As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    our publish dropped a new trailer for Storm Ground, the Age of Sigmar game I'm working on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4BbbzH3JDQ

Is it online versus only?
    the multiplayer? yes.

no i mean the whole game

i guess that means it is. that's disappointing, i was hoping to not have to interact with poopheads

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    vxg10cq551iy.jpg

I was gonna build some Space Marines tonight, but it would appear I have a change of plans.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I'm hearing that while Cursed City sold out online, stores did get a fair few copies (if anyone had tried to pre-order and missed out).

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I am in no position to get it now. I'm really hoping that they do another run in like 6 months or more (or allow a digital version some years hence), but realize I probably will miss out.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I am in no position to get it now. I'm really hoping that they do another run in like 6 months or more (or allow a digital version some years hence), but realize I probably will miss out.

I still feel it was not a one and done printing but a first printing due to the pandemic
    But really we will see

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    They super milked Blackstone for expansions and will probably intend to do so again. As such more base game being produced would be fully logical.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Be’lakor is up for preorder later this week along with their book
    They showed off the new unit boxes for this book and well odd
    i49xhiorved1.png
    rre71u0k1q95.png
    4iqsy1dpupyl.png
    I have 50% of that box between dreadfane and getting just her to paint
    joz4b813z5dx.png

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Now I'm wondering if Belakor is still even in Slaves to Darkness or if he's just a pure daemons thing now.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    That ankylosaur looks rad.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    what is that ghosty box called i wants it

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Sorrowmourn choir, 70€.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Sorrowmourn choir, 70€.

where do they sell her? and can someone link me to somewhere to read about exactly what this age of sigmar crap is? there's like eight worlds now or something?

• Options
    Sorrowmourn choir, 70€.

where do they sell her? and can someone link me to somewhere to read about exactly what this age of sigmar crap is? there's like eight worlds now or something?

After the destruction of the old fantasy world, each of the winds of magic kinda formed into its own gigantic realm (like the Old World would fit into a corner of most realms) where the middle is relatively normal but the further you get to the edge the more magical and insane everything everything gets.

The major protagonists of the End Times in the Old World are now the Gods of the new World but at least some of them actually roam the physical realm and exist in the game.

Here's a timeline of the setting
    https://ageofsigmar.com/timeline/

The latest developements were about Nagash, the God of Death subsuming every other god of death and afterlife and becoming te surpreme ruler of everything. He was partially succesful until he had a minor setback lately
    Teclis, formerhigh elf mage, now aelven god of wisdom* killed him**

* For a certain value of wise. His attempts at creating new elves turned into a race of underwater elves, that raid souls to to replenish the deteroriating ones of their slave caste and another elven race that wants to be the high elves of old but are a bunch of crystals-snuffing fascists.

** "killed" him. He's the god of death after all. But at least his grip on all things death is greatly weakend probably.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Sorrowmourn choir, 70€.

where do they sell her?

If you're just interested in the character model she's sold separately as 'Lady Olynder,' and she's the leader of the ghosty faction for AoS.

• Options
    Sorrowmourn choir, 70€.

where do they sell her?

If you're just interested in the character model she's sold separately as 'Lady Olynder,' and she's the leader of the ghosty faction for AoS.

but where? where i throw money? is it only the GW store site or will other places sell them at a discount?

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Oh, well, I see, there's nothing exclusive to the GW webstore, and most independent retailers will sell GW kits at a discount (10-15% or so). I tend to use Element Games or Firestorm Games, but they're UK based and fairly local to me, I don't know what their overseas shipping is like, I'm sure there are US alternatives but I don't know them.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I want to paint those gems at the edge of the palanquin platform like navigation lights?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    That comes out of nowhere. Pleasant surprise though, the lord is risen.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    There's a head option with the mask off, and... he's looking far less mummified than I would expect.

(Is that a AoS lore thing? Did Kroak get better?)

• Options
    Maybe they just did a good job at pickling him. Or now that death is in decline he feels a bit of a spring to his step.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    There's a head option with the mask off, and... he's looking far less mummified than I would expect.

(Is that a AoS lore thing? Did Kroak get better?)

Nah, he’s still dead. He just hasn’t ever let that stop him existing his best existence. I think they just wanted to rethink the partial skeleton thing because why would the attendants of Lord Kroak, greatest of the Slann, He Who Once Met an Old One, let some insect or whatever actually dare to consume his sacred remains?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    For a fella who insists that he has claim to the souls of all living things when they die, people, other gods, and even entire cities sure do love finding ways to screw poor old Nagash out of souls. Between Shadespire, the Stormcast Eternals, Deepkin, and now the Katophrane Curse spreading he's gotta be seeing some serious declines in soul tithes.

If that wasn't bad enough, he got beaten up by an elf. That's gotta bruise your ego a bit.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    He's just resting his eyes for a bit.

• Options
    I think they did a pretty good job with the floaty things on this model. It doesn't always work that well (yncarne of ynnead, hurakan spirit, that stormcast dude) but here it looks pretty good.

