As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    It's easier, and much less frustrating, to get Lollapalooza tickets than to try to snag a hot Lego set.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    VIP under maintenance one min before release.

That's one way to stop the bots, I guess. :D

Actually this is due to the bots hammering away at it... Watch as once it comes back up they'll show it sold out.

Well yeah. Except they were hammering from before the promo went up.

I'm also growing more and more curious about this blue wyvern with rider that is being shown on the right.

wza718w6wdu5.png

Been through too many rodeos like this lately so not surprised.

Yeah, I love that graphic of theirs.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Holy shit I think I got one on my mobile device.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    And now that I said that I got through and have a promo code to add a Ulysses to my next order :P

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I got the reward center to load but it's all tickets to stuff no probe

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

You have to go further down to a different section under rewards.

• Options
    Woo! Yep, looks like we got them!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I sometimes saw a subset of the rewards (legoland tickets) but when I saw the vidyo stuff and the full set, including coloring sheets and the like, that's when it showed up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Ketar wrote: »

The entire page of wasn't loading, it didn't even have the discounts listed.

But got my code! Woo!

Now what to buy...

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think I bought one?

Lots of errors. It took my points and cleared my cart. My bank says the money is outgoing for the random other thing I bought.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    @Librarian's ghost

I don't see you in here so I want to make sure you know it's working. :)
    Now what to buy...

My first thought was the Lantern festival - sold out.
    Next was ISS - sold out.
    Next was power functions for my fairgrounds sets - sold out.

Uggggh. :(

• Options

The entire page of wasn't loading, it didn't even have the discounts listed.

But got my code! Woo!

Now what to buy...

Nice! I just bought some brick sets and base plates (rumor is these are going to get an early retirement).

THEN CRAP! Tried to buy it and now it shows an error.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I resisted sets I would like since I have a rather large backlog at the moment, and opted for a Raya and the Last Dragon set for my daughter's birthday. Even the Ulysses probe is going to go to my wife and son, since they're the space nuts in the family and build all of the other space sets together.

Oh well. Still feels good to get some cool stuff for them :D

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I think I bought one?

Lots of errors. It took my points and cleared my cart. My bank says the money is outgoing for the random other thing I bought.

I'm not holding my breath since the other day we put in an order and it never worked. Card got preauth, but the order just never existed. I've read this happening to other VIP offers (the space coin) but no idea if it worked.

Edit: Ok, yep shows as went through. Hit refresh and your order should show up. I also did a second check by adding stuff back to the cart and trying to use the code and it errors. So if your VIP order errors then it worked.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Well the code they gave me says it was redeemed so here is hoping.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I think I bought one?

Ditto. I logged back into lego.com just now though and went to my Account page and it shows the order under Latest Order with all of the right date, total cost and whatnot, so I think it will be ok.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    So it's not safe to assume that the VIP code is kind of a "reserved" product? Like I should redeem it now, no matter what?

Edit: Got through checkout and then got a "something has gone wrong..." No confirmation email.

Athenor on
  • Options
    So it's not safe to assume that the VIP code is kind of a "reserved" product? Like I should redeem it now, no matter what?

No idea, unfortunately. It feels like it should be reserved, but I didn't want to take any chances.

• Options

No idea, unfortunately. It feels like it should be reserved, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Fuck

• Options

Yeah, I don't take anything for granted since I bought a Nebulon B and after a few days I got the "order delayed" then "order cancelled". Lego CS apologized and said they oversold.

Sorry all for sounding all negative in this thread about the probe. Just too many pre-order events getting shafted by bots the last 12 months made me really bitter. I'm seriously glad that everybody seemingly got a probe!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ooooh, now I'm gonna be livid.

I placed my order, but got the error screen. I clicked away from it to check my order status, and it doesn't show up. So I went to order the same thing again and now it says my code is invalid.

I suspect I'll need to be reaching out to Lego later today...

• Options
    Okay. Order is showing up in my order status list, but still no confirmation email. I've sent an email to customer support because all the chat / call reps are busy.

