As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    There is no way to simply counter secrets (and frankly, most of the ways they've made to 'counter' secrets have been cards that are too bad to put in your deck). The method is simply the same as it's always been: sequence your plays in an order where you feel that you've mitigated the worst case scenario for secrets.

Dunno, Eater of Secrets was pretty dece as a one of, especially during the days of Christmas Trees

The rest though yeah. Kinda not super great.

wait what, wasn't Eater was omega trash? I don't remember that ever seeing a second of play

the only playable secret tech cards were flare, bc cycling is good, and Kezan Mystic because stealing the secret is the sort of powerful payoff you need to justify running a narrow tech card that's useless in most matchups

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Eater was a 4 mana 2/4 so it was a horrible draw in non-Secret matchups. That said, I did have it played against me on rare occasions when I played Secret Mage in Wild, because I guess some people just hated Mages that much.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    There is no way to simply counter secrets (and frankly, most of the ways they've made to 'counter' secrets have been cards that are too bad to put in your deck). The method is simply the same as it's always been: sequence your plays in an order where you feel that you've mitigated the worst case scenario for secrets.

Dunno, Eater of Secrets was pretty dece as a one of, especially during the days of Christmas Trees

The rest though yeah. Kinda not super great.

wait what, wasn't Eater was omega trash? I don't remember that ever seeing a second of play

the only playable secret tech cards were flare, bc cycling is good, and Kezan Mystic because stealing the secret is the sort of powerful payoff you need to justify running a narrow tech card that's useless in most matchups

I said "dece as a one of" not that it was good. But there were times when you'd slam it against a full Christmas Tree and make them instaconcede.

Kezan Mystic was arguably the best one though yes.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    trying rally priest after the nerfs and theres one major flaw with the deck, which is that it has a 0% winrate vs control warlock

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    trying rally priest after the nerfs and theres one major flaw with the deck, which is that it has a 0% winrate vs control warlock

There’s a Wild Quest Toggwaggle Priest that uses Rally. It’s pretty funny when it works.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Based on what I’ve seen, which is obviously early, Mage does not seem that much worse, since they are still able to draw one million cards per turn.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I’m having way too much fun with this:

My Mrrggls That Mrrggurgle

1x (0) Lightning Bloom
    1x (1) Animated Broomstick
    2x (1) Armor Vendor
    1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
    2x (1) Toxfin
    2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
    2x (2) Devolve
    2x (2) Dirty Rat
    1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
    2x (2) Ice Fishing
    2x (2) Jade Claws
    2x (2) Novice Engineer
    2x (2) Questing Explorer
    1x (3) Bog Slosher
    2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
    1x (3) Spirit Echo
    1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
    1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
    1x (5) Antique Healbot
    1x (9) Shudderwock

Code: AAEBAYHaAwr1D5fHAsPqAu/3AouFA+GoA5XNA/DUA/zoA6juAwqcAtG8Ava9At/EAovOAojoArWYA7ulA6reA5LkAwA=

So far it's taken me from about 1400 NA Wild Legend to about 900. It doesn't really bother to try to go infinite with Shudderwock, just to be super-annoying and create huge Jades and tons of golems. Also, Flurgl + Toxfin + stuff to bounce them is filthy when you can get the combo going.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Based on what I’ve seen, which is obviously early, Mage does not seem that much worse, since they are still able to draw one million cards per turn.
    I'm not surprised. Spell Mage still performed decently even when it didn't hit the early Lunacy. Incanter's Flow, Spring Water, Apexis Blast, and then the various greedy generators still gave the deck a fighting chance. I'm just curious if it will still be correct to run Lunacy or if it'll get replaced with something else.

• Options
    turns out in order to win games of hearthstone i just needed to disengage my brain

no thoughts, head empty, go face

### SMOrc
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
    # 2x (1) Demon Companion
    # 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 2x (1) Wolpertinger
    # 2x (1) Wound Prey
    # 1x (2) Headhunter's Hatchet
    # 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
    # 2x (2) Quick Shot
    # 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
    # 2x (4) Knife Vendor
    # 2x (4) Piercing Shot
    # 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
    # 2x (4) Scrap Shot
    # 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
    #
    AAECAairBAKP4wO/oAQOorkD+boD/7oD3MwDm80Dos4DgtADudIDtOEDhuID3OoD2+0DqZ8Eu6AEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    The nerfed Watch Posts has probably helped Face Hunter out. I imagine you'd still want to trade/eliminate the Posts though? At least in the early game, lest the huge tempo loss over the next few turns take the game away from you.