• Options
    It helps that it's physical stuff and not just vague swirly energy! I hope there's an unnamed regular Slaan build option in the kit too.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SapporoL1ght5SapporoL1ght5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Starting a new job next week. Thinking of getting in Sigmar but it's so hard to choose a faction. I love the look of the Deepkin, but I also like the realm lords and the fact they seem to be set up for future support from GWS. And now there are rumors of a destruction aelf (not wood elves) force that been sparked by god under the mountain trailer. Please tell me this game is cheaper then the old fantasy game.

SapporoL1ght5 on
    A door to door hentia salesman.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think they did a pretty good job with the floaty things on this model. It doesn't always work that well (yncarne of ynnead, hurakan spirit, that stormcast dude) but here it looks pretty good.

Dunno who 'that stormcast dude' is, but I like both of the other models you named. I have some nitpicks about hurakan, but I think it looks cool in spite of them.
    • I don't like the long metal bars attached to his waist (that the streamers are suspended from), I don't see why they couldn't get a similar visual effect while having the ribbons attached to his clothes/armor in a less awkward fashion. It falls under the 'okay, but how do they do anything besides strike that pose while wearing it' school of bad fantasy/superhero/sci-fi armor.
    • I think it'd look better if the angle of his aim wasn't so steep.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    They mean the Celestant Prime and his weird tornado thing. I actually think the Yncarne looks pretty cool, but the attempt to sculpt notoriously invisible wind on the Hurakan really breaks the sculpt for me, I'd prefer it they were supported by, like, windswept trees or something, using negative space to suggest the actual wind. Or even just on a flying stand with the streamers swirling about would probably do it.
    Starting a new job next week. Thinking of getting in Sigmar but it's so hard to choose a faction. I love the look of the Deepkin, but I also like the realm lords and the fact they seem to be set up for future support from GWS. And now there are rumors of a destruction aelf (not wood elves) force that been sparked by god under the mountain trailer. Please tell me this game is cheaper then the old fantasy game.

There are a lot of great factions in AoS, as ever with a hobby like this it's best to go with the models you think you'll enjoy building and painting most cos that's where most of your time goes! Lumineth seem a solid choice, though they're quite fiddly to play at a high level, kind of a high skill ceiling I guess. We probably won't be seeing huge amounts of new releases for then for a while now.

Idoneth do look sweet, but their book is one of the oldest going now so they are probably due some attention from GW soon, at present their main competitive build is spamming lots of eels, which is strong but a little one-note.

No one is really sure what the new Kragnos faction is going to be, or even if it's a whole new faction at all! So it could be weird destruction aelves, but I wouldn't hold that to be true just yet. It's worth noting that there's probably a new edition of the game incoming which might shake things up drastically.

As for the price, well... It's still GW pricing, and the newer kits tend to be pretty expensive, particularly cavalry and large centerpieces, but you no longer need big blocks of 40 models in every unit just to play, and the game scales well to even very small points levels.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular

If you go on the main GW website and go to the AoS section and filter it by "start here" there's several starter boxes that get you various amounts of models and all the rules you need to play.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-Of-Sigmar-Tempest-Of-Souls-2018-eng

It's definitely more affordable that Fantasy used to be and GW now actually does deals that save you money as opposed to before where they seemed to actively hate their consumers.

• Options
    Also there is warcry if you want to start out with a few models but not a whole army. Besides having a bunch of Chaos focused dedicated warbands (that also have rules in Age of Sigmar) most main game factions now have rules to play them in warcry.

• Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    Warcry is also really fun. Probably my favourite GW rulesystem alongside LOTR

• Options
    Warcry is great. Since you don't have saves and your model count is really low the game feels much faster paced compared to AOS proper. The games don't get bogged down by a million different spells or command abilities. The only downside is that the faction specific cards are long out of print, but you can find scans of them online and they're all included in the new Warcry Order books.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Warcry is great. Since you don't have saves and your model count is really low the game feels much faster paced compared to AOS proper. The games don't get bogged down by a million different spells or command abilities. The only downside is that the faction specific cards are long out of print, but you can find scans of them online and they're all included in the new Warcry Order books.

Yeah, the cards are superseded by the new Warcry Grand Alliance books.

Good for people that stick with one alliance, not so great for people that just want two factions that aren’t allies.

Also, Warcry is an amazing source of narrative play with all the quests, artifacts, and levelling up that’s possible.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

Deepkin are due for a new codex, if that helps.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Deepkin are still competitive. They aren’t top tier, but they’re definitely still decent

• Options
    What armies are in Broken Realms: Be’lakor book?
    w9mlrr311rlc.png

I know very little about the Seraphon so I don't get their army choices

• Options
    That's all names of Endless Spells. I guess Seraphon get versions that they have more control over.

Celestial Stampede is the new box with the two stegadons and the ankyllosaurus

• Options
    Be’lakor is huge compared to his old model
    etfk7fkouy87.png

This discussion has been closed.