As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I had my second shot earlier today. I remain impressed by how efficient it was to get it at a large site here (Moscone Center in San Francisco).

Also just tentatively made plans to go see my parents in a couple of weeks.

ASimPerson on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I was just dancing across the bathroom while triple checking that I had my alarm set for getting my second shot tomorrow, when I looked in the mirror and

oh

right

You're 41 and have sleep problems. Eye bags for days. My hair is super floofy though!

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Got a second unexpected after-dark knock at my door this week. This time, when I got to the door nobody was there, but there was a large bag of delivery food on my porch. No address on the receipt. Dammit.

So I went and changed into outside pants and shoes and a coat so I could go on a neighborhood delivery quest, and by the time I got back to the porch the food was gone.

I hope it got to where it was going. Or else there are some racoons under my front porch just having a party tonight.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Sounds like you have Borrowers

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    What a stupid series of events.

Yesterday I get my notification fomr the state that theres a vaccine appointment available a town over. GREAT! I rush to get it confirmed as my slot was only open for the next 30 minutes... some furious password reset schenanigans later(yes we require in addition to other things an alternate character but you have to guess which are valid and which are not!) i get it squared away. All set to get vaccinated Saturday afternoon.

Except it wasnt for this afternoon it was for yesterday. SO a moment ago i go to check my confirmation email and it was yesterday at 2 not today. I am f-ing furious(mostly at myself for not noticing) they gave me a slot scheduled for an hour after I got the email.

So im sitting here fuming at my stupidity and go to findashot.org just for whatever reason since theres never appointments outside of 3am and.... theres one at the Walmart in town for Monday.

Oh. Well good then i guess.

So preemptive hooray for getting hit up with Moderna in a couple days. My sister had a bad reaction to her Moderna she got yesterday but her constitution is a bit compromised after years of being underweight between highschool and her 30s. My fat ass can absorb all those nanobots gleefully and worst case im laying down for the afternoon.

edited April 2021
    Heading out to get my second shot!

Edit: second shot get, am now immortal

Weaver on
    There is a couple here in the waiting area playing a harp and banjo!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have received my first dose of nanites, soon I will be incomprehensibly powerful.

3clips3 wrote: »
    I have received my first dose of nanites, soon I will be incomprehensibly powerful.

How's the collective, mah distinct individual?

Ha-ha

Individuality is an antiquated concept.

edited April 2021
    Ugh I'm tired, everything hurts and my skin is dry.

edit update oh yeah here's the fatigue

Weaver on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The old fauci ouchie

PiptheFair wrote: »
    The old fauci ouchie

nAvatar_6169.jpg

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I have now taken my father for his second shot, everything has gone smoothly so far. I Hope the side effects go smoothly.

ugh eff this I'm gonna try to make coffee

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    6 days till my second shot

I'm not looking forward to the side effects.

But I am looking forward to having antibodies.

PiptheFair wrote: »
    The old fauci ouchie

Gonna steal that one. I've been referring to people calling in sick with vaccine side affects as having "the vax jimmies."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Good news is my Two-Dose Blues lasted for one day and by the next morning I was fine.

I'm a lateral boss I write my own schedule, also lots of other people's schedules, but that's not important right now. I normally work Sun-Thur but hah no I'm off the next two days. Schedule this *fatiguely gestures with eyebrows*

Ok fuck this my hands are like bad leather now.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I ended up working today and probably should not have, woke up still with a mild fever and a miserable headache, but I had already taken the past two days off so I felt obligated

Whatever I'm basically through it now

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I'm about 30 hours out from my second shot now. I woke up this morning with what felt like a really mild hangover, which considering that I drank a fair bit last night might've just been a mild hangover. Most arm soreness is gone now.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    APH gave me an appointment date on 4/20 and as funny as that would have been I had to cancel because we’re already super behind on work because I just a vacation and don’t think we could afford me losing time to the come down.
    Pretty bummed but hopefully I can get another opportunity soon.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    APH gave me an appointment date on 4/20 and as funny as that would have been I had to cancel because we’re already super behind on work because I just a vacation and don’t think we could afford me losing time to the come down.

Work will still be there. Take care of yourself first.

ASimPerson wrote: »
    I'm about 30 hours out from my second shot now. I woke up this morning with what felt like a really mild hangover, which considering that I drank a fair bit last night might've just been a mild hangover. Most arm soreness is gone now.

