As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Fucking scalpers are scum. This whole movement of turning every last collectible and hobby into a commodity drives me up the wall.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Fucking scalpers are scum. This whole movement of turning every last collectible and hobby into a commodity drives me up the wall.

To be fair, if it wasn't a commodity it wouldn't be a collectible...

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I personally hate the people who buy from the scalpers as well. They're the other half of the problem.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It definitely feels like a back order system would be ideal. I really like sites like Entertainment Earth because you can have a standing order for months or even longer and if perchance it restocks you get first dibs. It's not perfect but I'd rather do that than trying to fight bots to get stuff in my cart.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

hey would you be interested in an non fungible token of your post, limited edition? I can get you in for $500, trust me you can't find these in stores anymore

Doodmann wrote: »

To be fair, if it wasn't a commodity it wouldn't be a collectible...

I would be perfectly happy with a "pay now" they make as many sets as ordered and it shows up a year later.

I am so sick of this shit of setting alarms spending twenty minutes reloading webpages trying to guess when orders go through and then waiting days to see what charges stick and who I have to call to get them off.

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Brolo wrote: »

hey would you be interested in an non fungible token of your post, limited edition? I can get you in for $500, trust me you can't find these in stores anymore

How much did the first ever Twitter message post sell for again? :biggrin:
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I personally hate the people who buy from the scalpers as well. They're the other half of the problem.

Sometimes folks are left with little other choice so I'm on the fence on this sentiment. It is most definitely a supply and demand issue though.

I've given up on trying to find and purchase an affordable Nebulon-B, for example, since I missed that narrow window. You win some, you lose some.

Raiju on
    I'm still mad the Nebulon B didn't win the UCS poll.

I collect mostly vehicles and I really want an UCS Nebulon B and an XWing and Bwing to go with my other ships.

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm still mad the Nebulon B didn't win the UCS poll.

I collect mostly vehicles and I really want an UCS Nebulon B and an XWing and Bwing to go with my other ships.

I'm in the same boat. I'd love a new UCS X- and B-Wing to go with the rest of the Rebellion UCS fighters.

I'm fairly confident that a new UCS X-Wing will be made in the next five years or so. The B-Wing, I'm far less confident about so I've been eyeing sealed ones on the aftermarket.

I also voted for the Nebulon-B in the fan vote over the Clone Wars Gunship.

Raiju wrote: »
    Sometimes folks are left with little other choice so I'm on the fence on this sentiment. It is most definitely a supply and demand issue though.

I've given up on trying to find and purchase an affordable Nebulon-B, for example, since I missed that narrow window. You win some, you lose some.

Yeah I'm talking more about those people who are lazy and will pay the outrageous prices just because they can. You are right there are some situations that leave people unable to purchase things the few minutes they go up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    They had a 2nd UCS X-wing just a few years ago, so I think another is a ways out. I think the B-wing got it's one shot and is done.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    They had a 2nd UCS X-wing just a few years ago, so I think another is a ways out. I think the B-wing got it's one shot and is done.

A few years ago was 2013, so another may be closer than you think.

steam_sig.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    The Nebulon seemed like a very accurate build, but a boring one.

I just built the UCS Batmobile and the UCS Millenium falcon, and I had way more fun with the Batmobile because mechanically it does some really cool things. The MF was an awesome build, but outside of a few cool parts (the guns, the walkway ramp, and some of the interior), it felt like I could have just bought a gunpla of the MF and would achieve the same results.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    In a toss up between the Ecto 1, movie Batmobile, and the Batwing does anybody have an opinion on which is the more fun build?

On an unrelated note, I don't understand the appeal of the lego brick sketch things.

edited April 2021
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The Nebulon seemed like a very accurate build, but a boring one.

I just built the UCS Batmobile and the UCS Millenium falcon, and I had way more fun with the Batmobile because mechanically it does some really cool things. The MF was an awesome build, but outside of a few cool parts (the guns, the walkway ramp, and some of the interior), it felt like I could have just bought a gunpla of the MF and would achieve the same results.

I loved the MF and if you are right, I can't wait to build the Batmobile. For me, Lego will always beat out a model kit since if I get tired of my Lego model I can always break it down to rebuild into something else. At least that's what I tell myself so I don't buy all the awesome newer model kits out there.

Edit:
    In a toss up between the Ecto 1, movie Batmobile, and the Batwing does anybody have an opinion on which is the more fun build?

On an unrelated note, I don't understand the appeal of the lego brick sketch things.

Are you talking about the "photo" ones? I bought one to make a memorial photo of my dog so that was my appeal of it. Lego is a huge part of my life and so was my dog (plus she would love when I built sets on the bed with her) so the combination is fitting for me.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

I built the Batwing and Batmobile, and have the Ecto-1 waiting for me.

