As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

19596979899101»

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    As someone that never owned an Xbox before the Series S, I woulda liked some kind of tutorial or instruction manual that told me what buttons do what.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    The PS5 ui is OK, but the PS4 one is better and I miss themes.

The X1X ui is just awful, I hate it. Microsoft just seems bad at ui in general, Teams is hot garbage compared to Slack too.

Deeply curious what you don't like about the Xbox UI?

It's slow, cluttered, and by default doesn't even show your games on the main page. Once you get used to the stupid design you can get around it, but the first time I used it was a nightmare.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    you know what i liked

blades

give me the blades back

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    you know what i liked

blades

give me the blades back

Sorry I was out partying, what’s up?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Blades were the best console UI. It has all been downhill since then.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The PS5 ui is OK, but the PS4 one is better and I miss themes.

The X1X ui is just awful, I hate it. Microsoft just seems bad at ui in general, Teams is hot garbage compared to Slack too.

Deeply curious what you don't like about the Xbox UI?

It's slow, cluttered, and by default doesn't even show your games on the main page. Once you get used to the stupid design you can get around it, but the first time I used it was a nightmare.

Now I will say, you said X1X? I've never used the 1X, but I haven't heard it is in anyway different from the Xbox One or Series X. So I'll proceed under the assumption we're seeing basically the same things. So what you see on boot is your 5 or 6 most recently played things. Those are "your games" unless you've only been watching apps. If you meant your full list of every installed game, that's one option down called "My Games".

But maybe you want a curated list of stuff you've been recently playing at different times. Pin it and that will be its own section of whatever size you feel like. I have a Pinned section of 24 items that includes all the various streaming apps I'm subscribed to and my top games that I'd be likely to play next, which I curate, removing and adding as I beat games and buy new ones.

I'm not certain if this is universal to older boxes, but on Series X, you can move the categories or hide sections completely. So I've hid stuff like "events" because that social network stuff is not what I'm here for.

To me, the only objectionable part is the advertisements directly under my most recently played, but ads are everywhere. There's (going to be?) ads here on this forum. When people say it's "cluttered"... you can change it quite a bit. Delete stuff as you want it to look?

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    ok

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    you know what i liked

blades

give me the blades back

Having my 360 switch from the blades interface to the later ad-filled one is what got me to start a personal boycott of the xbox one. It was helped by the fact that they didn't really have any games I want.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The only current console I've used is the Switch, where going into sleep mode consists of holding the home button and then pressing A.

Hearing that it's more complicated than that on the other consoles is a bit baffling.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    they changed the 360 UI two or three times over its lifespan and each time it got gradually worse

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I actually preferred the "NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE" which was the 2nd UI, the Blades were cool but the organization was weird and my old Xbox would always have trouble with it18rj29sdt6tvjjpg.jpg

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I never found the PS5 interface annoying past the first bit learning how it works. I dunno putting it into rest mode seems about as difficult as doing the same for my switch

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    As a long time Xbox user, I pretty much expect a different UI every time I turn the console on.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    As a user I say we all deserve terrible interfaces. Give us hell quimby

Prohass on
This discussion has been closed.