As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Mechanically, I appreciate what this is doing though I think there are some technical issues that drag it down (minor loading hitch on hitting every node adds up and gets grating).
    Oh my god, you should have seen what it was like when this event originally hit in the JP version. It was a loading nightmare. It was substantially better in the rerun and again here. I agree it's still kind of an issue, which tells you how bad it was before.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Just hit the turning point in the story and opened the last remaining places to explore. Story's okay so far I guess. Dungeon crawling is fun though.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, I struck out.

Holy shit

Same. I had 180 free quartz....and then mysteriously another 181 quartz.

Thankfully I didn’t black out from rage because I certainly had the money to make awful decisions.

I ended up getting her when I went back in some days later. But yeah.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    FYI, Heaven's Feel III Spring Song blu-rays are out in Japan. Still waiting for when I can buy it in America.

If you didn't get to see the movie in theatres, Saber vs Rider is worth the price of admission alone. Ufotable straight up flexing.

• CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    I should never bother rolling on 5* assassins. Even with the previous guaranteed job banners I only have NP 4 Jack.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    With Kama being an entire universe unto herself and classified as a Threat to Humanity, my gut reaction was to bring in MHXX, and indeed she got me through a couple of the earlier fights in grand style. Yagyu seems like he'd have been a solid pick too, and I've even seen strategies with Scheherazade. Buuuut I wanted to do something a little more creative - namely, trying out a grailed Serenity and cranking out as much poison damage as possible.

The go-to example pairs her with a staple Mash-Merlin combo, which really can handle just about anything. While mine isn't fully leveled yet, at 96 she's close enough to make it work. A bigger problem was finding a friend with a Merlin up; the one time I did, I got caught napping by her charge->fire NP maneuver and he went down first. Eventually I got tired of hitting refresh to try again, borrowed a Waver to go alongside Tamamo, and put Mash on backup. So how did it work out?

Quite well, it turns out!
    The main issue with Kama early on is her NP drain; it's a full drain each turn until you break the first bar, and it will still happen on the end of that turn once you do. Behind that are her clones, which appear to start spawning around 4-5 turns in regardless of break bar status. The longer the first bar takes, the harder the rest of the fight since you can't build up NP until then. The crit star event spell gives a hefty charge, enough to fire on the first turn with Waver, but this limits your options later on.

Ypr1VwH.jpg

Fortunately, Serenity's kit makes her quite good at both stalling and getting in damage right after a bar breaks. Her charge drain and crit reduction buy time for hard protection to come back up, and her poison debuff (which also gives crit stars) actually lasts longer than its cooldown, enough to stack its double-damage effects even before factoring in Tamamo. Furthermore, her NP inflicts skill and NP seal, which limits Kama's ability to do anything but flail away. Poison damage regularly hit for 15k/round and peaked at thirty goddamn thousand for a couple; this came to at least another NP's worth of damage on top of things.

qn82eAJ.jpg

It's still somewhat dependent on luck, since Waver took a bad hit and Mash had to step in, and of course Merlin would've worked as well if not better. But half the fun is getting in there and trying stuff anyway when the RNG gets stingy. Fox wife has really grown on me, and I'm kind of tempted to try again with double Tamamo for the hell of it. Besides, sometimes it's not about speed or raw damage. Sometimes it's about sending a message.

I4P34e0.jpg

Attagirl. You earned that shiny cup. :+1:

Anyway, fun event overall. Writing got convoluted, which is to be expected when they start invoking CCC, but it's mostly a good cast; I quite enjoyed the back-and-forth between Parvati and Tsubone, what with having to share a body and all. While Kama got obnoxious and repetitive towards the end I do think they built her up better than Kiara as a corrupting force. The progression was novel, it did some interesting stuff mechanically, and I do appreciate a good logical exploit to turn things around at the last moment.

Now, uh, let's scrape Kama off the floor and see how much Easter chocolate it'll take before she stops pouting about this.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    Kama is both Chaotic and Evil.

A certain MOTIVATED Sparrow is really good vs her.

Event finished. It got a bit off-the-wall towards the end there with the nature of the corruption, but then swung right back into my favorite pseudo-philosophical bullshit of conceptual traits and weaknesses and effects that I absolutely love Fate for. Even had a neat little epilogue where I wonder when a certain Lancer is going to make her appearance and also justifies the appearance of Kama at Chaldea. Not to mention that lead-in to Lostbelt 4 to entice us further but that's several more months away I think.

