As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    wow what an edge-lord

"i'm a demon i'm big and scary" that's him that's what he sounds like

Magic Pink on
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    "Also I was a demon prince before it became popular to pledge you soul to chaos. The gods are like total sellouts now. So lame"

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Oh thank god for some new Nighthqunt stuff. I see Harridans have a new/ replacement datasheet. Maybe they'll be worth taking.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The Emerald Host getting a proper book entry as well. They’re some good NH battalions from a WD article.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    So slaves to darkness is not in the book, even though that was the battletome Belakor showed up in, so is he just his own faction now?

The warcom article sounds like he's now leading an exclusively deamons army.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Some of the push fit stuff in the cursed city box is total garbage. I can't push the arm in for this big bat monster because the peg is on a little piece of jutting out plastic and it bends into the torso of the body when I try to push the arm into the peg.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    So slaves to darkness is not in the book, even though that was the battletome Belakor showed up in, so is he just his own faction now?

He has an all demon army in the Wrath of the Everchosen book, the previewed rules a direct copy paste from that.

And, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the push fit kits, I find it easier to clip the pegs off most of the time.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

He has an all demon army in the Wrath of the Everchosen book, the previewed rules a direct copy paste from that.

And, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the push fit kits, I find it easier to clip the pegs off most of the time.

They're still miles ahead of necromunda model design. Necromunda models are ridiculous.

akirasig.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Some of the push fit stuff in the cursed city box is total garbage. I can't push the arm in for this big bat monster because the peg is on a little piece of jutting out plastic and it bends into the torso of the body when I try to push the arm into the peg.

Any time you get a push fit kit the best thing to do is to cut down the peg a bit and just glue the piece together. This is the best way to avoid gaps amd other issues that can come up with push fit stuff

Stragint wrote: »

Any time you get a push fit kit the best thing to do is to cut down the peg a bit and just glue the piece together. This is the best way to avoid gaps amd other issues that can come up with push fit stuff

That is what I usually do though with Indomitus the Necron half had really solid push fit stuff so I was hoping cursed city would as well.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Some of the cursed city ones push together just fine, but some are just way too complicated. I understand it as an option for people who maybe just want to get the playing prices assembled, or just want it as a standalone board game, but if you're wanting to paint the pieces I'd recommend clipping the pegs off where necessary.

man pegs are life they are the best thing ever y'all are crazy

When they fit.

they fit fine! I put the whole box together no problem!

well, some problem i still got glue on my fingers despite not even using glue but you should see the unrivaled mess i make when i DO have to glue them

push fit is a god send

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Push pegs sound nice in general. My favourite option is ball and socket fit for dynamic poses, seems to get a pretty good bond with glue as well.
    I recall my old Tyranids mostly had socket arm joints which was pretty keen.

Witchsight.png
  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I had some push-fit models react strangely when dunked in the stripping tub for a couple weeks.

The ones without glue ended up separating their joins a little bit, and since then I've always used at least a little glue in the cavity.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    glue is the mind killer

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    glue is the mind killer

if you sniff it

Brainleech wrote: »
    glue is the mind killer

if you sniff it

how can you not it smells like playing outside in the sunshine and also glue

glue is the mind killer

if you sniff it

My neighborhood smells like detergent because someone is making meth

glue is the mind killer

if you sniff it

My neighborhood smells like detergent because someone is making meth

omg

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Fuuuuck that. I'd have tried harder to get a copy if I knew it was going to disappear completely.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Well that’s a shit.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Yeah, absolutely bizarre, there were prior community posts (now deleted) saying the opposite as well. I can only assume there's some sort of supply chain problem gumming things up? There's no way GW didn't expect this to be a big seller, especially if they're planning on pumping out expansion stuff like for Blackstone, it really doesn't make sense as a single-run product.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I suppose now would be a bad time to post that my copy just arrived

Yeah, absolutely bizarre, there were prior community posts (now deleted) saying the opposite as well. I can only assume there's some sort of supply chain problem gumming things up? There's no way GW didn't expect this to be a big seller, especially if they're planning on pumping out expansion stuff like for Blackstone, it really doesn't make sense as a single-run product.

Maybe they aren't going to do expansions now.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Well, I guess I saved a bunch of money, then.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    edited April 2021
    Burnage wrote: »

Fuuuuck that. I'd have tried harder to get a copy if I knew it was going to disappear completely.

i saw a bunch at b&m stores, they probably just want to make sure those sell through first

Magic Pink on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

i saw a bunch at b&m stores, they probably just want to make sure those sell through first

Combination of the above and probably going to break the box into smaller sets to sell separately for more money.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    It'd be tough to break the box down, all the heroes are mixed on one and half sprues, the major villains on another sprue, and the minor baddies on two identical sprues. Only the big bad is on his own sprue.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, communication has been pretty poor and contradictory, maybe they'll conveniently find a bunch in a warehouse somewhere in a few months.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    It'd be tough to break the box down, all the heroes are mixed on one and half sprues, the major villains on another sprue, and the minor baddies on two identical sprues. Only the big bad is on his own sprue.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, communication has been pretty poor and contradictory, maybe they'll conveniently find a bunch in a warehouse somewhere in a few months.

Well, too late; I've decided not to buy it now.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

people were already pre selling each hero and such on ebay for around $25 to $35 dollars. I feel know that price will sky rocket in a few days

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I haven't built mine yet, because I played at a friend's house with his copy. There is a dark part of me that wants to sell the set piecemeal and make a bunch of money.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Be'lakor is a beast:

32h3dx2nuvkh.jpg

Several units are being updated in the book:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/16/six-of-the-best-units-in-broken-realms-belakor/

I assume these updates will get rolled in to the respective factions battle tomes whenever they're updated.

Rumor now is because of Brexit the game can't be made and be profitable enough because of tariffs so the whole line is dead.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Rumor now is because of Brexit the game can't be made and be profitable enough because of tariffs so the whole line is dead.

I don’t know if I buy this

The game went up on price by 33% and it sold out in 2 minutes

Also, brexit still impacts the rest of their business

That would be a bummer. Bit why this line in particular? The cardboard? What makes it different to other product lines?

edited April 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    That would be a bummer. Bit why this line in particular? The cardboard? What makes it different to other product lines?

No idea but maybe. WQ in general seems to have a lot more tokens, map pieces, cards etc then their other stuff

Magic Pink on
    Vanguard wrote: »

I don’t know if I buy this

The game went up on price by 33% and it sold out in 2 minutes

Also, brexit still impacts the rest of their business

They have slimmed down all the other lines in response as well. Less stuff for the same price, less extras

This discussion has been closed.