As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    It'd be tough to break the box down, all the heroes are mixed on one and half sprues, the major villains on another sprue, and the minor baddies on two identical sprues. Only the big bad is on his own sprue.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, communication has been pretty poor and contradictory, maybe they'll conveniently find a bunch in a warehouse somewhere in a few months.

Rumor now is because of Brexit the game can't be made and be profitable enough because of tariffs so the whole line is dead.

I’m guessing it’s less a profit rationale and more an issue of being unable to navigate the omnishambles that are the post Brexit trade agreements and tariffs.

I mean, if they had to they could just close the gap between the selling price and the scalper/market price to bring it back into profitability.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah, price alone can't be it. They haven't been shy to ratchet those up on the other lines, like the blood bowl teams went from 25€ to 34€ within two years. 5 howling banshees cost 45€.

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    That would be a bummer. Bit why this line in particular? The cardboard? What makes it different to other product lines?

No idea but maybe. WQ in general seems to have a lot more tokens, map pieces, cards etc then their other stuff

I'd put it more into disruptions to shipping, and not being able to support the line over the planned life cycle. It should have had a second printing and scheduled expansions, but when the timelines for that got adjusted +/- 1-3 months, it no longer fit into their schedule. You don't have the space to stockpile sprues til the cardboard gets here, and you can't eat into major codex release's time on the machines, so best to draw a line under this and blame Nurgle and Farage then have it eek out a slow death with intermittent updates.

Whilst Brexit effects a lot, it effects things coming in more than stuff going out, and most of the regular stuff is UK produced. So it's just the board tiles etc that would get hit, when the boxes for new aspect warriors are still fine.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought because of Brexit that rumor of they were setting up production in the US
    I am agree where the paper stuff is printed in china or such it doesn't really save money making the plastic stuff

Yay I got my copy of Cursed City today along with the key {I ordered from gw} The key is smaller from what I thought as from the people on ebay selling it are either tiny or were upscaling it in pictures

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    There's something truly bizarre about having a leadup and marketing push for a game last longer than it's lifespan. Having miniature and boardgame youtubers still editing their unboxings as they find out the game is defunct.

In a way it's somewhat convenient for me, since one of the things attracting me to Cursed City was to be able to get in on the ground floor of an ongoing product that builds over time with expansions ala BSF. Now that it's dead on arrival I don't feel so bad for missing out and don't feel as much push to hunt up a copy from somewhere.

Cursed indeed.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure I buy brexit as the sole obstacle here, not to say it wasn't a contributing factor, but products like this are normally being put together 6-12 months in advance, and the brexit cut off date was the start of this year. It seems like a lot of companies are having trouble supplying similar products (board games and tcgs, etc.) so I'd bet it's a supply chain snarl up that's been building up throughout the covid shutdowns, it's pretty clear GWs whole schedule has been thrown out of whack just by looking at the scattershot releases lately.

Also of note is that the new Be'lakor just went on preorder on the webstore, and they've put construction booklet for him on there as a free online download which they've never done before, and I'm pretty sure those booklets are normally printed in China whereas the models are produced in the UK.

I still suspect we'll see more Cursed City as thing start to clear up, but some clear communication from the company wouldn't go amiss, it seems like the community and marketing teams don't have the full picture themselves.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The product design might be finished months ahead, but that’s because it takes months to ramp up to full production and frequently the final parts don’t arrive until weeks or days before launch, when they are assembled into the actual product then that is shipped to stores.

This isn’t just GW, btw; this year’s hottest selling Christmas toy has already been decided by a panel of experts in Belgium and the manufacturers are ramping up now, to ship to the warehouses in August, for final distribution starting November.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I'm a little put out.

I tend not to pre-oder online 'cause I like to support the local shop. Still, I started to worry when I saw the Crimson Court 'Underworlds warband was sold out in English. I figured that my French is good enough that I could get by with those cards if push came to shove, but got a bit concerned when I saw that version was also sold out. Still, I headed over to the store around ten minutes after opening time this morning... to find they were sold out.

So no Crimson Court for me today.

(It's not the worst thing ever - they'll make more of the models, and that's mainly what I want. But it would have been nice to have the cards.)

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I’ve been here and been wrong before, but I’m confident the Crimson Court plus cards will be back. They’re only ‘temporarily out of stock’ on the website and as part of the Underworlds game they are much more committed to ongoing support.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Hopefully... I know that past "seasons" of Underworlds warbands are all unavailable except as just-the-models, leading me to suspect that they only did one big initial order of the cards.

