As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Hotel Room-Share Thread

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
The hotels have been announced, so here it is, your PAX 2008 Room-Share thread. Here's how it works, if you have a hotel room with space to fill, use this format

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
Hotel/Venue:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots available:
Notes:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:
Cost:

If you need a place to crash for you and/or your friends, use this format

NEED A PLACE
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
Notes:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

So, that's pretty much it. Please keep posts in this thread to either looking for space, or have space available posts. To talk about the hotels, use the hotel discussion thread.

Important quote below
This is my annual plea to please use the hotels linked from this page: http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/hotels.php

Reason: the City of Seattle (and the convention center) measure the success of PAX by the number of hotel rooms booked. Kind of weird, but that's how they do it. The only way for us to track that number is by you guys using the discount codes--specifically, the PAX discount codes--for the official hotels.

If you book elsewhere, or book through a reseller like Hotwire, or use a AAA code or some other random discount, then you're not counted. That warrants a sad face because unless we show a big number to Seattle, they won't let us have more room next year.

So, please: use the official hotels. They're awesome, they're familiar with PAX, they're deeply discounted, and they're the closest hotels to the convention center.

Thank you!!!

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have an arrangement with The Green Tortoise where PAX people can get booked into the same dorm. I have a thread up here for information, sign-ups and discussion.

That_Guy on
  • Mr_SnuffleMr_Snuffle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Arrive in LAX on the 26th. Training up to Seattle. I'll arrive on the 28th.
    Date Leaving: 1st Sept
    Spots Needed: 1
    Notes: I'd like a private bedroom, but that might not be an option. A room in the party block with a nice view would be nice. Must be able to put up with Australians :P
    My Age: 25
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Don't care
    Best Contact Method: Email. mr.snuffle@gmail.com - Contact me and I can call you to arrange details

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is my annual plea to please use the hotels linked from this page: http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/hotels.php

Reason: the City of Seattle (and the convention center) measure the success of PAX by the number of hotel rooms booked. Kind of weird, but that's how they do it. The only way for us to track that number is by you guys using the discount codes--specifically, the PAX discount codes--for the official hotels.

If you book elsewhere, or book through a reseller like Hotwire, or use a AAA code or some other random discount, then you're not counted. :( That warrants a sad face because unless we show a big number to Seattle, they won't let us have more room next year.

So, please: use the official hotels. They're awesome, they're familiar with PAX, they're deeply discounted, and they're the closest hotels to the convention center.

Thank you!!!

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    I just quoted that post in the OP for added visibility.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

If you book elsewhere, or book through a reseller like Hotwire, or use a AAA code or some other random discount, then you're not counted. :( That warrants a sad face because unless we show a big number to Seattle, they won't let us have more room next year.

Thank you!!!

It's too bad that they do it that way... I mean, I bet if all the PAX attendees booked at those hotels, we'd have all three filled up and would need more room elsewhere. Seattle's low-balling us! =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited January 2008
    If history has taught us anything, Khoo and Feh will have to negotiate with those hotels for more rooms and other hotels as well as the year wears on.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2008
    Oh! And also, the rates we offer you can actually get refunds on, whereas places like hotwire and such don't have cancellation policies if something pops up.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Indeed. you can book your hotel and cancel like 24hours in advance. Not that you should DO that but it's worth it to book it now and not have to worry if you find out in 5 months you cant go.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • dkembledkemble Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: 1 bedroom apartment in Kent
    Date Arriving: n/a
    Date Leaving: n/a
    Spots available: 1 full size futon, one couch, and lots of floor
    Notes: See below
    My Gender: My wife and I
    Your Gender: Either/or
    Best Contact Method: dgkemble@gmail.com
    Cost: Negotiable

My wife and I are opening up our 1 bedroom 820squarefeet apartment for the PAX weekend. We are located in Kent (20 miles south of downtown Seattle). Now I know it's not next to PAX, but for those who don't have much cash, or don't care about the party scene, this might be for you.

We are located 2 miles from Kent Station (Bus station), and there is a bus that leaves from Kent to downtown Seattle every 15 minutes (takes about a hour from Kent to Seattle). What I would probably do is try to arrange everyone staying to pile into my car and travel down to the bus station. If you want to go earlier, there is a bus that goes from my apartment down to the bus station. I believe the last bus leaving Seattle runs at 1am.

The cost right now is negotiable. I will probably set a firm price later on, but it will be noticeably cheaper then the hotels. Also, my wife may cook breakfast :-D

Also, we do have a cat. If that's a problem...well this might not be for you.

We are willing to host around 3 to 4 people depending. If you are flying into Seattle, we may be able to arrange some sort of transportation to/from Kent.