Also aggro decks almost always benefit from the earliest days of an expansion/nerf meta as jank reenters the picture.

• Options
    Kargal will refund full dust soon so don't dust him yet

They made the change because of the watch post nerfs

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I think that might be the first time they've refunded a Legendary that was gimped by the nerf of cheaper cards?

Edit: I'm going to be making like 7k dust from this patch. Guess it might be time to craft Kazakus with the earnings.

forty on
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    Edit: I'm going to be making like 7k dust from this patch. Guess it might be time to craft Kazakus with the earnings.
    Oh damn, I'm up 7k dust and haven't even dusted Kargal yet. I had a golden Sword and 5 normal ones.

I might end up re-crafting some of these things eventually. Will have to see what survives after the dust settles.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I think that might be the first time they've refunded a Legendary that was gimped by the nerf of cheaper cards?

Sort of, its been a case-by-case basis. Mechengineer Thermaplug didnt get a refund despite the leper gnomes getting nerfed, but when they removed Genn/Baku early, they hall of famed every even/odd specific cards.

This definitely seems more on the side of the latter situation, as that card is useless without the towers, unlike Mechengineer.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Ehhh, the Genn/Baku thing was literally removing the failed experiment of odd/even decks from Standard, so not HoFing everything would make no sense there. Technically Watch Posts and Kargal are still playable and have the same synergy they always did. Also in the Genn/Baku case it was the legendaries getting whacked primarily.
    Beasteh wrote: »
    turns out in order to win games of hearthstone i just needed to disengage my brain

no thoughts, head empty, go face

### SMOrc
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    AAECAairBAKP4wO/oAQOorkD+boD/7oD3MwDm80Dos4DgtADudIDtOEDhuID3OoD2+0DqZ8Eu6AEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    Was this an autocomplete deck? I got exactly this deck from autocomplete myself...

forty on
  • Options
    FYI if anyone was a dumb dummy like me and dusted Kargath already you'll be refunded a further 1200 dust soon

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Brawl is a joke if you do Druid with: Patches, Embiggen and Mark of the Lotus.

Turn One of six 7/7's.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    By no means optimized, I am fooling around with this Hunter deck that allows me to summon endless Rhinos.
    ### Rhino wut u did lst smmr
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Arcane Shot
    # 2x (1) Lock and Load
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 2x (1) Wolpertinger
    # 2x (1) Wound Prey
    # 2x (2) Headhunter's Hatchet
    # 2x (2) Quick Shot
    # 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
    # 2x (2) Selective Breeder
    # 2x (2) Tame Beast (Rank 1)
    # 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
    # 2x (3) Deadly Shot
    # 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
    # 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
    # 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
    # 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
    #
    AAECAa/XAwKDuQPj1AMO/7oDos4DhuID6ukDmuwD8OwD2+0DqZ8Eqp8E5Z8EuqAEu6AEvaAEv6AEAA==
    #

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    My return to HS on a casual climb of ladder has been pleasant so far with Kibler's face DH (I'm just in Gold tho)
    ### KiblerFace
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Battlefiend
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Illidari Studies
    # 2x (2) Chaos Strike
    # 2x (2) Immolation Aura
    # 2x (2) Wandmaker
    # 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
    # 2x (3) Eye Beam
    # 2x (3) Relentless Pursuit
    # 1x (4) Felsaber
    # 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
    # 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
    # 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
    # 2x (6) Bladed Lady
    # 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
    # 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
    #
    AAECAea5AwLaxgP04wMO2cYD/tED3dMDxd0DzN0D8+MDwvEDgIUEg58Etp8E0p8E1J8EsqAE7KAEAA==
    #
    Also helps that I have a bunch of DH cards from the previous expansions in my collection

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    hunter deck is much improved by barak being able to tutor mankrik

### SMOrc
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
    # 2x (1) Arcane Shot
    # 2x (1) Demon Companion
    # 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 2x (1) Wolpertinger
    # 2x (1) Wound Prey
    # 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
    # 2x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
    # 2x (2) Quick Shot
    # 1x (3) Mankrik
    # 1x (4) Knife Vendor
    # 2x (4) Piercing Shot
    # 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
    # 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
    # 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
    # 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
    #
    AAECAairBAS04QOP4wPl7wPn8AMNorkD3MwDos4DgtADudIDhuID3OoDn+wD8OwD2+0DqZ8Eqp8Eu6AEAA==
    #

• Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Brawl is a joke if you do Druid with: Patches, Embiggen and Mark of the Lotus.

