As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The US Congress

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Best guess is they’re trolling to generate outrage so they can grift money from their rubes supporters.

I wouldn’t look for a reason deeper than that.

I think 1 is doing that. The other is a psychotic from banana town who believes the crazy.

• MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Best guess is they’re trolling to generate outrage so they can grift money from their rubes supporters.

I think 1 is doing that. The other is a psychotic from banana town who believes the crazy.

Given I can't tell which you think is the rational grifter, and which is the lunatic, I'm going to have to ask which you think isn't a psychotic from banana town.

I'm guessing you think Boebert because Greene is a Q-natic, but Boebert does appear to be batshit too, well before she ran. Just because she's ALSO a grifter (see travel allowances), doesn't mean she isn't also neck deep in the kool-aid

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Monwyn wrote: »

"Your party is not valid"

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    MorganV wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

Given I can't tell which you think is the rational grifter, and which is the lunatic, I'm going to have to ask which you think isn't a psychotic from banana town.

I'm guessing you think Boebert because Greene is a Q-natic, but Boebert does appear to be batshit too, well before she ran. Just because she's ALSO a grifter (see travel allowances), doesn't mean she isn't also neck deep in the kool-aid

Boebert is a failed entrepreneur that found it's easier to make money off her constituency's gun obsession as a politician. Greene posts videos of herself attempting to fracture her own spine on a pull-up bar. They are both utter morons but Greene is dialed up to 11.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Tom Cotton wants me and anyone who ever went to a left-wing protest, dead.

I do not like him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/opinion/tom-cotton-protests-military.html

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

The next time I meet Dick Durbin I need to buy him a bottle of something. He isn't getting paid enough to have to deal with Tom Cotton being a dumbass on his Committee. Because, as noted, this won't stop anything. It will just waste some time being an obstinate obstructionist that makes unanimous consent motion require a 30 second show of hands. Assuming he even bothers to show up to committee work.

moniker on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's stupid fucking performative theater for his constituents and whatever conservative news sewer outflow that needs a snippet of material to disgorge and gush over. It's not going to change a fucking thing, but it's something he can use to impress the chuds with next time he comes up for an election.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like to thank Tom Cotton for showing why Manchin's bipartisan push is stupid. Like this is the GOP, Cotton isn't an outlier he's an indicator. They are stupid, petty, and only want to stop democrats from governing, there is no bipartisan with that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    God the 2024 primaries are going to be a shitshow. Cotton, De Santis, Kemp, Hawley and Cruz all racing to the bottom to win over the MAGA crowd

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »

Manu Raju wrote:
    Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert were the lone two members to vote against a bill that would reauthorize the National Marrow Donor Program, which matches bone marrow donors and cord blood units with patients who have leukemia and other diseases

The bill passed 415-2

Manu Raju is CNN's Chief Congressional Correspondent.

?????????

This kind of bill is a political slam dunk. Easy peasy squeeze the lemon obvious good news and vibes. Even the other Republicans there voted for this. Do these two idiots (in the very contested running for stupidest person in Congress) think that this is involved with aborted fetuses somehow? Or are they just voting against everything?

I have no idea. I almost don't want to know.

Greene keeps making motions to adjourn the House (or she was, maybe leadership got in her face), so her goal is nothing but disruption and/or not passing anything. Same with Boebert minus the motions to adjourn. There is zero consequence for these reps' votes because their voters didn't send them to DC to govern. They sent them to be culture-warriors.

We have a guy like that in our State Legislature. Votes no on just about everything (even stuff the rest of his party votes unanimously for) or yes on stuff most people vote no on, throws every monkey wrench he can find into proceedings, has been disciplined by his party multiple times (including being censured by the Legislature) and even had a failed primary challenge from the Right. His constituents love him so he's probably not going anyway.

After several years of this, he somehow used the process of mitosis to create a second one of himself, so that's fun.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    God the 2024 primaries are going to be a shitshow. Cotton, De Santis, Kemp, Hawley and Cruz all racing to the bottom to win over the MAGA crowd

And it'll all be for naught if Trump runs.

Regardless if it's a defense strategy against the lawsuits ("political persecution!"), or just for the grift.

I mean, it's clearly not to actually DO the job. He had four years of not doing that.

But if he runs, that's four years those toadies have pissed away. Eight if he loses, and runs again in 2028 (for one or both of the above reasons).

They've all tied themselves to that anchor.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Solution: The Judiciary Committee passes a rule that you have to actually be able to say the word "judiciary" in order to serve on the committee.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    If Tom Cotton had any kind of personality he'd be the most terrifying Nazi in the country.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

Because Tucker is pushing it, and they are getting their marching orders from the nazis now. Outwardly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

The only thing they are going to be competing for is who gets to most slavishly rim Trump's honeyed anus on stage.