Please be sane. Also we have a shower. Please use it.

dkemble on
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Sunday/Monday?
    Spots Needed: 1/2?
    Notes: May travel with a friend if he doesn't dick out again. All I need is a place with a roof and 4 walls, hotel or apartment, whatever you got. Must be touching Seattle or on bus line (I like to walk, saving the whales and such).
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Best Contact Method: Here or by email (PM for more info).

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • ShineyBlueShoesShineyBlueShoes Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Likely Filled by a bowlofpetunias

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Hotel/Venue: The Grand Hyatt
    Date Arriving: Thursday August 28
    Date Leaving: Monday September 1
    Spots available: 1
    Notes: Non-smoking room, 21 or up preferred but we can discuss that. Booked to conincide with the CCST so if you're going to be a part of that or it's your first time and are attending by yourself (like I am) think that would be cool too.
    My Gender: Male 22
    Your Gender: Either
    Best Contact Method: shineyblueshoes@gmail.com or PM
    Cost: $781.46 total for the room and want to split it evenly so let's call it $390.

Sure I'll come up with something to add at some point.

ShineyBlueShoes on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have one opening available as of 8/15/08
    If You need a place, send me a message.

Hotel/Venue: Sheraton
    Date Arriving: Thursday August 28
    Date Leaving: Monday September 1
    Spots available: 1-3.
    Notes: Non-smoking room. Currently it's just myself, and I'd like to share with at least one person, but I'm not adverse to having Three to four people total in a room to cut costs. All I really care about is that we're all respectful of each other. I would also prefer 21+ in case we decide to party but this is negotiable.
    Your Gender: Either.
    Best Contact Method: PM or archgarth@gmail.com
    Cost: 781.46 total, and we'll split costs per person.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Woot, found a place. Thanks Archgarth!

NEED A PLACE

Date Arriving: Thursday, August the 28th

Date Leaving: Sunday, August the 31st or Monday, September the 1st (I'm flexible).

Notes: I am awesome. You want me in your room, trust me. I have permacasted level 9 "Aura of Good Fucking Times" on myself, and my mere presence will make the party better for you and anyone else in a 50 ft. radius. I don't smoke (but don't mind if you do), I'm clean, responsible, incredibly respectful. I will pay you well in advance, as well as buy you drinks/chip in for gas. I'm pretty much the perfect roommate (and I'm modest too). Oh, and I'm 23.

Your Gender: I have no preference and love you all already

Best Contact Method: Email at waffleboi9@yahoo.com

To anyone who offers to host me, thanks in advance! I look forward to a great fuckin weekend with you!

waffleboi9 on
    edited February 2008
    Just a reminder to people, when you find a room or fill up your room, please edit your post to reflect your current status.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• xGunCrazyxxGunCrazyx Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Not attending this year...

Have fun everybody!

xGunCrazyx on
    kirbfortressbydrakelakegh5.png
  • OnassiOnassi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving: Thurs
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Notes: 18 y/o Canadian going to PAX #2 (gonna be better prepared this time :P )
    My Gender: male
    Your Gender: either
    Best Contact Method: PM me through the boards

Onassi on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SirSchweinSirSchwein Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have a room now
    /*
    Need a place
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Spots needed: 1-2
    Notes: I am 18, but am not averse to parties. If my friend comes, he'll be 18 as well.
    My gender: Male
    Your gender: no preference
    Best Contact Method: email at gebendedsleid@gmail.com
    */

SirSchwein on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    UPDATE - I got the hookup from Stalefish. Thanks!

Need a place
    Date arriving: Thursday
    Date leaving: Monday
    Spots needed: 1
    My gender: Male
    Your gender: Don't care
    Best contact: PM here
    Notes: I'm 24, non-smoker, and shower regularly. Prefer a room at the Sheraton. Also, if nobody has room and if others are still looking, I'd be happy to book and provide space for others. Just let me know.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    All spots are filled as of 4/11/08 - Will update if anything opens up again

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Date Arriving: Thursday evening
    Date Leaving: Monday morning
    Spots available: 0
    Notes: I'm going to be arriving via the WCTT, so it'd be preferable (but not necessary) to have roommates that are also arriving via the train. Also, 21+ please.
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: PM
    Cost: $195 if all spots are filled

Oh, there'll be a Wii in the room.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DStalefish wrote: »
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Spots available: 2 (Possibly a 3rd)
    Notes: I'm going to be arriving via the WCTT, so it'd be preferable (but not necessary) to have roommates that are also arriving via the train. Also, 21+ please.
    Cost: $195 if all spots are filled

Oh, there'll be a Wii in the room.