Still have a couple more of the last hidden rooms to clear out. I got a bit impatient and decided to challenge Kama with half the bar remaining but it turned out alright. Brought my own Waver and Merlin and borrowed somebody's Sitonai with the Damage+ CE for the event. Was never really in danger but the fight itself was pretty neat for the concept. I won't need to grind since the shop is pretty sparse for my wants this time, and I already bought what I do want, but I find myself missing a fifth copy of the Damage+ CE for MLB. Is it hidden in one of the last rooms or do I just need to grind until it drops? Because I'll wait for the rerun if the latter is the case.

https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=/iframe/2021/0401_1300dl_cp/

Goodies incoming. Been doing your Interludes? Here's a fat paycheck for Summer saving.

edited April 2021
    In the meantime, the AFD minigame is up. Quick little Missile Command-ish thingy with cute descriptions for the servants you collect:

4MGxNzK.jpg

Important advice. Excalibur requires a lot of calories.

Stolls on
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Madican wrote: »
    Event finished. It got a bit off-the-wall towards the end there with the nature of the corruption, but then swung right back into my favorite pseudo-philosophical bullshit of conceptual traits and weaknesses and effects that I absolutely love Fate for. Even had a neat little epilogue where I wonder when a certain Lancer is going to make her appearance and also justifies the appearance of Kama at Chaldea. Not to mention that lead-in to Lostbelt 4 to entice us further but that's several more months away I think.

Still have a couple more of the last hidden rooms to clear out. I got a bit impatient and decided to challenge Kama with half the bar remaining but it turned out alright. Brought my own Waver and Merlin and borrowed somebody's Sitonai with the Damage+ CE for the event. Was never really in danger but the fight itself was pretty neat for the concept. I won't need to grind since the shop is pretty sparse for my wants this time, and I already bought what I do want, but I find myself missing a fifth copy of the Damage+ CE for MLB. Is it hidden in one of the last rooms or do I just need to grind until it drops? Because I'll wait for the rerun if the latter is the case.

It's hidden in one of the rooms on the 5th floor.

Honestly, I had a blast with this event. Chickened out on the CQ (command seal revive) but felt bad and went back to do it properly... Parvati did most of the fight with good supports. Also threw a few tickets at Kiara just in case and picked up Yagyu, which... idk, I'm already overloaded on Sabers but I'm sure he has a nice personality.

Tenek on
    Had to share this with the thread after it was shared with me. Hopefully someone gets as sad as I was.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I get it and am sad.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Huge downloads celebration quartz dump for people with a large number of interludes done

Blew my stash immediately on four largely dead multis.

Then a single brought me Schez.

I am probably one of the few people who is genuinely elated to get her. Wanted her since her initial release.TAKE YOUR GRAILS, SCHEZZY.

And now that I have her, I can spend next year’s 5* ticket on someone else, probably Napoleon. It’s a win all around.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Easiest 130 quartz ever. Gonna wait for the second India banner before spending it lose it all to the Lord El-Melloi event.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    As usual, new mats suck.

LLteUkxl.png

BUnH6n8l.png

Took this long to pick up enough mats between shops, incidental drops, and a last burst of farming to finish these. Now 10/10/10 at least.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Gudaguda 3 rerun coming up, for anybody that missed Ryouma/Oryou last time around. I look forward to trying and failing to get Okita Alter a second time.

lNY6ANr.png

Also, a ten-roll for MHXA teased me twice, first with Herc and second with Pent for NP5. Not that I don't appreciate those two, but there are moments where the RNG is clearly enjoying itself a bit much.

Stolls on
    A Discord pal nudged me toward this here Okita model back when my stimulus check arrived, and at $30 USD (closer to 40 with standard shipping) it was close enough to my impulse buy range. I'm not much for collecting figurines - then again, I wasn't much for mobile games at one point - but I do like little desktop/shelf trinkets and she's one of my favorite characters from the game, so what the hell.
    i9vhO8u.jpg

Naturally, she looks better on the box, but I'm still fairly pleased with how it came out. While posable to some extent, some of the joints are a little more precarious than I was expecting, and tiny stickers for the feet, sleeves, eyes, and sword required let's say a considerable amount of patience (you can sorta see on the left arm where I got a bit sloppy, it's been ages since I put one of these together). Nonetheless, made for a fun couple of hours as she came together, and she's now guarding her shelf with pride and dignity. Daishouri has been achieved this day!