//

I checked ebay on a whim, and ended up finding a seller for cheaper than retail (after taxes) so... I'll see if I end up with an empty box in a couple weeks, but until then it seems like everything's come up Milhouse.

GW is probably super happy about the popularity, if this is a preview of how well Soulblight Gravelords are going to sell.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I never built my plague furnace/screaming bells that I got like a year and a half ago. I have 3 sets of sprue so I wasn't sure what combination to build them in.

I was thinking 1 furnace and 2 screaming bells. Any suggestions are welcome.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm a little put out.

I tend not to pre-oder online 'cause I like to support the local shop. Still, I started to worry when I saw the Crimson Court 'Underworlds warband was sold out in English. I figured that my French is good enough that I could get by with those cards if push came to shove, but got a bit concerned when I saw that version was also sold out. Still, I headed over to the store around ten minutes after opening time this morning... to find they were sold out.

So no Crimson Court for me today.

(It's not the worst thing ever - they'll make more of the models, and that's mainly what I want. But it would have been nice to have the cards.)

If it helps, there's something going wrong with GW's supply chain - my local stores haven't received any of their copies of Crimson Court yet full stop.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    The reviews/ spoilers are all up for the Belakor book.

Nighthaunt saw some *significant* boosts. They still need a new book, though, whichbInsuppoae will come out with 3rd edition this summer or fall.

That said, the Olynder battalion fixes the fact that you really need a the Lantern herons your general, but you can't usebOlynder's command ability if she isn't in charge. So- voila, you get 2 generals.

The newly-updated Harridans acting as a natural bodyguard for Olynder is also awesome and fluffy as hell. As for the Harridans, they're def better than they were, but time will tell if they're a competitive choice vs Bladegeists.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I never built my plague furnace/screaming bells that I got like a year and a half ago. I have 3 sets of sprue so I wasn't sure what combination to build them in.

That seems reasonable, if you're planning on running a full Pestilens force at some point you'd probably want two furnaces. Two bells can make for an interesting list and lets you spread your forces out more, though you could also run one bell and one Warpseer verminlord for a similar effect.

• Options
    Holy crap, the Reikenor profession gives you the benefits of both the Chainguard and Condemned battalions for *free*! That's 270 pts worth of savings. I only ever took one (Condemned) but I save 150 *and* get better healing for Chainrasps (which were already good) and Glaivewraiths (which sucked).

Woooo!

WOOOOOO!

• Options
    Belakor lore spoilers
    belakor tricks kroak and the seraphon into setting of a kind of warp nuke by destroying a silver tower which ends up destroying every realm gate in chamon and causing the realm of chaos to start to spread of chamon. Stormcasts there can't return to azyr now upon death, their souls now getting gobbled up by olynder instead. One stotmhost gets wiped out completely.
    Belakor only hat to retreat for a bit at the end because an ancestor god, maybe Grungni or grombrindral unites all the duardin/kharadron in the realm

• Options
    Oh man, maybe
    maybe Olynder gobbling up an entire Stormhost will get us a new codex! :D

• Options

That seems reasonable, if you're planning on running a full Pestilens force at some point you'd probably want two furnaces. Two bells can make for an interesting list and lets you spread your forces out more, though you could also run one bell and one Warpseer verminlord for a similar effect.

I can make 3 verminlords. I was going to make a Deceiver, warpseer, and corruptor.

I do eventually want to do a pestilens list but I'm not sure I have enough to do so yet. I only have 100 plague monks and no censors. I can make either 3 warplightning cannons or 3 catapults but I was leaning towards warplightning cannons for those.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Ah man, I just got caught up with the Cursed City news. I saw rumblings and angry posts and thought maybe people were over reacting and then I saw the announcement from Warhammer Community and now I'm +1 sad.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options

I can make 3 verminlords. I was going to make a Deceiver, warpseer, and corruptor.

I do eventually want to do a pestilens list but I'm not sure I have enough to do so yet. I only have 100 plague monks and no censors. I can make either 3 warplightning cannons or 3 catapults but I was leaning towards warplightning cannons for those.

Those are probably the best Verminlord options. 100 plague monks should be plenty, two 40s and two 10s is perfectly adequate. I don't rate the catapults at all really, so the cannons are generally better, yeah.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Well, good. That means your little rat-people can have all the swearing and nudity they want.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    GW really seems to have problems right now getting products out of the door.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/

No new pre-orders for ? weeks.