Not to rain on your parade, but last year we couldn't hook anything up to the TV because they had those stupid black boxes around the inputs.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Both my spots have been filled

JonnyNero on
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    UPDATE - SPACE TAKEN
    I'll leave this up in case it becomes available again.
    Spots available: 1
    Notes: I have no idea when I'm going to arrive on Thursday, so I'd like to limit this to one person at the start as I can put your name on the room.
    Costs: If you're a poor college kid who's not sure if you can afford to attend PAX, I'd be willing to put you up pro-bono as long as you don't smell and don't snore too loud. Drop me a PM if you want to play to my sympathies.

Pb on
  • SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving:Thurs. Evening
    Notes: 25 y/o Law Student. Need someone that is not outrageous, because I will have some books with me and will need to do some studying while I'm there (stupid law school starts the week before).
    Your Gender: Don't care as long as you are 21+
    Best Contact Method: PM, AIM (TacsimSWATJester) XBL (Sierra Five), email swatjester@gmail.com

Prefer to stay at one of the nicer hotels. Will pay my share, plus the minibar expenses that I will incur (I will keep track for my host).

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    RESERVATION CANCELLED
    Hotel/Venue: Seattle Sheraton
    Date Arriving: Thursday afternoon
    Spots available: Two
    Notes: Other then the fact that I don't have a solid number of how many spots are open. The room is non-smoking, and hopefully you don't mind a sleeping bag. I am 21+ if that is something you'd like to know. I tend to be a pretty silly guy and a late sleeper too... just as a warning. I'll be bringing either a Wii, 360, or both. However I'll defiantly need controllers for both, and good games are always valued.
    Best Contact Method: AIM at Crustyrailgun2, over PM, or possibly email (ask over PM for it). Email though isn't the best since I check it pretty irregularly.
    Cost: If all six spots are filled, then $165 a person...

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's yet to be confirmed if I'm going, but...

NEED A PLACE
    Date Arriving:Thurs Eve/Fri Morn
    Date Leaving: Sun Eve/Mon Morn
    Spots Needed:1
    Notes: I'm 17, coming from Australia, will be jetlagged. Non-smoking preferred.
    Best Contact Method: PM or yayaPAX@live.com

YaYa on
  • King NadaKing Nada Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Basically we're making what's called a "McDonald's Pizza" which is a pizza topped with two cheeseburgers, fries, and mcnuggets. I'm not saying you HAVE to eat it if your staying with us. But it would be a nice gesture.
    I have my own room, but I want to see / try this concoction of yours.

King Nada on
  • ShineyBlueShoesShineyBlueShoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dear god that makes my heart hurt just reading about it.

ShineyBlueShoes on
    edited February 2008
    You heart, shit, it makes my stomach turn knots just thinking about eating something like that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It actually kind of turns me on.

No, no, not really. When I was in Buffalo, NY, I had a buffalo chicken pizza...and god damn was it good.

I had three heart attacks immediately following it...but it was so worth it. :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Can you really call it a "topping" if it takes up most of the volume?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Can you really call it a "topping" if it takes up most of the volume?
    Yes, until the term "bottoming" becomes a common word.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wow... the power of McDonalds pizza is indeed overwhelming.

I would allow people to come by and have a slice... although with that said. Shouldn't this topic you know... get back onto the actual reason for it's creation?

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Update: I'm sorted now, so don't worry about me :)

Date Arriving: Most likely Thursday evening
    Date Leaving: Either Sunday night or Monday morning, still undecided (I imagine who I end up staying with will impact this decision)
    Notes: I am incredibly British. I don't drink, but I don't mind hanging out with people who do.
    Your Gender: Not fussy
    Best Contact Method: Email (don't forget to remove the obviously fake bit)

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited February 2008
    YaYa wrote: »

NEED A PLACE

Okay, definitely going, but really searching for a hotel room...

YaYa on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

NEED A PLACE

Not going to see if SE hotel plans come through?

Dee Kae on
    edited February 2008
    Dee Kae wrote: »

NEED A PLACE

Not going to see if SE hotel plans come through?

There's SE hotel plans?
    Would they kill me if I showed up because I think they would.

YaYa on
  • Loser4NowLoser4Now Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    GOT ONE.

Loser4Now on
  • horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Found a place.

horseman85 on
    PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

NEED A PLACE

me and my friend will be going im 17 and the other 2 are 18 if you want we can share a hotle

casper702 on
  • TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    [UPDATED]

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE
    Date Arriving: 8/28
    Date Leaving: 9/02
    Spots available: 1 (maybe more if you don't mind the floor...)
    Notes: Non-smoking. (Let's hope for a balcony) 2 Double beds (one of which is occupied)
    My Gender: Male, male and Female.
    Your Gender: Preferably female (spousal request.) But if you can be a clean guy, that may work too.
    Best Contact Method: AIM: TerribleAutonomy, Email: cyraxwins@gmail.com, PM: Sure, why not?
    Cost: $245.00 (tax and other hotel fees included)

TomExMachina on
This discussion has been closed.