As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gosh the vaccine anxiety is getting to me.

Most people I know are vaccinated, due to being medical or medical adjacent, and my partner has had her first shot and will be getting her second soon. I'll be eligible starting next week in Chicago, although it will be an absolute shitshow (I mean, it already is a shitshow, it's just a shitshow I'm not invited to yet), and I'm technically still in pretty good shape because I still have antibodies from having the virus back in November.

But still, every day I'm coming up with a new plan to take a hundred dollar cab to Gary Indiana and get vaccinated there. Just to get it done with.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Second dose done.

I had a video lined up of a dude in his room going "I got the vaccine" to the camera and then he turns around and front flips and crashes onto his desk destroying the whole thing but it appears to have disappeared off the internet. So just imagine that for me because it's really good.

if you break that desk you're not getting another one!

It's imported Italian maple!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Jugg will absolutely now go into a murderous fugue state.

we've always known it was coming

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

Hahaha

Yeah

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Hahaha

Yeah

sorry, hope i didn't offend

we know you'll just go kick a wal-mart until you get sleepy, don't worry

• Options

Hahaha

Yeah

sorry, hope i didn't offend

we know you'll just go kick a wal-mart until you get sleepy, don't worry

2dwof9uxptqj.jpg

• Options
    Those boys are all way too smooth to be you, Jugg. I know you are bebearded.

• Options
    I'm just off screen eating a chili dog and being asked by a cop to please put my shirt back on.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I have acquired my second shot (of vaccine) and am now ready to take two shots (of liquor) and kick whichever stores Juggs wants to kick.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I seriously hope the J&J vaccine works well enough for the pussy footing politicians of Denmark.

The AZ debacle moves back our vaccine schedule by a matter of days (Pfizer bless). If the J&J vaccine falls through, that's several months.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm just off screen eating a chili dog and being asked by a cop to please put my shirt back on.

Tell that cop to fuck off!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Tell all cops to fuck off!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I seriously hope the J&J vaccine works well enough for the pussy footing politicians of Denmark.

The AZ debacle moves back our vaccine schedule by a matter of days (Pfizer bless). If the J&J vaccine falls through, that's several months.

There's some wonder in Canada if they'll reopen AZ and J&J to more age groups given the super rarity of the clotting and that it's treatable

As of right now it seems like they're waiting to see what the US is finding about J&J

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    First shot down.

Pfizer-gang what what

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    First shot down.

Pfizer-gang what what

zcu6dryv6xom.jpg

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    make sure you rumble in the streets in a responsible way

• Options
    I'm a little Moderna boy please don't snap too hard at me

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My Moderna power level is scheduled to double Saturday morning.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Meanwhile us JJ’s are just fading into nothing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    My Moderna power level is scheduled to double Saturday morning.

it only goes up from 80 percent to 90 percent. barely worth getting!

(no more shots plz lol)

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Got my first Pfizer dose today! Only minor side effects so far, I blacked out for a minute after I got home which was scary but when I came to it turned out I had just ordered a personal subscription for Office 365 so it seems to be working as intended.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jabs booked!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It finally opens to everyone here in WA tomorrow so my partner will be looking to get an appointment asap.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I need a day anyway so I'm taking Friday off to get my second shot.

Also thinking about talking to my parents for a relatively short-notice visit in a few weeks. I haven't seen them in over a year.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Got my second Pfizer last Wednesday. Waiting for at least the two weeks for full effectiveness then might start scheduling various appointments such as annual health checkup, dentist, optometrist, haircut.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just got my second jab!

Almost on the other side

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I really hope the CDC announces soon that vaccinated people can set down their masks, if the science beats that conclusion out. I am acutely aware I haven't shaved in a week while wearing this.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna keep wearing a mask anyway

it makes other people feel better, and I like that it disguises me a little, hides my subtler emotions.

maybe buy a mempo and make it a fashion thing.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I really hope the CDC announces soon that vaccinated people can set down their masks, if the science beats that conclusion out. I am acutely aware I haven't shaved in a week while wearing this.

I doubt it. Out in public there is no way to tell if someone is maskless because they are vaccinated or a giant asshole. So better to stay masked up and help drive home the point that masks are important.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I want to ditch the mask when it's safe

I need to show off my new quarantine beard

• Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

I doubt it. Out in public there is no way to tell if someone is maskless because they are vaccinated or a giant asshole. So better to stay masked up and help drive home the point that masks are important.

I'd still wear it in public for that reason, but otherwise most days I'm in an office with one other person wearing it all day long.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Compliance is dropping though, which isn't great.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Masks are a good fashion accessory and I'm glad that they're finally in

• Options
    A fashion accessory that makes my eczema flare up in a way I can't wear dark shirts lest they have a permanent snowcap.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    beauty is pain, comrade

edit: I am getting acne around my maskface, which isn't quite as bad but it doesn't help anything.

I don't get easy to handle poppables, I got that cystic acne and am plagued with anxiety and wandering hands so I just unconsciously scrape the skin trying to reach that damnable spot

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Day after the second shot and I'm kinda stiff but not full on achey. But holy shit am I tired. I need to go get an oil change and get some groceries but I'm dragging and doing things seems awful.

• Options
    just take a nap homie, let the nanites do their work.

• Options
    I wish I could but I already slept hella late today and I go back to work tomorrow so I gotta keep my sleep schedule on track.

Gonna muscle through it and hopefully I'll crash hard at about 8 pm.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Better faster stronger. That's the goal.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the transmission risk is for people who are vaccinated?

Friend just set up a "Vaccination Celebration Dim Sum!" thing, and I get the urge since we're all vaccinated and past the waiting period, but I have no idea about the people working the restaurants and if we could transmit something to them.

This discussion has been closed.