Turn One of six 7/7's.
    Ugh.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    High priest thekal/molten giant/oh my yogg! is one that caught me by surprise

I just went fireball encanters flow refreshing spring water and won on turn 4

Beasteh on
  • Options
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I thought Blitzchung quit Hearthstone.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Are you talking about the Hong Kong thing? Originally he had a 12 month ban and they were going to withhold his prizing, which was reduced to a 6 month ban and full prizing. He was signed by Reynad's organization in the first month of his ban and he's played in every GM season since.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

It's still annoying as hell on turn 4 but it's not turn 3 crazy anymore. You just have to deal with everyone playing Warlock now.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I've altered my Warrior deck a little to survive the early onslaughts better and have a bit more draw. Rattlegore is your power tool versus Warlock and Ysera is great versus Paladin to get rid of all the librams.

### ConTROLol
    # Class: Warrior
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Athletic Studies
    # 2x (1) Stage Dive
    # 2x (1) Sword and Board
    # 2x (3) Bladestorm
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 1x (3) Lord Barov
    # 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
    # 1x (4) Outrider's Axe
    # 2x (4) Rancor
    # 2x (4) Sword Eater
    # 1x (4) Whirling Combatant
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
    # 2x (5) Scrap Golem
    # 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
    # 1x (7) Overlord Saurfang
    # 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
    # 1x (9) Rattlegore
    # 1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer
    # 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
    #
    AAECAaCrBAq+uQOT0AOr1APA3gO/4AOO7QOW7QOq7gOwigS0igQKuLkDzb4D9sID4swDitADtd4Dwd4Dj+0D1fEDiKAEAA==
    #

What do you guys think?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    rattlegore has some weird coding where the moment you put in your deck, control decks you face start adding silas darkmoon, and draw + play it the turn you play rattlegore

PS MMMNOOOOO MORE TICKETS

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Have not seen a silas yet, but once they start, I can add one myself ofcourse.

Tickatus will always be a problem random wise, but so far I see them favoring wanting to wait untill I have added C'Thun to the deck to mill him, as this deck draws so fast they are afraid you already have all the pieces.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm disappointed that I'm not seeing more Nozdormu matches in highlight compilations. Come on you cowards, he's a 8/8 for 7 that with no downside! But of course, a 7-mana "do nothing" is never going to see play.

Blizzard, you've created an amazing card that sees no play. Make it 7/8 with Taunt. Let's put some spice into the game!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that I'm not seeing more Nozdormu matches in highlight compilations. Come on you cowards, he's a 8/8 for 7 that with no downside! But of course, a 7-mana "do nothing" is never going to see play.

Blizzard, you've created an amazing card that sees no play. Make it 7/8 with Taunt. Let's put some spice into the game!

Make him an 8/8 for 6 but he's free if your opponent ever ropes

• Options
    If he is a 8/8 for 6 everyone will play him.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

It would really shake up the meta. A big Prisoners Dilemma.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »

It would really shake up the meta. A big Prisoners Dilemma.

I like the idea that he is free if the opponent ropes, though!

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I did pogo, shadowstep, and secret passage for Brawl. Not completely busted, but still pretty good.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I went mage: incanters flow, refreshing spring water, fireball. turn 4 you can get obscene 30 damage kills, Not nearly as bad as rogue like Koopah has (saw that one twice) or the druid embiggen. I played shaman draw 2 overload 2, lightning bloom, the giant that's cheaper with each overload point played. you can get potentially 0 giants on turn 1-2.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Hong Kong thing? Originally he had a 12 month ban and they were going to withhold his prizing, which was reduced to a 6 month ban and full prizing. He was signed by Reynad's organization in the first month of his ban and he's played in every GM season since.

oh wow good on tempo for that move

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Nozdormu always was and always will be dumb because many people play on devices where 15 second turns are essentially unplayable.

Also there are a lot of decks with interesting interactions that become literally unplayable in blitz time. If you like SMOrc decks and zoo everywhere, then that's about all you'd see in a world where everyone is playing Noz.

• Options
    I think “if your opponent didn’t press ‘end turn’, reduce the cost of this by 2” would be fair. A turn three 7/7 is fine, for some measure of fine.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    alright pro tip: never ever use hysteria on trampling rhino

e: okay piercing shot does NOT work the way you would expect it to work vs divine shields

just piercing shot a divine shield 1/1 and it did 5 to my face for lethal??

Beasteh on