As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Stompybots? Stompybots. STOMPYBOTS! MW5 on Steam NOW!

• RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    XL KGC is a trap IMO.

I meant light engine, but if you'd messed with the build it'd quickly have become obvious, sorry!

oh yes LE is much better!

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm naming my alt's Huntsman "Bob Marley." It has dual UAC/10s and it's always jamming.

For my KGC after patch, this is what I'm building:

KGC-001(S)

DPS build, but it can lay down a lot of pinpoint fire.

KGC-000B

70 pinpoint alpha into the component of my choice? Don't mind if I do. Remember SnPPC go to HSL 3 with the patch, and AC/20s are getting a decent heat reduction along with the KGC quirks.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    I had completely stripped, orange structure mechs that my MRM60-or-80 just made increasingly darker orange over subsequent volleys, when a pair of lasers would have resulted in a kill.
    Thinking about this, how about comboing an MRM mech with a secondary weapon that deals crits to exposed structure? Like machine guns, or LBX?

Problem is, since MRMs are IS only, you can't mix and match omnipods to get the required hardpoints. Might also be an issue of having enough ammo, since both those systems need it.

Couple of assaults can pull it off, depending on the exact weapon mix. MRMs have comparable range to LB-10Xs, so if you pair those out you can get a lot of sand blasting.

Problem is the LB-20X pairs well with SRMs and that ends up being a lot more effective because of how much better it rides the line between shotgunning and crit-seeking. And they pair pretty much identically for both tech bases so you can run the insanely superior clan versions.

And another dream dies.

I wouldn't say that, unless you really need speed for your playstyle. The LB-10X/MRM combo isn't bad, and it does have a longer effective range, so by the time the LB-20X/SRM mech gets into its effective range, you've already had time to do work, and if you roll your armor and disengage once you start getting hit, I'd be willing to bet you could do some good work in it. The real tricky part is trying to decide between one fuck-off MRM-40 with a long cycle time, or more smaller MRMs which aren't as weight-effective, but cycle a lot faster. If you're willing to roll heavy you can probably do 2xLB-10X/2xMRM-30. It's gonna take a lot of weight, but it's gonna fucking hurt. I want to say multiple smaller launchers does better with regard to spread. The Mauler has a lot of good quirks for that weapon pair, depending on exactly which way you wanna lean. The -1P has -10% spread and +10% velocity for missiles. It's only LB-related quirk is the -5% cooldown, which pairs well with the -10% missile cooldown quirk. The big issue there is all your relevant hard points are in the torsos, so you have to choose between MRM-30s and LFE/XL, since you don't have the Torso crits for both after the LB-10X. The KnockOut hero has -5% LB spread and -10% ballistic cooldown, but only -5% missile spread, and all the rest of the weapon quirks are LRM quirks. But you can put the guns in the arms so you've got more space to play with.

It's honestly a weapon combo I'd like to see someone play and experiment with. I'd love to see someone play around with it and see what they can come up with.

Meanwhile the Fafnir has flat less heat and reduced crit receiving; then you just gotta choose between range and cooldown. All very generalized quirks that can work with both weapons.

Just, you know, you can't go fast in either 'mech.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Personally the mechs I'd try 2xLB-10X+MRM-60 in are KGC-001(S) (gets ballistic cooldown quirks) or FNR-5E (the -heat quirk is nice, not sure if the +range quirk is worthwhile given both weapons have spread).

Personally the mechs I'd try 2xLB-10X+MRM-60 in are KGC-001(S) (gets ballistic cooldown quirks) or FNR-5E (the -heat quirk is nice, not sure if the +range quirk is worthwhile given both weapons have spread).

You're probably right, since I'm guessing projectile spread is per second rather than, like, per range bracket. I think I was originally assuming it was the latter, since per second spread would make longer ranged weapons inherently less effective if their spread is the same. This unfortunately means that with the LB-10X/MRM combo your extra effective range also means you're probably dealing with a bigger spread problem. Which sucks ass.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I really like how the King Crab looks, so, definitely trying that.

Are there any mechanical benefits to the claws being closed (like the missile bays' 10% reduced damage)? I notice they open instantly when the weapon is fired, unlike the bays.

Fairly certain KGC arms do have the 10% damage reduction.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Warhammer with dual lb-10x and 4 medium lasers, all stored in the torso. You use your arms as decoys/shields and laugh as you stomp just about every single mech that tries to fight you up close. And if they don't fight you up close? You kill them anyway from range. It's a beast and I have a ridiculous amount of c-bills saved up because once I found this setup I never wanted to switch to anything else. Your results may vary.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Patch day tomorrow. Does MWO patch during the morning usually?

No idea, there hasn't been a real patch since I started playing over a year ago lol. I guess there was the "lets make ppcs incredibly boring" patch but I'm not sure when that one went up.

Henroid wrote: »
    Patch day tomorrow. Does MWO patch during the morning usually?