XoLhBna.jpg

"Can I at least guard the PS4 collection?"

I, uh, don't have one. Look, the gacha money had to come from somewhere. We'll jump on a PS5 with the rest of the stimmy later, promise.

Anyway, saving ammo for future banners but couldn't resist another try at MHXA, considering the tickets came alongside a login bonus of 30SQ. Wouldn't you know it, the invasion finally happened:

HzDFfmW.jpg

X and XX are gonna love this. Regardless, ST quickzerker with some crit star guidance is an interesting niche and I look forward to Skadi shenanigans with her. :+1:

Couldn't resist going for NP2 Okitan, and I got her. Dug a little more into my hoard than I wanted to, but I should have ample time to build up enough for... whatever I roll for next (summer?).

Stolls wrote: »
    X and XX are gonna love this. Regardless, ST quickzerker with some crit star guidance is an interesting niche and I look forward to Skadi shenanigans with her. :+1:

She pairs really well with Sakdi. You can get some multi-break bar boss loops going with her.

If you get her Bond CE (bonus Anti-Saber damage just like the other two Xs) she also makes a fantastic crit archer support. She generates tons of stars, doesn't absorb them herself, and can star bomb and funnel stars into one specific person (crit archer carry) on the team.

edited April 2021
    Wrapping up the event. Not a lot to say that wasn't said last time, but I really do enjoy the Gudaguda series and all its quirky little misadventures. Ryouma and Oryou are a great duo, feeling like one's cool big brother and his weird yet entertaining girlfriend. The DMX reference MHXA drops in her post-finale fight hits a bit differently now but still made me chuckle, and Skadi makes some interesting 4-turn strategies with Okita more possible for the CQ.

Took a whack at that myself with Andersen in place of Osakabe and it took 7 turns instead, which is more than good enough; I never get tired of seeing her demolish stuff. Someone else mentioned Lancer Ibaraki as an option and I need to use her more often, that defense piercing is legit handy for things like this.

Most importantly, after failing to get her last time, Alter finally woke up from her nap and showed up:

wJSkh1k.jpg

Missed you too. Okita, you play nice with your new sister now, alright? :+1:

Stolls on
  • CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    Decided to give the Waver prerelease a 10 roll and it payed off. If only I had the QP to max him before the event.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    New event, with Gray welfare, will begin in next 3 days:

dbq1meutuo45.png

Asthariel on
    Wait three days? I thought the prerelease was going to be two weeks? Good thing I skipped the Guda 3 rerun, I'm all set for another new event.

I still maintain that Gray is a super good welfare servant. I've heard other people call her weak, and I have to wonder if it's just because her NP is Buster? Either way, for the average player, she's super useful, since you don't really have to invest much in her for her to be good. 20% self NP charge without having to raise the skill level is convenient, and you get that welfare NP5 power with two skills that can boost it. She gets the job done.

Also Assassin Artoria. Kinda.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So I finally have a game-plan, and I haven't had one for this game in a hot minute.

June: Getting Arjuna

July: Seriously depends...I have an NP2 Summer Nobu, and that's a GREAT excuse to try and "NP5" hermaybenotsosecretlypullforNobunaga Avenger

August:....I'm not pulling for Summer Musashi...I am getting NP1 Bunny Ruler, that's it, I PROMISE, THAT'S ALL PLEASE BELIEVE M

October: SPACE ISHTAR, THE WHALEBREAKER, THE ANNILIRIN NP5 or DUST BAYBEEEEEEEE. It was a hard decision between Summer Musashi and Space Ishtar for this year's NP5. But Space Ishtar wins because I don't have to wait nearly a year for Castoria, AND Castoria makes her better too!

Dec: Gonna try and dime out an NP2 Orion for Summer BB/Bunny Ruler Shenanagins.

2022 actually looks like a pretty chill FGO year outside of Castoria and Literally a T-Rex for me. Gonna be nice to not have to fork out the wallet, especially since this year has a downright DUMB list of 5* NP5 candidates in Kama, Avenger Nobu, Space Ishtar, and Summer Musashi

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'm saving quartz/QP/Mats for Venger Nobu now. NP1 would be fine.

King Bunny in summer sure, we'll see.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    My main target is Da Vinci Rider, because after 2.5 years of playing, I still have no SSR Rider in my Chaldea.

If I get her relatively easily (I should have at least 800 SQ and 50 tickets when Anniversary begins), I am going to try both Summer 4 banners. All servants there are cool!

