As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mashups, Remixes, Covers, Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

1235»

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    If Blink182 wrote "One Week" (Bare Naked Ladies)

David_TJragghenBahamutZEROdjmitchellaSorcePeasFearghaillFencingsaxknitdanzekebeau
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    【BGM】Next_Wednesday 魂音泉/ロボ子Roboco cover【ループ用】 9:14

★原曲Original song by: 魂音泉 「Next Wednesday」
    『Re:Raise QUINTUPLE / 魂音泉』

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Hokay, Mr. Mare, feast your ears on that Spin Doctors mix.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    This showed up for me YT because I watch a lot of trash, but this one is pretty good.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    djmitchellaLaOs
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

"Sweating Robins"

steam_sig.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The Wellerman (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 22
    DJ Cummerbund - Shaxicula [3:41]

I... what?

Sorce on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    SleepJragghen
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Fun to see him first build the loops, then do the song.

steam_sig.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    The Hood Internet are back at it:

It's definitely getting past the years where I know all the songs, but that said, even without knowing them the 1997 one is pretty great. (I think it's the use of video as an instrument where it pays off the most -- there's visual flow, but also things like the echoes between the Verve and Hanson clips are just fantastic)

TankHammerSleepJragghen
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Iron Doors - "2 Minutes to L.A."

Includes Bill McClintock on guitar.

steam_sig.png
    Fearghaill
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    DJ Cummerbund - Shaxicula [3:41]

I... what?

I discovered this yesterday while exploring Youtube.

I love it

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited April 9

edit:

TheySlashThem on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited April 9
    Real lack of high-quality rips in here.

And also high-quality mashups.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    BahamutZERO
    edited April 16
    Every time I watch a Silvagunner video I am aware of just how deep a hole of self-referential in-jokes it is and while I can appreciate it for the amount of work that goes into those, I feel like I can only understand maybe 1% of what's actually going on. (edit: typo)

That said, the pinned comment on this one makes it all worthwhile:

Also, I have no idea how they manage to disassemble songs the way they do -- there's a part early on there where they've removed the main piano line and replaced it with a combination of the Inspector Gadget theme and the Flintstones theme, which a:actually fits melodically with the rest of the track which is impressive enough in itself, but what are they actually doing with audio tools to make that possible? Putting Gangnam Style on top, sure, but _removing_ parts? Maybe they splice it together out of other bits of track that don't have the piano line in there or something, but sheesh.

djmitchella on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's possible they have access to the same synths used to arrange the original piece and can just reverse engineer it, or alternately they might have just asked the composer for the raw files and the composer said "yeah sure here you go"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    They've been doing a lot of Friday Night Funkin rips this year and Kawaii Sprite (the maker and composer for that game) comments on almost each one.

Anyway, Silvagunner has been caught in the throes of my new favorite takeover that has lasted multiple days and through multiple "ends", and watching the comment section slowly lose their minds has been great.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    The Hood Internet got to 1999:

but not before releasing some out-takes:

and an alternative version of 1999 for april 1st:

TankHammerJragghen
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

I see you jockin me

BLM - ACAB
    BahamutZEROGvzbgul
  • FearghaillFearghaill HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

SleepDavid_T
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Untitled Paint Project is a mashup album by pluffaduff, came out in April and I just found out about it today

Haven't listened to the whole thing, but Weeze Day, One, and Funk Will Change absolutely rule. Big NSFW warning for Crazy Fred though, due to lyrics if you care about that.