As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Dot Matrix

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Dot Matrix

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    So, wait… which part is man and which part is PAC?

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

Oh, you know which part...

MichaelLC on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Are the cybernetics part of the man or part of the pac.

• MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    Is it a man who had PAC implanted, or is it a PAC that grew some man?

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    He's more Pac now than man.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    This is the sort of dangerous thinking that leads to shit like Bomberman Act Zero, and it must be stopped.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    They thought they could keep the population in thrall with their handouts of fruit and dots. But rebel scientists developed the Power Pellet, turning the tables on their spectral overlords.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Pellet Acquisition Cyborg.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    (re: news post)
    Yikes, Jerry. I hope you recover alright.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that was a harrowing saga.

H9f4bVe.png
  • NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    Somehow the part about the doctor being an ass was as disturbing as the breakdown of basic bodily functions.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Due to the nature of Jerry's writing I'm not entirely sure what happened.

It seems a piece of chicken became lodged on his throat? Maybe?

Either way a doctor being an asshole doesn't make a stressful situation any easier.

• NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    Well, a wiser fellow than myself once said: "Sometimes you choke the chicken, and sometimes, well, the chicken, he chokes you."

• HanradinHanradin Registered User new member
    I have a lesser form of what Jerry gots. I guess they dilated his esophagus or the area around there, many of us old guys have scarring in our throats, me from a bad tonsillectomy, and we choke when we get old if we don't chew our food properly. My best wishes and prayers to Jerry that he doesn't have to resort to shakes, unless they're chocolate.

• KasaixKasaix Registered User regular
    I feel like the title might be a reference to Dot Matrix from the old CG series ReBoot.

• Erix The RedErix The Red Registered User regular
    Kasaix wrote: »
    I feel like the title might be a reference to Dot Matrix from the old CG series ReBoot.

More likely this is reference to dot matrix printers, The Matrix, and the dots pacman eats. The character Dot Matrix is also a reference to the printers.

• BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    I'm only speculating based on a similar experience I've had. Casually known as "Steakhouse Syndrome" and more formally Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE), there can be damage to the esophagus in the form of scaring or narrowing. This can cause food to become lodged on the way to the stomach. Often, drinking water can help the food to pass through but other times the water just sits on top of the obstruction. Soda is sometimes attempted with the idea that the acid in the drink will dissolve the food enough to let it pass. A mild sedative can also help by relaxing the muscles around the esophagus.

These techniques worked in a severe case I had. Afterward, I had another procedure in which a long rubber cone is used to expand the esophagus a bit which seemed to help me.

• BIGmogBIGmog DenverRegistered User regular
    NemuriBaku wrote: »
    Well, a wiser fellow than myself once said: "Sometimes you choke the chicken, and sometimes, well, the chicken, he chokes you."

"Choke" is probably inaccurate in this case since breathing is not affected. What does happen is that the body turns on saliva production to full in an attempt to flush down the obstruction. If it doesn't work however, the saliva just builds up. This is possibly why Jerry was spitting up constantly instead of swallowing.