As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why do we want [Webcomics]?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's an orc

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Lalabox on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Today's Viral Hit

becvai56av8h.png

Honestly needs a Content Warning: Bullying. Doesn't really pull any punches here.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Pocketss is great I just wish there was more of it

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    kg05gyzejaog.png
    Existential Comics with a good question

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    klemming wrote: »

There has to be a midpoint in webcomics between "our evil fathers have easily contracted a gang of murderer college students to kidnap all of our friends" and "the existence of drama, stakes, or strife of any kind really bothers the author after about 3 days or so."

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

There has to be a midpoint in webcomics between "our evil fathers have easily contracted a gang of murderer college students to kidnap all of our friends" and "the existence of drama, stakes, or strife of any kind really bothers the author after about 3 days or so."

??????

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Not everything has to be manufactured drama that gets extended forever because people refuse to talk to each other or say what they are feeling.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

??????

The former is Dumbing of Age, the latter QC. I'm dissatisfied by both recently for reasons that should be clear from the statement.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

There are more than a few, but most don't update 5-7 days a week.

• Options
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I still can't tell if Bakrah is supposed to be a really well-funded foreign spy or whether he's just an ambitious idiot. He's certainly never hesitated to gamble that the locals take religion less seriously than they say they do, which works right up until one is filleted for blasphemy, I suppose.

Of course, Bakrah could be correct for 99% of the people and still get unlucky when he encounters that one true zealot.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    we're all agreed that he's definitely going to become Angel Eye, right

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    I still can't tell if Bakrah is supposed to be a really well-funded foreign spy or whether he's just an ambitious idiot. He's certainly never hesitated to gamble that the locals take religion less seriously than they say they do, which works right up until one is filleted for blasphemy, I suppose.

Of course, Bakrah could be correct for 99% of the people and still get unlucky when he encounters that one true zealot.

he's already lost an eye to a true believer

sticking to open cynicism when surrounded by nervous spears is another level of chutzpah, of course

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Not everything has to be manufactured drama that gets extended forever because people refuse to talk to each other or say what they are feeling.

All the drama is "manufactured", the story is fiction. And I'm not looking for Three's Company, I'm looking for a story besides "I thought this might be a problem, but it wasn't. Phew" over and over and over again.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    i79ooh66qr79.jpg

Backlash

Man, I had forgotten about this comic until it popped back up in my twitter feed and I remembered how great the character body type designs are.

The helmeted folks are still pretty silly to me but can't complain about the variety.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

All the drama is "manufactured", the story is fiction. And I'm not looking for Three's Company, I'm looking for a story besides "I thought this might be a problem, but it wasn't. Phew" over and over and over again.

I find it to be refreshing. Problems suck.

• Options
    7y0o7kinlytv.png
    SMBC

This page intentionally made blank, since cropping wasn't really going to work.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

This is basically slice of life versus melodrama in a nutshell

I ate an engineer
  • Options
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    i79ooh66qr79.jpg

Backlash

Man, I had forgotten about this comic until it popped back up in my twitter feed and I remembered how great the character body type designs are.

The helmeted folks are still pretty silly to me but can't complain about the variety.

I've been reading this, but not posting updates. Except I guess the website's RSS feed stopped updating, so I missed the last month of pages.

If I actually look at the file there are entries for the most recent pages, so I don't actually know why my RSS reader shows page 363 as being the most recent one.

• Options
    milski wrote: »

This is basically slice of life versus melodrama in a nutshell

Slice of life has problems. They don't have to be life shattering but like "the concert venue is overbooked" or "I overslept my time to meet up with my date" are still problems. QC had that whole arc with the robot body in disrepair, that was interesting! Currently, it's just been a long sequence of "I wonder if that person likes me... oh they do." several times in a row.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i would say that this is an extended cathartic resolution to a number of long-running romantic conflicts

and also like, i ain't no future-seer but "two characters that only kind of know each other get into a long-distance relationship" is pretty self-evidently a much more rich vein for drama and conflict then if he'd just rejected her flatout

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The main QC outstanding problem I'm still curious about going back to is Roko's dissociations.

• Options
    As I've said before, QC is designed to be generally pleasant and then slide off your brain, so I can't say I have any opinion.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    i would say that this is an extended cathartic resolution to a number of long-running romantic conflicts

and also like, i ain't no future-seer but "two characters that only kind of know each other get into a long-distance relationship" is pretty self-evidently a much more rich vein for drama and conflict then if he'd just rejected her flatout

By introducing a long-distance relationship, Jeph will be able to introduce an entirely different setting and full cast of characters on his end.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    What were we talking about again I already forgot who was doing what with who

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Look, it took me like 28 years, but I finally realized that over thinking things is dumb. She cute, you like spending time with her? F it, give it a try.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    a blandly pleasant slice-of-life clearly has a big audience - just look at that Patreon count, even with a minimum $1/month sub

not all material has to be challenging

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    The main QC outstanding problem I'm still curious about going back to is Roko's dissociations.

I was playing Beat Saber in VR and for some reason I was having a half second delay in response one one of my controllers so I had to stop playing.

I had only been playing for a few minutes but when I stopped I had this overwhelming feeling that affected arm was in fact not my arm but a weird meat puppet designed to look and act like my arm but still wasn't "acting properly."

Honestly that still ranks as one of the freakiest moments of my life so I can only imagine having that feeling for your entire body is goddamn surreal.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    body dysmorphia/dysphoria really sucks!

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think this is like the first time QC hasn't had an ongoing 'will-they/won't-they' relationship question in decades now that big soft boy and robo-hand are a thing.

Whoop, no, Brun and Millefuille are still a question mark.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    RegemRexRegemRex Registered User regular
    Viral Hit is so damn good, waiting for updates is torture.

@Jragghen did you get a chance to check out The Boxer yet?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Ditching drama is Jeph's style. It doesn't bug me in the comic but it does on his Twitter when he's like "pineapple on pizza is good and all the haters can fuck off but if you don't like pineapple on pizza that's ok too uwu". Just a strongly worded opinion immediately uncut by a bland no stance.

This discussion has been closed.