As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    What is that horn sound, you get it in all Blade Runner inspired music.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really hope S2 ditches the stories with the really problematic portrayals of women. I wouldn't consider myself any kind of activist and I still found a good 2-3 of the S1 stories to be very, very cringy and outdated in how they used women.

• notyanotya Registered User regular
    Zima Blue was so sooo good. Most of the rest didn't do it for me.

But that's fine, if I get one more Zima Blue outta this new collection, I'm happy. I don't need to watch them all.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    As someone who hasn't watched the show, that immediately made me think of Babylon 5.

... Because Zima sponsored the show and was the only beer on the station, you see. And I was like "Ooh, was there a Zima Blue flavor?"

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Zima sponsored Babylon 5? Things I did not know.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zima sponsored Babylon 5? Things I did not know.

well, had some product placement for sure.

Gv1US.gif

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    I never noticed it, but I did drink Zima as a young man... OH NO OH NOOOOOO

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Babylon 5, brought to you by Zima and the Chaos Lord of Frustration
    7okt1eamxc6r.png

edit:
    also found this randomly browsing the internet:
    https://youtu.be/Be9jVRRfEzE

DanHibiki on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I never noticed it, but I did drink Zima as a young man... OH NO OH NOOOOOO

We all did

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    This product placement brought to you by Bester, for when you need a sucker to buy a product but never realize it was there.

Ninja Snarl P on
    I loved Bester, that's my favorite Walter Koenig role. He was such an asshole.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

I would say those are the best two of the bunch, cool.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I think the one with the Russian soldiers in WW2 fighting demons their government had let loose was pretty great - especially loved the music over the finale.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I saw some clips with what looked very much like a flying car in the Blade Runner setting.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Man, Kim's Convenience sure got a reboot!

50433.png?1708759015
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Leos Carax's first new movie since Holy Motors and first English-language film. It looks delightfully weird and musical.

https://youtu.be/yNbhr1ISpCg

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    Was just about to post that! It's been a long time coming.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    7okt1eamxc6r.png

edit:
    "narns & nobles"
    slayed me

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    7okt1eamxc6r.png

edit:
    "narns & nobles"
    slayed me

i just can't believe that was just a fun outtake and wasn't rehearsed before hand.

• flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Tenzytile wrote: »

I've only seen Holy Motors, which of his other films do you recommend?

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    Tenzytile wrote: »

I've only seen Holy Motors, which of his other films do you recommend?

Les Amants du Pont-Neuf aka Lovers on the Bridge is probably the easiest one to recommend. Mauvais Sang has some really great passages too. If you're familiar with other Cinema du Look directors from the 80's, like Jean-Jacques Beiniex or Luc Besson, you'll have some idea of what to expect: very colourful, romantic films that prioritize aesthetic and creative whim over plot or character development. He hasn't made many films otherwise; his first, Boy Meets Girl is promising but minor, and Pola X, made in the late 90's, is more introverted and hard to grasp---though I'd like to see it again.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Huh, I remember seeing the trailer when it was called Connected. I wondered what happened to it, and now it's coming on Friday. Cool stuff, I can check it out before letting the kid watch it to make sure it's safe.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Huh, I remember seeing the trailer when it was called Connected. I wondered what happened to it, and now it's coming on Friday. Cool stuff, I can check it out before letting the kid watch it to make sure it's safe.

Oh yeah I forgot all about that movie. That's nuts.

Man that's a completely different tone. Either the new trailer is just the last 30 minutes of the movie or the first trailer was just the first 5

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yeah that movie originally was pushing the daughter being an ungrateful tech kid who wanted to get away from her family but the dad was trying to be shown as the fuddy duddy.

Oh My Gahhh dad, how dare you want to talk to me like a normal person? And I'm supposed to just put my phone away for ten minutes?

Tomorrow War looks like it's coming to Amazon Prime July 2nd, small teaser trailer UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob4NC4D6zTU

I'm surprised Paramount didn't save it for a Paramount+ exclusive, but I forgot Paramount+ even existed.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

We live in the weirdest timeline where very good not as big comics from the mid 2000's are getting netflix shows...... but locke and key was awful and just sprinted through the storyline for no reason.

fake edit: ....they are making a locke and key season 2? yikes.

steam_sig.png
    I saw "Sweet Tooth" and I'm like .. Wait, is someone doing something with Twisted Metal?

And then I saw the preview image and was EXTREMELY confused.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Sweet Tooth is so pleasant and nuanced that I'm genuinely concerned that it's gonna be a Netflix series.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    edit: dejavu, already said this. whoops!

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    There are four things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, the anger of a gentle man, and the Netflix adaptation of your favorite things.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    There are four things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, the anger of a gentle man, and the Netflix adaptation of your favorite things.

Your post legit got me to check if there is a Netflix adaptation of Kingkiller Chronicles. I am relieved to report there isn't.

They had a new wrath of man trailer just to make Statham's character more explicit than the first one, I guess some people need the whole movies plot in a trailer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

Your post legit got me to check if there is a Netflix adaptation of Kingkiller Chronicles. I am relieved to report there isn't.

I think our was HBO that was working on that (and a theatrical thing). Seems to have stalled, though.

This discussion has been closed.