hunter)

Sweeney Tom on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That episode of the simpsons is superior to Cape Fear, similarly that Simpsons Halloween episode is the superior Nightmare on Elm Street sequel

Well obviously, one sends us to heaven before it sends us to hell, with the full score of Pinafore

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

watching that episode of the simpsons is also better than sitting through even a very good performance of the HMS Pinafore

I never watched the show, but I didn't really like the comic, felt like Morrison was trying to be like Ennis.

The show benefits greatly from the performances of Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

The show benefits greatly from the performances of Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt.

I never read the comics but I really liked the show. It was so fucking weird!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Just found an amusing examination of one aspect of the horror film Girl on the Third Floor that had me giggling like a child:
    ccmqn3zl5i08.png

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    cm punk played the main character in that and I found out recently that he's a cop now

straight edge folks, y'all

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Just found an amusing examination of one aspect of the horror film Girl on the Third Floor that had me giggling like a child:
    ccmqn3zl5i08.png

So along with "the bed that eats", we now have "the house that..."

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    ccmqn3zl5i08.png

So along with "the bed that eats", we now have "the house that..."

Cums, the house that cums

I solved the riddle! I win!

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    CM Punk isn't a cop. He just played one in a movie.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Been a while since I've seen either but I will always believe 1962 Cape Fear is the best Cape Fear

Robert Mitchum is terrifying (see also Night of the Hunter)

Oh yeah, the original is better, but I still consider the remake to be very good as well. It works really well with a righteously aggrieved monster and a sniveling wiener of a hero. Mick Foley based his heel performance off DeNiro here. Not top tier Scorsese, but far from a miss.

J. Lee Thompson’s masterpiece is, of course, Happy Birthday to Me.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    ccmqn3zl5i08.png

the movie is very bad fyi

do not waste your time

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Is it actual cum, or just like supernatural goo?

Ectojism?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What is cum but supernatural goo?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    qT53zOL.png

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    What is cum but supernatural goo?

This was something that crossed my mind during ghostbusters 2 and the emotional erotic slime

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cm punk played the main character in that and I found out recently that he's a cop now

straight edge folks, y'all

Is something wrong with being straight edge?

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.