Loving your Av/Sig/title motif. Verify distance to the American vessel. One ping only.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

I mean sure, we’ll have just missed several install dates at that point though. Either way it’s a done deal, there’s no recourse for un-cancelling my appointment.

I mean sure, we’ll have just missed several install dates at that point though. Either way it’s a done deal, there’s no recourse for un-cancelling my appointment.

That sounds like a work problem, not a you problem. If there's no slack for someone having a sick day, you need more people!

That sounds like a work problem, not a you problem. If there's no slack for someone having a sick day, you need more people!

I mean yes, we do need more people. They cut our department to the bone over the pandemic but like have you never had a circumstance where it would cause a problem to miss time? Like I didn’t plan on getting into it but I had like a week and a half off and that would have likely been fine but one of my other coworkers had a sudden death in the family and missed most of last week overlapping with my time off. So we’re not really in a good situation and me taking more time off won’t get us out of it.

I mean yes, we do need more people. They cut our department to the bone over the pandemic but like have you never had a circumstance where it would cause a problem to miss time? Like I didn’t plan on getting into it but I had like a week and a half off and that would have likely been fine but one of my other coworkers had a sudden death in the family and missed most of last week overlapping with my time off. So we’re not really in a good situation and me taking more time off won’t get us out of it.

Either your health matters or it doesn't. I, personally, would prioritize my health. The company doesn't give a shit if I live or die beyond the inconvenience of my presence or absence.

Either they understand and are down with that and you should prioritize your health, or they're not and they're pieces of shit and you should prioritize your health because they don't care about you.

IMO.

Either your health matters or it doesn't. I, personally, would prioritize my health. The company doesn't give a shit if I live or die beyond the inconvenience of my presence or absence.

Either they understand and are down with that and you should prioritize your health, or they're not and they're pieces of shit and you should prioritize your health because they don't care about you.

IMO.

So, this is hella aggressive but I finally understand why. In my original post I forgot to mention the appointment was for my SECOND shot.

IMO.

So, this is hella aggressive but I finally understand why. In my original post I forgot to mention the appointment was for my SECOND shot.

The math is certainly different on the second shot, though I would still only consider delaying it for a few days personally if I had a choice, countries choosing to do so en mass notwithstanding.

When it comes to health, I do not fuck around, and I don't recommend anyone else does either. We are all replaceable as workers, or the company has fucked up (and it's their problem to deal with). We only get one body and that's it.

So yeah, when it comes to medical appointments and their ilk, my attitude is that I will make the appointment and work will have to conform to it. And if anyone has a problem with it, they can fuck all the way off. I'll delay vacations and work weekends, but I am not rescheduling that doctor's appointment.

The company doesn't give a shit about my health. My boss might give a shit, but again, either he understands and it's okay, or he doesn't and I give even less of a shit about his opinion when it comes to safeguarding my health.

I just tried to stand up and do kitchen stuff and nearly faceplanted into the floor.

Weaver wrote: »
    I just tried to stand up and do kitchen stuff and nearly faceplanted into the floor.

That seems...bad?

edited April 2021
    I was trying to move at normal speed. I'm not accustomed to my muscles not responding. I didn't faint or anything. Trying to finish this mineral water and then get to bed or the couch.

edit:ok wow this san pellegrino feels like it weighs tons

Rest break in the bathroom, hell ass it is hard to move

Weaver on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    It's kind of amazing just how much immune responses fuck up your energy reserves

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited April 2021
    Made it to the bed. I live here now.

I run and do weights I am a fit person this is just ugh

Weaver on
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Yeah, Pfeizer 1 knocked me the fuck out for two days. It sucked. Did nothing but sleep basically.

The side effects are just the vaccine whispering in your ear "Remember you are mortal" so you don't run out and start eating in restaurants again.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    welp, it's "masks can be taken off outside" day - government approved and all

most people have kept theirs on as far as I can tell

which is fair, and cautious, and I respect that

but man am I glad to be able to not wear mine on the street anymore

wY6K6Jb.gif
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Yeah, Pfeizer 1 knocked me the fuck out for two days. It sucked. Did nothing but sleep basically.

Yeah this is pretty much where I'm at.

This discussion has been closed.