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

The only thing they are going to be competing for is who gets to most slavishly rim Trump's honeyed anus on stage.

Not exactly a winning move when trump is probably going to be on that same stage.

edited April 2021
    Gaddez wrote: »

Not exactly a winning move when trump is probably going to be on that same stage.

If Trump runs, no-one else will. Hope that gives them an incentive to backstab him over the next 3 years. I'm sure most senior Republicans have enough to bury him. Of course, they'd have to do it anonymously.

CelestialBadger on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

If Trump runs, no-one else will. Hope that gives them an incentive to backstab him over the next 3 years. I'm sure most senior Republicans have enough to bury him. Of course, they'd have to do it anonymously.

I mean, they had the opportunity to do that in january and 43 of them blanched.

That wasn't anonymous. I'm thinking more of incriminating documents or recordings of meetings.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

No one of them was willing to stick their neck in the noose. Something we're also starting to see with the mob Trump sent after them.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any insight into the reputation "punchbowl news" as a source? They are claiming an "America First Caucus" led by Greene is recruiting House members on a platform of "common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" which is straight up Klan language.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What could they backstab Trump with that his base would care about? Dude’s been in multiple sex scandals, bribery, corruption, and an insurrection that killed a cop and his own supporters. Wether they believe any of that or not doesn’t even matter.

All these cowardly ghouls are probably waiting for him to just die or something.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    T
    Butters wrote: »
    Does anyone have any insight into the reputation "punchbowl news" as a source? They are claiming an "America First Caucus" led by Greene is recruiting House members on a platform of "common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" which is straight up Klan language.

Daily Beast is running with this as well and they're generally reliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    T

Daily Beast is running with this as well and they're generally reliable.

It’s on WaPo as well

Edit - with this bit of context as well:

“ Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who faces federal and House Ethics Committee investigations over allegations of sexual misconduct and illicit drug use, tweeted that he was joining Greene in the caucus. “We will end wars, stop illegal immigration & promote trade that is fair to American workers,” he said. He denies all the allegations against him.”

jmcdonald on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I appreciate the Republicans pulling off any facade of not being the KKK/Nazis.

I wonder how long until Gaetz's buddy Ro Khanna will sign on to that caucus since he agrees with Matt on much of that and thinks we should find bipartisan solutions.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Preacher wrote: »
    I wonder how long until Gaetz's buddy Ro Khanna will sign on to that caucus since he agrees with Matt on much of that and thinks we should find bipartisan solutions.

I do not think the 2nd gen indian immigrant is going to sign up for the anglo saxon architecture and white pride caucus Preach.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I do not think the 2nd gen indian immigrant is going to sign up for the anglo saxon architecture and white pride caucus Preach.

Sorry I'm late guys, we talking about Bobby Jindal today?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

I just wish it made more of a difference among the electorate.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

what in the fuck are you talking about

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Khanna has made noise over the last months (years?) about working with the GOP and Gaetz on a variety of fairly harmless stuff. Obviously this is kind of naive but w/e.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Because Tucker is pushing it, and they are getting their marching orders from the nazis now. Outwardly.

Not just Tucker Carlson - it's Fox News policy now. Lachlan Murdoch has no problems with it and is going to wink and nod and assist it. Not that racism wasn't already baked into Fox, of course, but with the right-wing echo chamber, there's nowhere to go but more extreme and louder with everything.

Honestly I've been expecting Cawthorn or one of the other super-extreme brainwashed insane people to do a mass shooting directly in Congress. I've been dreading the day. There's more than one reason why the crazies have been pushing to try to be armed in the Capitol; it's not just theater to them - it's wrasslin', and they're the types to claim that wrasslin' is real.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/progressive-rep-ro-khanna-says-he-and-republican-rep-matt-gaetz-work-together-well_3750936.html

Prior to Gaetz being outed as a sex criminal, Khanna was doing joint fox news appearances with him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    moniker wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

I just wish it made more of a difference among the electorate.

It does! It's very popular!

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

https://www.theepochtimes.com/progressive-rep-ro-khanna-says-he-and-republican-rep-matt-gaetz-work-together-well_3750936.html

Prior to Gaetz being outed as a sex criminal, Khanna was doing joint fox news appearances with him.

I know it's supposed to be a direct quote from the guy, but can we not link to The Epoc Times.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay

Angle-Saxon political traditions - like restoring the Queen of England to her rightful place as American head of state? Finally, after 300 years! Huzzah!

Oh, she just means white people.

Carry on.

I have no idea who they are, that was just the first link that had his statements like a week before Matt Gaetz is a sex criminal blew up and Khanna quietly went "Oh uhh we only ever just worked together and only with aids present"

pleasepaypreacher.net

Link says he was willing to work with the GOP on like ending wars and getting manufacturing jobs. Sure sounds like he's a shoe in for Gosar's white people party.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.