As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I like that the secret identities tend to last right up until they speak to or are seen by anyone who's met them before.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Never thought I’d get teary-eyed at an episode of Stargirl with Shining Knight, but here we are.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Looks like Stargirl is the show that eats Supergirl's lunch this season.
    "The ISA wants to.... fix global warming? Recycle? There's universal health care? It only affects adults and not kids?"

Too bad about the 25 million they'll probably kill though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    "The ISA wants to.... fix global warming? Recycle? There's universal health care? It only affects adults and not kids?"

For some reason now I'm thinking of the ISA in the White House.

I'm picturing Icicle and Brainwave as Trump and Pence

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Too smart and not evil enough.

sig.gif
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Too smart and not evil enough.

Trump: 150,000 dead? It is what it is
    Dr Ito: Dude...not cool

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Finally! someone else has seen the episode.

So i was thinking about this and it actually makes sense that the ISA believes what they do and why they would run counter to what the JSA "fights for".

I really love what this show is doing with all its characters.

Nice to know they have James Dale Robinson as writer and producer for the show, i give him a lot of the credit for how this show is turning out.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

...they really made the villains "death panel liberals"

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The 6th season of Supergirl will be the final one

Eii7YmlXYAIKu6u?format=jpg&name=small

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Might be for the best, that show has been kind of a mess for a while

Not a great look to end it right as they launch a Superman show, though

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Supergirl constantly has it's heart in the right place, and absolutely no logical consistency.

I keep thinking about how Alex's girlfriend dad talked about how they were building a wall to keep their people out, but the president was at the time Lynda Carter. Or when Dreamer was open about I am going to go murder the person who assaulted my friend and Supergirl was fully in the know of it and just sorta struggled about it.

• InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    I think that with a kid on the way, Melissa just wants out of the show so she can focus on her personal life. Which is fine, as shooting a 22 episode season takes a lot out of a person.

I hope before she exits we get a Ladies of the CWverse team up.

I don't care what lofty pretense there is, but get Supergirl, Batwoman, Killer Frost, and the ladies of the Legends together for a superhero beat down.

It'll be like End Game's stupid girl power moment, except actually earned.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I wish they had somehow figured out how to marry the show's focus in season one to some of the stuff they introduced after they moved to the CW. Alex's coming out story and adding Nia and Lena to the cast were all really good, but they had to sit alongside a lot of CW flavored relationship bullshit that really hurt the show. And they've made a ton of real weird choices within those romances (having their first big CW romantic lead be...the prince of a race of slavers was a deranged choice, and taking a few seasons off from that only to have their next romantic lead be...actively shitty to her until they like, decide to make him nice because of the crisis event, I guess? there's just...why would you handicap yourselves like that? you can do "star crossed lovers" without "this guy didn't fight against slavery because I guess he didn't give a shit?")

And uh...I mean, it probably doesn't help when your showrunner gets fired for sexual harassment

edited September 2020
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Supergirl constantly has it's heart in the right place, and absolutely no logical consistency.

I keep thinking about how Alex's girlfriend dad talked about how they were building a wall to keep their people out, but the president was at the time Lynda Carter. Or when Dreamer was open about I am going to go murder the person who assaulted my friend and Supergirl was fully in the know of it and just sorta struggled about it.
    The Speaker of the House was the Trump-like at that point. Then the VP who replaced Wonder Woman as President ended up being kinda specist too.

But yeah, it's reach exceeded it's grasp, a lot. It was at least trying though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Legends comes back May 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPA2QuWCkYQ

Spoiler insta post
    This is Dominic Purcell's last season

Wonder if they're gonna move anyone from Black Lightning or Supergirl over to Legends once those shows end. I suppose they haven't really done moved characters from other CW shows over for a while, and I don't know who they could pick up out of the cast of those shows and plop in without some serious work

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Martian Manhunter? Brainiac?

Having an alien on the crew could be neat.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Martian Manhunter, maybe, but I dunno if they need a father figure on that show. I don't think you could really lift Brainy out of the show without some serious work. There are some side characters that could make the leap, but I'm not sure anyone would care about them enough to be excited to see them on another show?

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    what kind of Brainiac are we talkin'? I didn't really watch Supergirl.

Kryptonian AI? Coluan? is it Brainiac 5?

what kind of Brainiac are we talkin'? I didn't really watch Supergirl.