The listed timeframe is 10a-1p Pacific time, historically I’ve been able to get the patch applied (in Steam) by 2pm eastern

Rumor has it that there’s going to be a weapon and equipment sale starting today with the patch

• monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Rumor has it that there’s going to be a weapon and equipment sale starting today with the patch

But I need engines!
    I guess I could buy a bunch of IS DHS, I always end up spending a bunch on those anyways.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    A sale would make sense. People are going to be testing and outfitting things like crazy. Especially if there's any cookie cutter builds ready.

This is why I don't see weapons and equipment (aside from engines). I have tons of weapons in stock, even ones I don't use normally. You never know!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    A sale would make sense. People are going to be testing and outfitting things like crazy. Especially if there's any cookie cutter builds ready.

This is why I don't see weapons and equipment (aside from engines). I have tons of weapons in stock, even ones I don't use normally. You never know!

Yesss, being a hoarder in MWO is a benefit. Heck, I never sell any of my mechs either since they could become awesome with a patch or two.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Speaking of which, sounds like the current plan is mobility for May, quirks for June.

They’ve posted up some planned mobility numbers, as an example the KDK-3 is getting numbers comparable to the current MCII-B (slight worse accel, everything else is better.)

And it will still have the lowest agility of the Kodiaks.

Speaking of which, sounds like the current plan is mobility for May, quirks for June.

They’ve posted up some planned mobility numbers, as an example the KDK-3 is getting numbers comparable to the current MCII-B (slight worse accel, everything else is better.)

And it will still have the lowest agility of the Kodiaks.

Bump the health of the AC/LBX 20s!!! I really hate it when the gauss gets an upgrade but those don't.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I think Gauss health was buffed because they go boom.

AC and LBX 20s did get a heat reduction, and Clan AC 20s got a pellet reduction on top of +1 HSL

I think Gauss health was buffed because they go boom.

AC and LBX 20s did get a heat reduction, and Clan AC 20s got a pellet reduction on top of +1 HSL

Good point, forgot the Gauss weapon blows up.

oosik_betsuni.png
    The Clan UAC pellet reduction is something I'll have to try first hand to see how good a chance it is. I mean, it's still good, I know that much from it being on paper. But how good is what I wonder about.

I'm kinda bummed out that Clan Pulse Lasers are getting normalized for the optimal range thing, where the half-way point is the cutoff for damage being full.

Look at those torso mounts:
    a9yihibxya9q.jpg

Unf.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Are those ballistics or are you happy to see me

Those are snubs, but imagine HPPCs in those mounts.

Now if they were ballistics I would be dying of laughter (since they had to nerf the flash from the MGs for the Pirate's Bane long ago).

Also, is that your mech Nobody?

oosik_betsuni.png
    I'm really excited for this. Gonna run some dumb shit like 6x snub kaiju.

RawrBear wrote: »
    I'm really excited for this. Gonna run some dumb shit like 6x snub kaiju.

I'm planning on trying to convert my ML Hunchback to a LPPC Hunchback.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Now if they were ballistics I would be dying of laughter (since they had to nerf the flash from the MGs for the Pirate's Bane long ago).

Also, is that your mech Nobody?

It is! I jumped in game real quick to test it out while on lunch.

Sale is NOT live yet, so I saved the build and ran it in the testing ground.

Right now I'm testing the 2xAC/20 + 3xSnPPC KGC

70 alpha is about 60% heat

double AC/20 on it is only about 26% heat which is very manageable.

No sales, as far as I can tell.
    Otherwise, things feel about the same to me.

monkeykins wrote: »
    No sales, as far as I can tell.
    Otherwise, things feel about the same to me.

The most visible stuff is going to be things like the snPPC, LPPC, non-heavy Gauss, and the smaller two MRM launchers

edited April 2021
    Yeah, LPPC actually feels pretty good right now. Like, worth using.

Artillery feels pretty different too. More AOE and less "quick easy damage"

monkeykins on
    edited April 2021
    Massive sale post went up: https://mwomercs.com/news/2021/04/2508-sales-for-science

Looks like it’s 50% off engines, mech bays, weapons, and most mechs (?) as well as sales on MC and mech pack sales

Nobody on
    K2 with 3ppcs and an hppc feels pretty damn good. It’s waaaay way cooler now than it has any right to be.

Gonna have to try out jester builds in a bit.

LAMS too stronk.

My Corsair, without any additional heat sinks, is heat neutral with 4 of them.

LAMS too stronk.

I’m gonna have to experiment with that.

Further report:

The new Thunderbolt works exceptionally well as the IS version of the VGL-1 ERPPC boat. Even unskilled I was able to fire all 3 simultaneously, and not even hit 70% heat.

LAMS too stronk.

This is what I wanted to hear.

Massive sale post went up: https://mwomercs.com/news/2021/04/2508-sales-for-science

Looks like it’s 50% off engines, mech bays, weapons, and most mechs (?) as well as sales on MC and mech pack sales

Nice.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    How does one turn on performance/network/etc tracking in MWO? I turned Steam overlay off after opening it up by accident got me killed for the 100th time, so I lost my framerate display, but I've seen this on multiple streamers' vids now.
    qsgwn609gzyi.png

So what's the Thunderbolt's top speed with MASC on?