Hey, Lego? You are the ones making these sets... you could always make more...

• Options
    Okay. Order is showing up in my order status list, but still no confirmation email. I've sent an email to customer support because all the chat / call reps are busy.

Hey, Lego? You are the ones making these sets... you could always make more...

I got my confirmation email a few minutes ago.

I've had confirmation emails take up to a day to show up, even for just regular orders with no items I had to rush to get. Timeliness on those has never been a strong suit of lego.com.

• Options
    Yeah. Got my email now too.

So the reward is showing as redeemed in my rewards center... and it's also showing as sold out.

That means there was a window of less than 30 minutes there to get ahold of one. The bots locked out the redemption page until 8:10, and the whole website has had issues since.

I wish Lego could do something about this. I would've thought being linked to VIP points would have prevented some of this, but of course the bots have those points too.

• Options
    Looks like getting the code was the easy part. Lego refused my credit card then errors out trying to use PayPal

• Options
    Confirmation email got!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Refused two credit cards won't process paypal either. I guess I'll just wait an hour see if the code is still good

Yeah my credit cards are showing charges and so is paypal but the website keeps erroring out so I'm gonna wait a bit until trying again

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Refused two credit cards won't process paypal either. I guess I'll just wait an hour see if the code is still good

Good luck to you. Being denied at the payment stage hurts. :(

Edit: Doesn't Lego also have over the phone shopping? Might be an option too.

Athenor on
  • Options

Good luck to you. Being denied at the payment stage hurts. :(

Edit: Doesn't Lego also have over the phone shopping? Might be an option too.

I was just on hold when a confirmation email showed up for the PayPal order with Ulysses included...

So I guess I'm going to keep that email handy and see what happens if a charge stays on my credit card.

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Got my order in for the Ulysses Probe set. I had a Mario expansion set waiting in the wings for the $35+ order free shipping. But yeah, the reloads and wait times were painful and I wasn't sure if my order actually went through since I got an error message at checkout, but my PayPal account showed a pending process and I just got a confirmation email from Lego.

• Options
    I'm so happy that everybody here seemingly got a Ulysses Probe. Next step is landing and build photos.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Omg did I miss my shot at the probe?! Uggggggghhhh

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Check the site, the rewards section shows it as "Redeemed" for me, but not "Sold Out" like the coin.

• Options

Check the site, the rewards section shows it as "Redeemed" for me, but not "Sold Out" like the coin.

It says sold out for me :(

• Options
    Boo! I'm very sorry, it was kind of a shit show earlier as you can see.

Today I learned to use PayPal for all timed releases, though. It said there was an error but somehow went through anyway, as opposed to my credit cards which also errored but didn't.

• Options
    I guess If it doesn't have any crazy pieces I can just make my own but still. Blurgh. I check this thread like three times a day usually and this is the first time I haven''t haha.

• Options
    I guess If it doesn't have any crazy pieces I can just make my own but still. Blurgh. I check this thread like three times a day usually and this is the first time I haven''t haha.

Man that sucks. Yeah, hopefully someone will put the instructions online and you can make your own. What am I saying, of course someone will put the instructions online. I made my own Yoda lightsaber that way thanks to parts. Just don't have the fancy sign on mine since I need to wait for that part to ship, print out my own label and stick it on there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah... the only thing that might be exclusive is the nameplate. And again, hopefully this was enough of a shitshow that Lego will make more.

• Options
    Yeah... the only thing that might be exclusive is the nameplate. And again, hopefully this was enough of a shitshow that Lego will make more.

I read some rumors that they delayed the release date to today in order to make more. Honestly this should have been included in the Discovery with Hubble. All exclusives/limited runs do are make fans hate the company and make scalpers happier.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The Brick fan has a pretty good write-up on the debacle.

And it was a debacle.

The worst part? Apparently the scalpers are selling 'em for $200+.

Lego. Seriously. What the fuck.

This discussion has been closed.