• Options
    Brexit and Covid

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    And Ever Given. It may only have been stuck a week or so but that traffic jam is a monster.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options

Well, good. That means your little rat-people can have all the swearing and nudity they want.

I bought these tiny truck nuts for a reason.

Those are probably the best Verminlord options. 100 plague monks should be plenty, two 40s and two 10s is perfectly adequate. I don't rate the catapults at all really, so the cannons are generally better, yeah.

What else do I fill in around it? Pestilens don't really seem to have a lot of options.

I'll be using a furnace and the corruptor with them as well.

• Options
    What else do I fill in around it? Pestilens don't really seem to have a lot of options.

I'll be using a furnace and the corruptor with them as well.

They don't really, you're quite right. Let's see, 40/40/10/10 Plague Monks with two Plague Furnaces is 1120 points, those can basically work as two independent wings of your army, with the 10 model units as screens for the big blobs, and the furnaces supporting all of them with battleshock immunity and prayers, I think you can squeeze all or most of this stuff into a Congregation of Filth battalion for an extra 160 points which adds a little extra surivability. Throw in a Corruptor for 280 and they can run around as their own hammer unit as well, or stick around to support a flank. I'd probably want to run a Masterclan general, which might be best as a Screaming Bell or potentially Thanquol (though then you'd miss out on a command trait) but that way you get access to the excellent Grey Seer spell lore, you could run a Warpseer in this role if you wanted too possibly, if you want to be particularly mean the Warp Lightning Vortex remains just a hideously powerful endless spell that is almost an auto-include in a competitive Skaven list.

Unfortunately with the way the Skaven book works any spare points have to be filled with Pestilens units, and your best bet is honestly just taking more plague monks when in doubt, the censer bearers are fine but not essential, and the catapults don't really do much.

• Options
    I finished painting my Lumineth 'Underworlds warband.

I had a lot of trouble thinking of a paint scheme that I wanted to go with. I came real close to doing something similar to my old Eldar (Saim-Hann), then Zaitrec (but I had just finished doing a purple/white scheme for the Dread Pageant), and then Iliatha caught my eye... But in the end I got the idea from my Kharadron warband being in the vein of Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2: why not do something similar to Nia? Mainly yellow, with white armour plates, red trim, and gold details. It would be kind of bright, and pop in a way that seems fitting.

Getting paint on them made me have regrets. Especially when I just had the white/yellow/red, and it hit me, "Oh no, they look like Ronald McDonald." Finishing them up took a long time after that discouragement. I'm... okay with how they turned out. It's not an appealing scheme, but honestly I just got them because they were in the box with the Dread Pageant, which was what I really wanted.

Potato Camera picture:
    1fxn0uyw10f8.jpg

[I broke the staff snipping it off the sprue, resulting in the addition of a giant gem to anchor the reattachment point.]

• Options
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Brexit and Covid

I heard it was because they're moving their warehouse

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    GW really seems to have problems right now getting products out of the door.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/18/our-pre-order-schedules-changing-a-bit-heres-how/

No new pre-orders for ? weeks.

The article says they come back in May.

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Brexit and Covid

I heard it was because they're moving their warehouse

I had a thought since they use a contractor for printing it could be the above and a contract dispute. I have no idea who it is though
    As setting someone else up to print boards and boxes would take time

• Options
    So here's a pretty good breakdown of what happened with WQCC and what may happen with it in the future from someone who worked for GW for 14 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EacdjLql4Ko

• Options
    Slannesh models continue to hit it out if the park. (Slightly jealous look from over the high elf corner)

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    They are nice models it there's quite a few complaints on social media about how the Hedonites book was only released the other month and now's it already missing something...

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Yeah that was my first thought, "Didn't Slaanesh JUST get a new battletome?"

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Starting to think GW should just go all digital on unit stats already.

• Options
    It's kinda similar to the realmlords. Also more extreme. did the slannesh book get delayed, moving it closer to this maybe?

Also I guess that's what broken realms: Teclis referenced where it said said Tyrion was absent during the events of the book fighting something even worse than nagash.

Maybe realmlords will get a third book within a year, or least we'll get a broken realms book with hedonites and realmlords.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    slaanesh has had two second editions army books and model lines released already

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Woop, got two boxes of bone ponies today.

They do have the sprues to build Zandtos, but included neither rules nor assembly instructions for him.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Woop, got two boxes of bone ponies today.

They do have the sprues to build Zandtos, but included neither rules nor assembly instructions for him.

It's like a puzzle. GW truly giveth to the community.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
This discussion has been closed.