As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5sbuorlqM

We've been getting a lot of trailers for big dumb action movies so far this month, but this might be the worst one yet.

Is that off brand Nathan Fillion in that?

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    ah yes, kangaroo jack is now gritty and murdery
    anthony anderson also seems to have lost a lot of weight

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    That endangered species trailer.... I don't know if they super chopped up the dialog in that trailer, but all of the line reads in the first half of it are abysmal. It sounds like they are cutting individual words out of other sentences like a magazine ransom note. There's digital stuff to do this now automatically and I wonder if its getting used in post a bunch.

steam_sig.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's taking place in generic "Africa" as the characters repeatedly state
    Every wild animal there tries to kill the protagonists
    White protagonists
    White antagonists
    One black person in a single scene with no line

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    sounds about white

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Something about that Africa movie rubs me the wrong way, but I can't figure out if it's the plot or that the main male lead is gasping for air when he talks no matter the scene.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also can we just admire the fact that after a few years in prison? since the events of F8, Charlize Theron got to keep her bowl cut.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    My feeling with F&F, which bubbled with 7, surfaced with 8, and really hit with Hobbs and Shaw, is that it now has a bunch of posers at the helm now, for lack of a better term. People who jumped on with 6, which was when it felt like it really meme'd itself with Dom surviving flying off a car into a windshield and the endless runway and Paul Walker's death. Somehow stealing a bank vault and driving down the street is quaint.

It wasn't a linear franchise in terms of quality, but it felt like it made sense up to 6. 7 is when it went big time global in terms of popularity and made more money than Avengers 2 so now Universal makes it have as big a global appeal as possible, but I just can't shake the feeling that in this stupid car chase franchise it's lost sincerity. For the quaint days of Dom stopping an engine block from squashing a guy's head with unbelievable physics and strength compared to being Batman level six steps ahead and having a woman literally go "I'm just second best, why don't you go to first love oh BTW we have a kid I never told you about oops you got me killed UwU."

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

We've been getting a lot of trailers for big dumb action movies so far this month, but this might be the worst one yet.

there's something so odd about that main guy in this movie... he's like a parody character designed by Crispin Glover

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It is really weird that the F&F franchise has a very specific pattern.

The first movie in four (1,5) is good. The second (2,6) is good with one exception. The third (3,7) is okay, and the fourth (4,8) is bad.

sig.gif
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    What's the exception on 2?

2 is horrible outside of the first race.

Rat-bucket.

sig.gif
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Rat-bucket.

Yeah that whole sequence is pretty fucked up and kinda dumb.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    2 is absolutely one of the worst movies I have ever seen. They only got two of the main cast back and it was the worst two. The fact that it wasn’t straight to video was a miracle

wbBv3fj.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    God that bit with the leopard in the Endangered Species trailer was hilarious. Nothing in the actual movie could be that entertaining. Dissapointed to see it's from the director of Rogue, which was actually legit good for the most part.

Edit: Wait! Never mind! I was thinking the giant-crocodile movie Rogue. This guy is of the Megan-Fox-shoots-folks-in-the-desert movie Rogue. That makes a lot more sense.

BloodySloth on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    oh man after reading this, i am now locked in for this army of the dead movie
    https://decider.com/2021/04/13/tig-notaro-army-of-the-dead-trailer-recasting/
    apparently they erased chris d'elia from the movie and greenscreened in tig notaro

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    DanHibiki wrote: »

there's something so odd about that main guy in this movie... he's like a parody character designed by Crispin Glover

He looks like John Hamm and Clive Owen got into a telepod from The Fly together

I don't think I've ever seen one person look so much like two people at the same time before.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    With Army of the Dead, is that saying it takes place in his Dawn of the Dead universe? Is this a sequel?

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    DOesn't seem so, the zombie infection is localised here, not everywhere.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

He looks like John Hamm and Clive Owen got into a telepod from The Fly together

I don't think I've ever seen one person look so much like two people at the same time before.

I think there may be some Robert Redford spliced in.

I was wondering if that was more "wave 1 died out and enough humans were able to take them out, so this is 5-10 years later or something"

With Army of the Dead, is that saying it takes place in his Dawn of the Dead universe? Is this a sequel?

no, that would require paying royalties, and why do that when you can just Tom Paris it?