The Batwing was kind of boring, honestly. It did some creative stuff with the curvature of the wings, but otherwise it was kind of bland. Also the cockpit of the batwing was shockingly disappointing, relative to the rest of the build. I had to double check that I didn't miss something when I finished it. That being said, it is a really good looking set.

The Batmobile was one of my first major sets as an adult, and I had an absolute blast with it

Ecto-1 seems like it'll be in the same vein as the Batmobile, so I'm psyched to get to that before I have my first born in July.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Edit:

Are you talking about the "photo" ones? I bought one to make a memorial photo of my dog so that was my appeal of it. Lego is a huge part of my life and so was my dog (plus she would love when I built sets on the bed with her) so the combination is fitting for me.

Pretty sure the Brick Sketches are the small character headshots.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mickey-mouse-40456

I could see them being interesting to get a bunch of them and frame them in a shadow box or something. But for just a one off kit they don't really appeal to me either.

see317 wrote: »
    Edit:

Pretty sure the Brick Sketches are the small character headshots.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mickey-mouse-40456

I could see them being interesting to get a bunch of them and frame them in a shadow box or something. But for just a one off kit they don't really appeal to me either.

Ah ok, yeah those are interesting. I figured they would be neat in an office cubicle. I've been tempted to get the BB-8 or the First Order Stormtrooper for wall art from time to time.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Athenor wrote: »
    The Brick fan has a pretty good write-up on the debacle.

And it was a debacle.

The worst part? Apparently the scalpers are selling 'em for $200+.

Lego. Seriously. What the fuck.

I have been googling almost every day for news on when this was gonna finally launch. Maybe I wasn't looking at the right Lego rumor mills, but all I could find on Monday was the news about the original delay.

Of course I forgot on Tuesday, and then less than 24 hours later it was already here and completely sold out. I hate this kind of shit...

Probably will see how much the pieces cost on bricklink, but definitely fuuuuuck scalpers.

Taximes on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I only knew because of this thread.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    I was only able to post it here because of the VIP newsletter

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The new Ecto-1 has some really fun technic elements

• pezgenpezgen Registered User regular

Once again, I’m torn between my reluctance to give a penny to Rowling and my desire for that sweet phoenix model.

And the chess set. Chess set is nice.

• tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Lego city is really dull at the moment and it's my kids and my favorite series to build, unless there's some cool 3-1 sets. I really dislike that this seasons special theme seems to be "stuff with road plates".

Stuff with road plates is not as cool as lego Mars mission from last year!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Every time new Harry Potter stuff comes out I ask where is my large scale modular castle line!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm kind of annoyed that the chess set is even harry potter themed. Just make a cool Lego chess set! I refuse to buy it because of the HP connection.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of annoyed that the chess set is even harry potter themed. Just make a cool Lego chess set! I refuse to buy it because of the HP connection.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-iconic-chess-set-40174

?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

?

That one is boring looking though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

?

That one is boring looking though.

I always regretted never buying this one.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-pirates-chess-set-40158

oosik_betsuni.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

8Y91wb1.jpg
    GncGnX3.jpg
    UaHf5jF.jpg
    SH5QY1Y.jpg

y9Ck537.jpg
    DH8N0nkh.jpg

I've always wanted this one to come back.

Yeah I agree. Rowling, by this point, has like quintupled down on some real grotesque views.

A fan built Ulysses probe using parts they got from Pick a Brick (Lego).

https://www.stonewars.net/lego-news/ulysses-instructions/

oosik_betsuni.png
    Holy Hell @ that chess set...

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm terrible at chess but I'd display that and never use it for fear someone absolutely trounces me

Thanks for the previous advice. Just ordered the Ecto 1 along with the probe. I'm going to definitely have to start retiring a few sets to make room.

Thanks for the previous advice. Just ordered the Ecto 1 along with the probe. I'm going to definitely have to start retiring a few sets to make room.

Wait, is the probe available again or did you get a code in that slim window a few days back?

Yeah, I got my code previously.

Damn. :(

I just got my shipping notice, so at least that makes it much more real. I do like that MOC Ulysses though... I suspect that it uses parts that aren't in active production, though.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    We just finished Diagon Alley so of course Hogsmeade comes out. If a Knockturn Alley set ever comes out I'm done for.

Damn. :(

I just got my shipping notice, so at least that makes it much more real. I do like that MOC Ulysses though... I suspect that it uses parts that aren't in active production, though.

The designers said it used parts in active production (aka, used parts from Pick a Brick) but they are in Germany so mileage may vary.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.