As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I feel okay so far after Pfizer 1 but it knocked my wife out for a couple days when she got it.

My parents and sister were also basically okay after their first dose of Pfizer so I'm guessing it's something genetic about how our immune systems work.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Even the most tame side effects (other than injection site redness/soreness) only happen to about ~50% of people.

Side effects are not guaranteed.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I'm hoping the booster shot planned for this fall/winter isn't so harsh.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    First dose Pfizer made me just tired as hell for one day (along with more soreness in the arm than I get from a flu shot). Second day was almost back to normal. All symptoms gone by third day.

It wasn't so tired I was falling over though.

Immune systems, lol.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with shot 2, which is in a week.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    3clips3 wrote: »
    I feel okay so far after Pfizer 1 but it knocked my wife out for a couple days when she got it.

My parents and sister were also basically okay after their first dose of Pfizer so I'm guessing it's something genetic about how our immune systems work.

My arm was sore for like half the next day after dose 1 of Pfizer. I get dose 2 on 4/20 blaze it lol so we'll see how the 21st goes.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Can't wait for two weeks after my second shot

going to lick ALL the knobs

find the nearest AC exhaust and just huff it like it was a hefty bag

I spent three hours this morning in a hot bath because not just my arm, but like every joint in my whole body was aching.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I spent three hours this morning in a hot bath because not just my arm, but like every joint in my whole body was aching.

oh boy that deep down bone pain, lookin' forward.

I'm curious to future studies of who gets side effects like this from this vaccine tech. I've had vaccines for most of the worst diseases in the world, I got sick after my anthrax booster but nothing else ever like this.

It's been 24 hours, I have a little bit more energy but also my finger knuckles and elbows shouldn't ache like this.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    It's been 24 hours, I have a little bit more energy but also my finger knuckles and elbows shouldn't ache like this.

it sounds counter-intuitive but maybe squeeze something really hard. Something like soda can sized? unless you have stress balls

when I was detoxing my knuckles ached like shit, but if I was applying like, pressure around them, it eased.

you get hand cramps tho so watch out for that.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I found my Star Wars Armada Star Destroyers! And a bonus MC75 Cruiser! What a load off. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't find them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I slept for like 14 hours the day after I got my first pfizer, it was great.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I know I’m definitely going to regret my words later

but as a notorious insomniac, a tiny part of me is admittedly kinda excited about the possibility of just being knocked out and sleeping for two days straight

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    You will regret your words and your deeds

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I was lucky and got only a slightly sore arm after both Pfizer shots. I didn't know whether to feel disappointed or not after all the prep I did in case of a worse case scenario.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

but as a notorious insomniac, a tiny part of me is admittedly kinda excited about the possibility of just being knocked out and sleeping for two days straight

As a notorious insomniac, when I got my first dose I ended up falling asleep at 6:30pm because I was completely exhausted. Woke up at 9:30pm and was up for a while, went back to sleep close to my usual late night bullshit. Napped during the day the following day because I just could not stay awake, ended up in even worse shape than usual that night.

I want a new arm.

Ketar wrote: »

As a notorious insomniac, when I got my first dose I ended up falling asleep at 6:30pm because I was completely exhausted. Woke up at 9:30pm and was up for a while, went back to sleep close to my usual late night bullshit. Napped during the day the following day because I just could not stay awake, ended up in even worse shape than usual that night.

la la lalalala I can’t hear you

• KupiKupi Registered User regular

When I got my first shot, I felt incredibly exhausted at 10:00 (usually I stay up until 11), made ready for bed, lied down, and woke up feeling totally refreshed.

Then I checked the clock at it was 1 AM.

I only remember trying to fall back to sleep the rest of the night, not actually sleeping.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    I want a new arm.

cUpl5jP.jpg

I want a new arm.

cUpl5jP.jpg

yes yes this I've already got a traumatic history based on war

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    8 hours post second jab and I got nothing so far. No tiredness or exhaustion, or anything else. Fingers crossed for tomorrow to go as well I guess.

I've been fatigued all day from the vaccine, it was still really bad earlier but it's getting better. The arm commentary is a separate issue. I've gotten a lot of practice doing every day tasks with my left hand but still..]]

I think I'm done with vaccine side effects and I'm just having neuralgia pain now. I found that I can wrap my wrist in ice packs and instead of my arm feeling like it's on fire, it's just cold. Sorry for being so dramatic.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I was just relocating our compost heap and a fly went into my ear and got stuck. So I flushed it out with an irrigation thing, and I also got out a clog of earwax so big that removing it made me really dizzy and I nearly fell down the stairs.

Just having a very normal day.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I was just relocating our compost heap and a fly went into my ear and got stuck. So I flushed it out with an irrigation thing, and I also got out a clog of earwax so big that removing it made me really dizzy and I nearly fell down the stairs.

Just having a very normal day.

i'm trying to find any part of this that doesn't make me feel queasy and i'm not having success

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Stairs make you queasy? Weird but ok.

when I was like, 12, I did that thing where you pinch your nose and push air through your nose and it makes your ears pop

except it made me deaf in one ear and I was like "well that's no good." so we went to the doctor and he was like "oh I see the problem." and pulled out a string of earwax that I swear to god I could feel unwrapping from around my spine as he tugged it.

edited April 2021
    That earwax bit actually sounds great to me

I once had a severely wax blocked ear for a week and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, but the pressure relief of finally getting it out was incredible

Veldrin on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

now that you mention it, tall/shallow stairs in a narrow hallway (a pretty common sight here in Japan) actually do make me kind of queasy. i don't usually get vertigo, but in that very specific situation i definitely feel it a bit

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Stepping onto an escalator that is not working makes me feel very uneasy.

now that you mention it, tall/shallow stairs in a narrow hallway (a pretty common sight here in Japan) actually do make me kind of queasy. i don't usually get vertigo, but in that very specific situation i definitely feel it a bit

one of my most common recurring nightmares is having to ascend an increasing narrow staircase

Blake T wrote: »
    Stepping onto an escalator that is not working makes me feel very uneasy.

it feels like you've been tricked

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Escalator stairs feel at the wrong height when they're not moving

I generally walk up escalators, and everything feels fine then, but when they're static, something is off

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I legit get anxious the second I stand on one.

I even try shutting my eyes to see if that works but my body’s balance just messes up the second I stand on one.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have never felt comfortable on escalators. I don't trust them they seem unnatural.

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    As Mitch Hedberg teaches us 'Escalators can never break, they can only become stairs.'

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    “Sorry for the convenience.”

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have had a fly stuck in my ear only once and I will never forget the sound or vibrations as it tried to free itself from my cochlea amber.

This discussion has been closed.