I was wondering if that was more "wave 1 died out and enough humans were able to take them out, so this is 5-10 years later or something"
    The TV in the beginning of the trailer talks about how Las Vegas was being walled off, so the whole thing is pretty recent. My guess is the city is being nuked or otherwise set on fire (hence the explosions in the trailer) and this is the only chance to get the money before it's more than likely toasted or buried under way too much rubble to dig out.

sig.gif
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    oh man after reading this, i am now locked in for this army of the dead movie
    https://decider.com/2021/04/13/tig-notaro-army-of-the-dead-trailer-recasting/
    apparently they erased chris d'elia from the movie and greenscreened in tig notaro

Honestly they should have done that from the start, greenscreen and all.

i have seen Chris D'elia acting and his act and he his adept at playing one thing: Creepy douche aka himself. Like I even watched the Whitney Show with Whitney Cummings and if you had told me he was a stand up comic I would not have believed you. If you had told me he was a mediocre(i.e. mediocre in comparison to other mediocre actors) sitcom actor, I would.

I think there is one shot of Notaro in the trailer and she looks the part perfectly. Like yep that is a professional helicopter pilot right there.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    "From the Director of Silent Hill: Revelations" is the biggest anti-flex I've seen and I wouldn't ever put that out on a resume.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

Yeah. This movie feels like it was created from nothing by some kind of AI and we're living in a simulation.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

The thing that throws me is how obviously miscast he is.

Everything about his wardrobe and acting choices speak to the character being a bit of a pushover, who has to rise to the occasion over the course of the film.

But the actor is such a Muscley McStrongjaw type that it is jarring.

She's got paint on her overalls~!

sig.gif

The thing that throws me is how obviously miscast he is.

Everything about his wardrobe and acting choices speak to the character being a bit of a pushover, who has to rise to the occasion over the course of the film.

But the actor is such a Muscley McStrongjaw type that it is jarring.

yeah, you'd have to be Arnold Schwarzenegger to pull that kind of thing off.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Meh. Looks bog standard. Nothing stood out except for the Razorfist appearance. You could have said this is a new Lionsgate or Legendary fantasy action franchise and I'd believe you.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    https://youtu.be/Gj2iCJkp6Ko
    LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS VOLUME 2 | Official Trailer | Netflix

Yes yes yes Fuck yes

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    volume 1 was soooo good.

TheBigEasy wrote: »
    volume 1 was soooo good.

seriously. each episode was like a mini-event somehow.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Meh. Looks bog standard. Nothing stood out except for the Razorfist appearance. You could have said this is a new Lionsgate or Legendary fantasy action franchise and I'd believe you.

True its not another shitty gerard butler film for him to growl over so I see why you don't like it

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Speaking of season 1:

There will be a book with all the source stories behind the episodes.

Preacher wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

True its not another shitty gerard butler film for him to growl over so I see why you don't like it

Shang Chi wishes he could be as amazing as Mike Banning.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

Yes yes yes Fuck yes

looks really good! (also that song is from the Hereditary soundtrack!)

the first season had some great moments but uh... was really bad in certain ways. Most of the stories used rape or violence against woman as a major plot point, there was a ton of pretty unnecessary female nudity and some of the stories fell pretty flat. And of course any male nudity was fleeting or used for laughs.

LIke, zima blue was really cool and original, and I enjoyed the werewolf, mechs fighting bugs, the desert story, and the soviets fighting ghouls.

but idk, it seemed like a good half of the stories was centered on a woman being brutalized in some way, usually in a highly sexualized manner

hoping the next season doesn't use that as such an omnipresent plot point, the trailer looks really intriguing!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Yes yes yes Fuck yes

looks really good! (also that song is from the Hereditary soundtrack!)

the first season had some great moments but uh... was really bad in certain ways. Most of the stories used rape or violence against woman as a major plot point, there was a ton of pretty unnecessary female nudity and some of the stories fell pretty flat. And of course any male nudity was fleeting or used for laughs.

LIke, zima blue was really cool and original, and I enjoyed the werewolf, mechs fighting bugs, the desert story, and the soviets fighting ghouls.

but idk, it seemed like a good half of the stories was centered on a woman being brutalized in some way, usually in a highly sexualized manner

hoping the next season doesn't use that as such an omnipresent plot point, the trailer looks really intriguing!

Seems almost like this season isn't as adult, more like fairy tales.

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.