Going for Reines and Luvia...

111 Tickets:
    Single 1 - Whydunit CE #1
    Single 5 - 4* Event CE
    Single 12 - Enkidu NP2 (eh?)
    Single 38 - 4* Event CE
    Single 63 - 4* Event CE
    Single 71 - Whydunit CE #2
    Single 75 - 4* Event CE
    Single 88 - Whydunit CE #3
    Single 98 - Whydunit CE #4
    Single 99 - Be Elegant CE

jesus fuck

uhhh, well, that's at the edge of what I budgeted for this banner but I'm pretty tilted right now

Roll 1 - Whydunit CE #5, 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* Event CE, Whydunit CE #6

oh god my CE only luck really has kicked in why am I like this

Roll 2 - Astraea, Jeanne d'Arc, 4* CE

????? nevermind, what is going on this banner

Roll 3 - Suzuka NP2
    Roll 4 - 4* CE, Victor of the Moon CE, 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 5 - 4* CE, Suzuka NP3, Astraea NP2

you're not even on the banner Suzuka ahhhhhh

Roll 6 - 4* CE, 4* CE, Astraea NP3, 4* CE
    Roll 7- 4* Event CE, 4* CE
    Roll 8 - 4* CE, Astraea NP4
    Roll 9 - 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 10 - 4* CE, Whydunit CE, 4* CE
    Roll 11 - 4* CE, 4* Event CE, 4* CE
    Roll 12 - 4* Event CE, Ideal Holy King CE, 4* CE
    Roll 13 - Chiron, 4* CE, 500-Year Obsession CE

nevermind that's a sign, I'm done

pain peko

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Ouch. Same-class spooks are the worst.

I picked up NP2 Luvia and 1 of each CE in 60 SQ, I'm calling that a win. Saving for.. some summer, mostly Ishtar.

Went for Astraea, got Sima Yi. Looks like I can wait for SR ticket eventually

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I'm coming back to this game after abandoning it for quite a while

REALLY wish they didn't lock the new event behind completing the prologue for Lost Belt 3. Cuz now I have to fully complete the first two Lost Belts, and boy, this game sure still likes to have totally bullshit difficulty spikes in the final chapters, huh? I straight-up just used a quartz to revive on Lost Belt 1 Chapter 22.3, because there's no way I'm finishing that fight without a party wipe.

It'd be really nice of the main story balance wasn't built around having a perfectly optimized team.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh Spectrum that is true pain.
    I think I'm going to say 11 tickets and 30 quartz was bad enough, I will wait for a guaranteed SR ticket ... thing to get the Suplex Goddess.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
    edited May 2021
    Pain peko indeed, Spectrum. Sympathies from someone else who for some reason had Chiron show up for his attempts.

I wasn't too invested in the banner, so the 10-roll was mostly for event CEs. That said, it didn't provide any, so I tried one more time and got a much happier ending out of nowhere:

IeDgOuX.jpg

Other than two freebie SRs, Fran has shown up completely out of the blue every time. Considering active attempts while she was on the rate-up failed miserably, I'm not even going to guess at those odds. She's tricky to handle even with command codes for self-stun prevention and burn removal, but you look me in the eye and tell me she's not worth it.

ReFnYcp.jpg

(Resulting damage from this: 435,733. Incidentally, also 10/10/10'd Waver and dang but that shorter cooldown makes a world of difference.)

Love is when they can always surprise you one more time. :heartbeat:

Stolls on
    Stolls wrote: »
    Other than two freebie SRs, Fran has shown up completely out of the blue every time. Considering active attempts while she was on the rate-up failed miserably, I'm not even going to guess at those odds. She's tricky to handle even with command codes for self-stun prevention and burn removal, but you look me in the eye and tell me she's not worth it.
    I brought out Fran to slap around one of the CQ Memories for a 1.1m damage NP.

One makes do with what one has.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I do feel slightly absurd that my first question for every quest is 'Can I double Skadi this with Dantes or Mysterious Heroine X Alter?'

I do feel slightly absurd that my first question for every quest is 'Can I double Skadi this with Dantes or Mysterious Heroine X Alter?'

Same but Berserkalot

I've got Skadi with Np1 Berserklot, but I pretty much did not use them since last Gilfest - I am able to 3turn most of farming quests in most events anyway thanks to Arash - Waver - Nitocris - Okita Alter, or some different combinations depending on enemy types.

Of course, during next lottery event, Skadi will probably return to work.