As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Nice bit of business there for Detroit. Very similar player metrics on those two, plus a 1st and 2nd round pick.

I've felt for a while that people love the idea of Mantha so much they discount actual Mantha..

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Nice bit of business there for Detroit. Very similar player metrics on those two, plus a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Yep! Yzerman starting to work his magic

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Nemeth and now Soderberg. Sakic putting the band back together.

Soda is slow as molasses but he was a stud in the playoffs last time. And we didn't break up any of the lines who are clicking right now.

I'm interested to see if he bumps Jost down (who has stepped up) or if he takes the 4th C. Maybe with Bellemare on his wing?

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jost has stepped up and Nuke has been great so I’m not sure you want to disturb that. I’d put him at 4C for starters.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Nuke has been on the 2nd lately but I'm eager to see what happens

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Ha, yeah I realized that after I said it.

• Options
    Grubauer on the COVID protocol list. Dubnyk/Johansson time. This ought to be fun.

• Options
    Get it over with now I guess.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I'm debating NHLtv for playoffs but I'm not sure if it's worth. Will there be blackouts because the games are carried on NBC?

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm debating NHLtv for playoffs but I'm not sure if it's worth. Will there be blackouts because the games are carried on NBC?

Almost every game will get blacked out because it all becomes a national broadcast.

NHL.tv is useless in the playoffs.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

Almost every game will get blacked out because it all becomes a national broadcast.

NHL.tv is useless in the playoffs.

Unless you're out of market for the team you want to watch (or you just want to watch alot of hockey) it's F'ing useless. I'd have a yearly sub if i could legally stream HD games for my local team.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, they don't even cover the playoffs in the US and Canada.

Although, if you happen to use the magic of the Internet to connect to NHL.tv from literally any other country, you can watch the games on your devices

Unrelated: you ever notice how VPN services often have discounted prices for the first month, or like a free week? That's cool.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Yeah, they don't even cover the playoffs in the US and Canada.

Although, if you happen to use the magic of the Internet to connect to NHL.tv from literally any other country, you can watch the games on your devices

Unrelated: you ever notice how VPN services often have discounted prices for the first month, or like a free week? That's cool.

just a quick nit to pick, in Canada national games are not blacked out on NHL Live (what we call NHL.tv up here). local in market games are, but not national games. So playoffs are watchable on the service in Canada specifically.

In the US yeah it's purely an out of market service and not useful in the playoffs.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular

You can't convince me all these names are real.

Red Savage? Really?

:so_raven:
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    strong Bobson Dugnut energy

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Braden Holt and he's a goalie? This is like an unlicensed video game where they couldn't quite use the real players names and just took out a few letters.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Rutger McGroarty is George Lucas' son.

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Heck, the Rangers got a defenseman in their system named Hunter Skinner. Names are weird.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Braden Holt and he's a goalie? This is like an unlicensed video game where they couldn't quite use the real players names and just took out a few letters.

star forward Warren Grontzky

• Options
    Ooooo, Ryan St. Louis is Martin's son.

• Options
    The other goalie is Gibson Homer!

• Options
    My favorite hockey name is Radek Bonk

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »

Zarley Zalapski

• Options
    Pierre McGuire just said that Sidney Crosby is the most underrated player in the NHL

• Options
    fuckin Pierre

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I mean, he’s only as good as his equipment manager....

Unrelated, but this is a neat stat.

Mind blowing stat>> Patrick Marleau of #SJSharks  has appeared in at least one game with 37% of every #NHL player who has ever played in the 104 year history of the league (3009 of 8100)
    Source @SharksStats

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Deadfall wrote: »

Zarley Zalapski

Ron Tugnutt

Though someone pointed out that Neal Pionk's last name sounds like to sound a donkey makes, and now I can't unhear it.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    I mean, he’s only as good as his equipment manager....

I love at the end of this you can see everyone congratulating the equip guy b/c they know he help make it happen. Give him an assist on that goal!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    The Leafs just lost to a team coming back from being ravaged by COVID-19 and missing a bunch of their starting lineup by blowing a 2-0 lead.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Corvus on
  • Options
    The Leafs just lost to a team coming back from being ravaged by COVID-19 and missing a bunch of their starting lineup by blowing a 2-0 lead.

The Leafs are due an embarrassing loss each season, and while nothing will top losing to a zamboni driver, this is at least in the same vein.

• Options
    oldmanken wrote: »

The Leafs are due an embarrassing loss each season, and while nothing will top losing to a zamboni driver, this is at least in the same vein.

I mean they lost 6-5 to Ottawa after being up 5-0 so I thought they would have hit that quota for the year already.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    i mean are we sure there's a quota

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i mean are we sure there's a quota

I hope not. My best friend is a Leafs fan who is also a good sport about them (I'm an oilers fan so he has just as much to say to me as I do to him) so the more of those games the better.

• Options
    Ordered a Kraken polo and a Leafs t-shirt last night. I'm not sure if this is both ends of a spectrum but I'm really digging the Kraken logo and I lived in Toronto for a decade and never had any merch

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Oh, god. NBCSN has the Detroit - Dallas game on. Dallas is in these horrific all white unis. White jerseys, ok fine. Not great, but fine. White pants --not fine. White socks, gloves, and helmets. Just ugly like I haven't seen since... I dunno, the Montreal barber pole sweaters?

• Options
    edited April 2021

Whoops

Also, this goal was the penguins goalie Tristan Jarry's 4th assist of the year

If he continues at this pace (6 points in 93 starts) he will be in first place all time in 744 games (33 games quicker than the current all time nhl leader, penguins great Tom Barrasso)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Jonathan Quick got yanked after a similar goal. I think it was last week, and that it was also the 3rd goal in the 1st period. I wonder if the condensed schedule is chewing up ice surfaces and leading to more odd bounces?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Oh, god. NBCSN has the Detroit - Dallas game on. Dallas is in these horrific all white unis. White jerseys, ok fine. Not great, but fine. White pants --not fine. White socks, gloves, and helmets. Just ugly like I haven't seen since... I dunno, the Montreal barber pole sweaters?

Did they paint the skates white?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Vancouver's win over the Leafs last night was the 69th in franchise history and it happened on 4/20.

Nice.

This discussion has been closed.