As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Managed to snag a spot at the Safeway in Bothell this weekend. It looks like Safeway opens up slots sometime around 12-3pmish and got the heads up from a friend so yay for me! They appear to do the Pfizer/Moderna ones so hopefully reactions will be minor.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Pierce, whitman and cowlitz counties got rolled back to phase 2 after bad numbers of covid infections. Please let this be one time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Pierce, whitman and cowlitz counties got rolled back to phase 2 after bad numbers of covid infections. Please let this be one time.

In before those counties pull the, "Ma Freedoms!!! Fuck The Libs!!!" Temper tantrum.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

In before those counties pull the, "Ma Freedoms!!! Fuck The Libs!!!" Temper tantrum.

They haven't yet? They slackin'

Orca wrote: »

I'm pretty sure whitman and cowlitz already are, I'm not the pierce expert we'll have to wait for @hacksaw to weigh in, he's got that pierce county tattoo.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw's been thread kicked, so it'll be a while

Got my first Moderna shot today. Pretty well organized for Sea Mar in Vancouver

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I was happy to see the line for people getting vaccines when I took Ladyjubs to get hers in this podunk county. Our numbers are getting bad though too as are most red counties in the state.

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I'm not going to lie, I'm really surprised to see Skagit County not on that list. Because if there's one thing I can tell you from what I've seen is that people are not being smart right now.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I'm honestly kind of surprised most of the state isn't rolled back at this point given how bad many counties are on covidactnow: https://www.covidactnow.org/us/washington-wa/?s=1749670

I really wish the government would tie re-opening phases to vaccination rates, might as well incentivize vaccinations.

nusu on
  • HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

I'm pretty sure whitman and cowlitz already are, I'm not the pierce expert we'll have to wait for @hacksaw to weigh in, he's got that pierce county tattoo.

I was born and bred in UP (West Tacoma), and have spent a good chunk of my life there. Pierce generally speaking is as metropolitan as King and Snohomish are, despite concentrated pockets of Yeeeeeehaw. It represents enough of a relief valve property value wise for Seattle that it will generally be more... progressive?

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Just got my Pfizer jab from the Bothell Safeway myself. The doc there is a wizard with the needle, hardly felt it at all. Here's hoping more of us can get this as I'm seeing more and more folks just foregoing the mask entirely out and about unless they go into a store that outright requires it.

Thegreatcow on
    Just got my Pfizer jab from the Bothell Safeway myself. The doc there is a wizard with the needle, hardly felt it at all. Here's hoping more of us can this as I'm seeing more and more folks just foregoing the mask entirely out and about unless they go into a store that outright requires it.

Was it and I'm not being racist its literally his name Dr Chin Chang? If so I love that duder, he is a master of the needle.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2021
    Just got my Pfizer jab from the Bothell Safeway myself. The doc there is a wizard with the needle, hardly felt it at all. Here's hoping more of us can this as I'm seeing more and more folks just foregoing the mask entirely out and about unless they go into a store that outright requires it.

Was it and I'm not being racist its literally his name Dr Chin Chang? If so I love that duder, he is a master of the needle.

Yup! That was him! I had to do a double take when I heard his name and asked for clarification because I felt so awkward saying it initially.

Thegreatcow on

Yup! That was him! I had to do a double take when I heard his name and asked for clarification because I felt so awkward saying it initially.

He usually does my flu shot. He also gave me my updates when my wife was pregnant. I just love that he's like "ok here we go and you're done."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    My dad is freaking out about this new Long Term Care Tax thing. Does anyone have a link to a good, relatively unbiased overview of it?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I found this to be pretty straightforward:
    https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/not-aware-of-the-washington-state-long-4983092/

I'm working on getting set up to opt out.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    "long term care" wherein "long term" is exactly one year

"long term care" wherein "long term" is exactly one year

Up to a maximum of a hot $100 per day.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    shit like "exactly one year of coverage" and "$100 a day" is how you know they just pulled all these numbers out of their asses

it's a collection of guesses, not a policy

edited April 2021
    Also, find me someone who:
    • Needs ~3 years of long term care (let's conservatively call it $5,000 per month - $180,000)
    • Would have less than $36,500 if they'd invested the same amount they paid
    • The margin between those two numbers is what saves them from complete financial ruin.

I'll wait.

Doc on
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm wondering if this is more about creating an incentive for people to buy long-term care insurance than creating a "real" tax.

Honestly, I'm wondering if this is more about creating an incentive for people to buy long-term care insurance than creating a "real" tax.

You're not required to maintain it after you're exempted from the program.

Two things. Are union employees exempt per RCW 50B.04.080? And also in that section it basically says the premium can change, but that whoever is in charge of the premium has to strive to maintain a .58% premium, so is it actually on any way restricted, or can they say "we tried" and then fuck it up anyways?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Doc wrote: »

You're not required to maintain it after you're exempted from the program.

And that's stupid, but it's stupid if they're trying to do this properly as well.

My understanding is that union employees are exempt:

https://www.ltc-associates.com/education-center/who-pays-for-long-term-care/public-programs/washington-state-long-term-care-trust-act/

BUT if you change jobs into a non-union role down the road, you're now out of the private insurance exemption application window (October 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2022) and are required to participate, unless you get another union job.

Max of 0.58% is the law, they're supposed to keep it under that, if possible:
    Beginning January 1, 2024, and biennially thereafter, the premium rate shall be set by the pension funding council at a rate no greater than fifty-eight hundredths of one percent.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

no this sounds like someone started with an ok idea that got watered down to uselessness but they're gonna pass it anyway

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    I wonder how many residents end up moving to another state (to be closer to family for example) when they need long term care. You lose coverage if you do that.

Aioua wrote: »

no this sounds like someone started with an ok idea that got watered down to uselessness but they're gonna pass it anyway

So like pretty much any policy in state really.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Why am I not surprised that Yakima is trending back up again? It's like the town/region that reliably picks the wrong option every time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised that Yakima is trending back up again? It's like the town/region that reliably picks the wrong option every time.

A bunch of my coworkers from Seattle got vaccinated in Yakima because there were so many free slots. They didn't even need to make an appointment, they just showed up and got poked.

A bunch of my coworkers from Seattle got vaccinated in Yakima because there were so many free slots. They didn't even need to make an appointment, they just showed up and got poked.

I heard a lot of eastern washington is like that, which makes sense sadly.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Before my coworker found some time slots for the office, we were looking at all driving out to Cle Elum or w/e.

Brody wrote: »

Before my coworker found some time slots for the office, we were looking at all driving out to Cle Elum or w/e.

God if I didn't have a kid I'd be more willing to make a long drive like that, but a five year old in the car for an hour would drive me more nuts than just waiting.

pleasepaypreacher.net

God if I didn't have a kid I'd be more willing to make a long drive like that, but a five year old in the car for an hour would drive me more nuts than just waiting.

vac-cin-ate
    do do do do do do

vac-cin-ate
    do do do do do do

You're a bad person I just wanted you to know that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I went from seattle to La Conner to get my first shot, but that was 6ish weeks ago. Had an appointment and still had ~1-2hours waiting in line

2nd shot was at rite aid in wooden ville with no line

Burtletoy on
    So everyone can get the shot and I can't find an appointment anywhere. Hooray.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

I mean I hope you can get it but that also means people are getting it too. Which reduces general risk as well.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

I've just found a bunch of preregistrations. So I guess I wait until someone contacts me now.

Aistan wrote: »

I've just found a bunch of preregistrations. So I guess I wait until someone contacts me now.

yeah that's all I've been able to do. All the rite aids near me had no spots.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.