As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Just awful

Dixon on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    6q3g2v7exrs0.jpeg

Your Boston Red Sox...golf? Team?

Had Barstool rioted yet? How many older Red Sawx true guards are throwing things in the harbor at this Sacrilegious wrong by Nike? Ruining Baseball, etc.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe the Red Sox think they’re playing golf. It would explain the low scoring.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Those new Red Sox uniforms probably piss off Bill Simmons so I've decided that they're good actually.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    They look like they're supposed to say Emirates across the front

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    “ Inspired by the Patriots' Day holiday and the Boston Marathon, the jerseys feature a marathon bib patch with 617, Fenway Park's area code, on the left sleeve.

The radical design for MLB is part of Nike's first venture into designing alternates for baseball, known as the City Connect series, meant to push the boundaries of uniform design.”

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    RedTide wrote: »
    Stanton does this thing with his arms and not his whole body like everyone else on the planet

His triceps and delts are the size of his quads and he has fairly long arms for his frame. He's able to get 100+lbs of body weight behind his swing without using his hips at all.

So from the waist up he’s a category of one in terms of swing- he has a very “long” swing and his strength and athleticism keep that from getting him in trouble while enjoying the benefits of the added torque

From the waist down he’s actually very typical mechanically- he’s definitely priming the bullwhip and managing his balance the way all the great hitters do it and hitting coaches tell you to do it. His stance changes, compact step, and amazing/one-of-a-kind upper body movement just obscure the boring/sound fundamentals going on down low.

Captain Inertia on
    Also

Giancarlo is big man.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I was going to say - I think those uniforms are for Patriots Day and, if so, they're rolling with Blue/Gold Boston Marathon colors.

Without that info, however, I can understand if like Affleck's head exploded if/when he saw it.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    The Judge wrote: »
    I was going to say - I think those uniforms are for Patriots Day and, if so, they're rolling with Blue/Gold Boston Marathon colors.

Without that info, however, I can understand if like Affleck's head exploded if/when he saw it.

I don’t mind the color combo. That could have worked. It’s the overall design combined with the white pants that are killing it for me

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    in my book teams should just wear 1920s style pajamas, but nobody likes my ideas sadly

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Torn shoulder labrum for Tatis.

4-6 MONTHS

Fucking sucks

This isn’t true? He subluxated his shoulder, which is incredibly painful (happens to me sometimes) and will likely end up requiring surgery to tighten the connective tissue, but he will likely play through the season and get the surgery after, barring complications. Bellinger had the same condition.

He subluxated his shoulder, but they're still waiting on MRI results that will tell them whether he also tore the labrum in the process. If he did, this will likely be a lost season.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I got MLB tv free with my phone service so I've been watching a bunch of Tigers games and they're looking good so far this year.

Finish this game was a little more tense than I like.

Magell wrote: »
    I got MLB tv free with my phone service so I've been watching a bunch of Tigers games and they're looking good so far this year.

Finish this game was a little more tense than I like.

Akil Baddoo is legit so far

It’s a slight labral tear fit Tatis.

Going on the 10 day IL

Then he’s going to try to return which...worries me

It’s a slight labral tear fit Tatis.

Going on the 10 day IL

Then he’s going to try to return which...worries me

Apparently this is the third time in .... 45 days? That it’s popped- twice in spring training :bigfrown:

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    He's doing the Bellinger thing of managing it through the season and getting a cleanup surgery in the offseason

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    He's doing the Bellinger thing of managing it through the season and getting a cleanup surgery in the offseason

Scary chance to take though. He got hurt yesterday on a swing. He’s going to swing a lot before the year is done.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Bellinger got hurt in game 7 of the NLCS. He managed it for 6 more games.

That’s not exactly the same as getting hurt in the first week of the season.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular

Scary chance to take though. He got hurt yesterday on a swing. He’s going to swing a lot before the year is done.

There's a difference between pain and injury, though. It may happen again and it may hurt like a motherfucker again (I subluxate my patella on occasion, and I do not like it!), but he saw medical professionals not affiliated with the team, and if they told him he can play without serious risk of long-term injury, I don't know why laypeople should choose to freak out anyway.

Regardless, the 10-day IL is a procedural thing, they're going to put him back on the IL again next week and won't rush him back that quickly.

Because I’ve seen enough players get “medically cleared” to play then end up getting seriously injured soon after to know that you can’t actually trust what the team, the doctor, or the player are saying.

What I see is a kid who has thrown his shoulder out 3 times in a little over a month and the last time happened during a swing...something he is going to do about 5,000 times before the season is over.

I hope he’s perfectly fine, and I’m not saying he won’t be.

However, expressing concern despite what teams, doctors, or players say is perfectly reasonable based on past experience.

In a span of three months, Joe Musgrove went from languishing on the hapless Pirates to throwing the first no-hitter in the history of his hometown team while wearing his favorite player’s number, in case you were wondering if the sport was scripted (it is)

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Caratini has now caught the last two no-hitters thrown, on different teams no less, and it's kind of funny that both of them weren't Darvish since he's kind of Yu's personal catcher.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Darvish had a great season but unfortunately his pitch counts generally ensure he doesn't complete many games anymore

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I don't even understand why i'm watching so much baseball this year.

it's like a combination of streaming makes it easy and second screening and still being relatively stuck inside, i'm just like starting with a game i nominally care about and just continuing to watch whatever games are happening after that.

the baseball does not end.

hello, it's me your average Cleveland cubs nationals mets brewers fan

initiatefailure on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that's a grim combo

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I grew up in the cleveland broadcast area i honestly don't know what I'd do with a good team.

the mets nats is from friends fandoms and we can at least watch them together in discord and i can understand their pain

initiatefailure on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    that's a grim combo

Hey, that’s 2 of the last 5 WS winners, and to my knowledge, they haven’t been accused of cheating to do it.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Shit, I know the guy that caught that rocket.

Shohei is just a joy to watch.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    He makes it look easy.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    "I went in the clubhouse after and asked one of the guys to replace his nachos," Turner said. "I ruined a meal for him, so I had to replace them."

Dirtyboy on
    The Show 21 is out today(if you preordered one of the special editions otherwise you have to wait until Tuesday)

I went full nerd with my Diamond Dynasty team

8f6rtz045jui.jpeg

I’m not fixing that!

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I’m not fixing that!

Is he partially inverted on Nimbus?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I may have just ordered a Series S for this.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I thought this was some beer league clip for a second.

This discussion has been closed.