Kryptonian AI? Coluan? is it Brainiac 5?

Brainiac 5

yeah, they brought him in from the future to effectively replace Winn as the resident CW tech guy nerd stand-in which was a dramatic upgrade

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    how many more times has cute Mxy been in the show?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    My Legends Transplant vote is still Alice from Batwoman, mostly because she'd be very entertaining and Legends needs another villain on the crew

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

they replaced him with thomas lennon, who showed up for the 100th episode and apparently is due back for an episode this season

DJ Eebs wrote: »

they replaced him with thomas lennon, who showed up for the 100th episode and apparently is due back for an episode this season

oh my god I love the idea of him as Mxyzptlk

edited April 2021
    If they don't want to split the couple, Brainy and Dreamer could work on Flash. It'd finally give them a reason to boot Cisco, who I think has been trying to ditch for the last couple seasons. Plus they could double date with Barry and Iris, and everyone can laugh at the wacky couple shenanigans, because that'd be an immediate upgrade from Oliver and Felicity hanging out when Arrow was around.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    I wonder if they're going to do anything to write Supergirl out of the whole Arrowverse, since I assume part of the reason they're ending the series is that Melissa Benoist doesn't want to do this anymore and they aren't going to want to answer "why isn't Supergirl helping with this crossover," every time they do one. Though I guess they spun Superman & Lois off of Supergirl and are just reusing characters that have showed up on Supergirl without mentioning it or...Supergirl herself, at all, so maybe they'll just pretend she doesn't exist?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I wonder if they're going to do anything to write Supergirl out of the whole Arrowverse, since I assume part of the reason they're ending the series is that Melissa Benoist doesn't want to do this anymore and they aren't going to want to answer "why isn't Supergirl helping with this crossover," every time they do one. Though I guess they spun Superman & Lois off of Supergirl and are just reusing characters that have showed up on Supergirl without mentioning it or...Supergirl herself, at all, so maybe they'll just pretend she doesn't exist?

Maybe she pulls a Captain Marvel and travels the galaxy

Maybe she pulls a Captain Marvel and travels the galaxy

I guess the theories I'd have are: she goes and hangs out with her mom on the floating chunk of Krypton, or she jumps into the future and joins the Legion of Superheroes. I don't...think either one of those is especially likely, given that it'd involve ditching her sister, which feels like it'd get the showrunners extremely yelled at, instead of the normal yelled at they're gonna be when she doesn't end up with the character they want her to end up with.

My current money is on them calling the finale, "Whatever Happened to the Girl of Tomorrow?" which ends with her giving up her powers to save the world and lead a normal life, and on the other shows, her byline pops up on news stories.

edited April 2021
    I would not be surprised if they do nothing, for both Supergirl and Black Lightning.

Like, those shows will end with the world/day being saved, and then the end of the episode is "welp, back to the grind". So it keeps the characters in the world having adventures, but puts them on the backburner.

edit: I would love a cameo of Kara on Superman & Lois though, just around for an episode or something in S2.

Sorce on
    sig.gif

I thought I read that Benoit is pregnant, so she wants to be a mom for awhile. Also that she’s willing to come back for cameos and stuff.

I like the idea of her fucking off to the future, so it makes sense why she isn’t around, but can still show up during crossovers

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Real wildcard new crew member for Legends. Victor Zsasz. Specifically the one from Gotham.

This will not happen but I can dream.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited April 2021
    I'd love to bring Luke and Alice from the sinking ship that is Batwoman.

Other than that, I really wish Wally West stuck with the Legends, but I know the actor was taking time away for himself, so I get it.

Edit: where the fuck is Ryan Choi? I thought he was teased to be joining the Legends.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    It sucks that Batwoman is ending because it's gotten really good these past few episodes.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

Batwoman's not ending, they've already ordered a third season. Supergirl and Black Lightning are the two shows that are on their final seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiBFR8I23g

I can't even guess what the hell is happening this season, but am excited for it nevertheless.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Yay Behrad is still there!

Yay Behrad is still there!

I know I've said this before, but the introduction of Behrad felt really seamless and impressive. After two or three scenes, you felt that he had been with the team since Day 1, despite the fact that he was only there because of time shenanigans.

I don't know if that's because of writers knocked it out of the park, the cast sold it because of their interactions with him, or the actor himself really nailing the character and direction, but it was really well done.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!