As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

what's the deal with underpants for the be-dangled?

13»

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    These poll-style threads always seem to assume that I will feel negative about an option being labeled as "cowardice."

Fuckin jokes on you. I'm the biggest coward.

Well it's a bad argument to begin with because boxer briefs are clearly the superior option.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah calling boxer briefs cowardly is like calling a pb&j sandwich cowardly

why wouldn't you combine the best parts of two things whenever possible?!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Update: properly sized hammock underpants were pretty great today. I'm not sure if it's the hammock or the super nice material though. Bonus update because I've had too much gin: my junk is cosplaying as a hot dog because of them.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Update: properly sized hammock underpants were pretty great today. I'm not sure if it's the hammock or the super nice material though. Bonus update because I've had too much gin: my junk is cosplaying as a hot dog because of them.

You've inspired me to try a pair.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I always seems to fall asleep on my side but when I wake up, it is on my back.

I generally wake up with my legs apart and my oldest and youngest cat curled up together between my feet. It's cute and uncomfortable as shit.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I have realized my ideal would possibly be to be encased in a breathable, cooling, sweat wicking, thin layer of something like latex, keep everything right where it should be. Just dip me in the glue vat after my shower.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    latex by its nature is not any of those other things!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I have realized my ideal would possibly be to be encased in a breathable, cooling, sweat wicking, thin layer of something like latex, keep everything right where it should be. Just dip me in the glue vat after my shower.

Yeah, you'd be marinating in a hot bath made of your own sweat with something like latex. You would long for death

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    TheStig wrote: »

There's kind of an extra joke embedded in this that I think a lot of people didn't catch if they didn't wear a certain kind of underwear.

About the time this show was originally airing, my go-to brand was generally Fruit of the Loom. Also about the time this show was originally airing, they used a shortened version of that brand name on the waistband, which was FTL, which many scifi fans will read as "faster than light". Hence: Lightspeed Briefs

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Pillow talk: Someone mentioned the Oreous pillow in a H/A thread and I ended up ordering one. I love it.

All the benefits of memory foam and I don't wake up drowning in sweat

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Pillow talk: Someone mentioned the Oreous pillow in a H/A thread and I ended up ordering one. I love it.

All the benefits of memory foam and I don't wake up drowning in sweat

Watching the video of those pillow intestines expanding is a little disturbing in an Alien kind of way.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    "Oreous Pillow" already sounded enough like a Dark Souls item before we got to "pillow intestines".

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    How much Poise do you need to avoid fatroll with the Oreous Pillow?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I do not understand the terms being used here

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Heard it stacks well with the Xanthous Crown

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Just slap a Dark Wood Grain ring on

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Uhh poise doesn't affect roll speed at all, it will however help you maintain sleep when the bed is shaken.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I go with boxers

briefs are dumb and ride up my ass, and the dickpouch on boxer briefs always makes my junk feel like it's being compressed into one solid genital mass

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I can't do boxers, they always open up in the fly and my boys dangle about, and the ones with buttons are uncomfortable to wear. And the fabric always seems like I'm wearing a pair of shorts under my pants and I hate how that feels.

boxerbriefs 5ever

also they make my butt look amazing in comparison to boxers

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Briefs, at least your common white cotton variety, feels like a cruel joke. Like, you buy them for little kids because they grow so fast you don't want to invest any real money in their clothes.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    This entire thread is completely out of line, how a dangler swaddles their jib is a deep dark secret that should be protected from the public at all costs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Just tuck your junk down your pant leg and into your sock like the rest of us, bunch Rockefellers with their underwear money

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

I do not understand the terms being used here

Dammit guys, I even googled "Dark Souls Stats" to see if this was a thing.

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's because slow rolls are avoided by increasing your Endurance stat and have nothing to do with poise.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just tuck your junk down your pant leg and into your sock like the rest of us, bunch Rockefellers with their underwear money

Fine, but where do you find affordable hip length socks?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »
    That's because slow rolls are avoided by increasing your Endurance stat and have nothing to do with poise.

Look I've never played a Dark Soul I just know the terms, but their meanings are entirely too obtuse for me.

Also it makes no sense that the Endurance stat would make you roll faster, which ties into why I can't remember or make sense of anything in those games as retained knowledge.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Look I've never played a Dark Soul I just know the terms, but their meanings are entirely too obtuse for me.

Also it makes no sense that the Endurance stat would make you roll faster, which ties into why I can't remember or make sense of anything in those games as retained knowledge.

It totally makes sense

You’re getting your legs thick and powerful to throw yourself at the ground in full plate mail real good

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

It doesn't directly make you roll faster, it lets you equip heavier armor without being encumbered, and armor encumbrance is what slows down your roll.

• Options
    But also yeah Dark Souls stats make no sense. Adaptability! What does it mean?! No one knows, but you want at least 40 points of it at all times.

• Options
    No one cares about adaptability you clown

You absolute ninny

You interrupted punchline

Why would you even post that you incredible poser
    It’s true, I still have absolutely no idea what adaptability even does

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    You know, just today I was thinking, man I wanna play Dark Souls again.

I taint never did beat it. Nor 2. Nor 3. Nor Sekiro. Never even played Bloodborne.

But this time

• Options
    The systems in dark souls are completely intuitive and even if they weren't they're well explained in the game. I don't see how you wouldn't instantly know what all the states do based on their name, even the ones that change their function between different games.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    What are the Dark Souls of underpants? Would it be like compression shorts, or old timey woolens, or just some raggedy-ass whitey tighties with the elastic all spidered out?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Definitely the old holey tightly whities

• Options
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I wear jorts

edit: I JUST DO, OKAY?

they're comfortable and easy to wear

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I wear boxers because I spent my childhood getting my boys skrinched by briefs, and boxer briefs are just briefs with an extra bit of fabric to skrinch your legs as well as your fun parts in an ouroboros of discomfort

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades