As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    Just got poked for the first time.

Well, not the first first time. But it's the first of this set.

Maybe I should have chosen a different verb.

Just got pricked for the first time.

So you're saying you're a prick?

I'm not not saying that. But in this case the prick was done at me.

Ya got a good prick in ya. :winky:

Enough with the needling.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hey does anybody have that meme thing of a cop like, bending down to pick up a pig and the pig says something like "we are nothing alike get your hands off me" or whatever? I cannot find it anywhere and I've seen it do the rounds here.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This one?

5d76c0cc0bcd4.jpeg

Yes thank you I couldn't remember the text just a vague outline and gist of the image

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Got my first dose of the vaccine today

I've been trying to schedule a vaccine for my mom, but none of the close-by pharmacies have any or have run out. I went to a mass-vaccination site - Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA was the closest - but my mom's nervous about driving somewhere she's never been. On top of that, she had surgery for breast cancer about a month ago and is still feeling the effects of the anesthesia and whatnot, so she doesn't have the physical or mental strength right now with all the other bullshit she's dealing with.

I helped her pre-register for one of the mass-vaccination sites like I did. I'd prefer she go someplace close by that she's familiar with, but I'll do whatever it takes to help her

vEaRQgH.png
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    I have now taken my father for his second shot, everything has gone smoothly so far. I Hope the side effects go smoothly.

Seems my father has slid through with naught more than a little fatigue as a side effect, the lucky punk. Thank goodness.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Got my second Pfizer shot today and I'm pretty mad that this whole thing is making me have affection towards Pfizer but goddamn it I'd get a Pfizer gang tattoo if the logo were cool enough.

Edit: oh yeah symptoms, everything's cool as of 6 hours in, so unless things get way worse soon I think I got lucky.

Peen on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Got my second Pfizer shot today and I'm pretty mad that this whole thing is making me have affection towards Pfizer but goddamn it I'd get a Pfizer gang tattoo if the logo were cool enough.

Edit: oh yeah symptoms, everything's cool as of 6 hours in, so unless things get way worse soon I think I got lucky.

I'm going in for mine in 2 hours. I had virtually no symptoms from the first shot, so I'm anticipating getting fucking floored on the second.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I am getting my second shot tomorrow and then on thursday I am playing D&D and I don't care if I can't lift my limbs, I am gonna play that dang D&D

Yeah I have tickets to see Godzilla vs Monke in a theater Thursday at 6 and I will be fucked if I miss my first movie theater outing in 15 months.

So I guess I'm gonna play Gloomhaven with some people tonight.

Don't know what it is or what it's about or any of the rules.

Better not be a fucking board game though that's all I can say.

Hey so, uh, who wants to tell him?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm going to try to start a bullet journal again

Hopefully I can actually do it this time.

Whenever I tried before I forgot about it in the first week.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Tell me what, Pinfeldorf?

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

I'm going in for mine in 2 hours. I had virtually no symptoms from the first shot, so I'm anticipating getting fucking floored on the second.

Huh! Odd coincidence, I am getting my second Pfizer shot in about 2 hours. I had some arm soreness, but that was really it. I've got that mild nervous excitement right now, but I am curious to see what, if any, side effects I get.

Juggernut wrote: »

Tell me what, Pinfeldorf?

Gloomhaven is, a boardgame, Juggs. But! But! It's okay! Because you can play this little fella

e9c3af3d2f0531d1c53b339c540f0ea5.jpg

You can just run around the field of play as a fucking psychic rat man. And, truly, what more to life is there than that?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Since we had the Pre-ACT today at school I got off work early and went down the the board game store that former forum member SJ works at. I have not been down there since before the pandemic.

I was still open and he said they've actually had the most business ever over the last year. They just don't have enough employees so it's been a lot of work. I was worried they'd have to close or something.

Just looking at all the board games was such a weird and nostalgic experience.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Gloomhaven is the MOST board game

I don't know how good or bad it is, because I haven't played it, but its the Most

Crippl3 on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    It's not nearly about trains enough to be the most board game

Straightzi on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I’ve played some good ass train board games.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Have you played some good-ass train games or some good ass-train games.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

you a cop?

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

you a cop?

Never

PiptheFair wrote: »

you a cop?

Never

Sounds like something a cop would say.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Nobody’s a cop.

There, I fixed America.

Well I have no fucking clue whats happening but we're playing it in the (closed) meadery. So I went next door to get tacos and a Tecate and the woman asked me if I wanted it quote un quote Mexican Ashtray style, which sounds like something that should be racist but I don't think it is?

It is a Tecate with the rim dipped in salt, pepper, chili powder and lime with a drop of Valentina hot sauce on the tab.

Oh boy. Oh glorious day. This is ridiculous. I love these shitty little beers and this just elevated it to a whole other level. Go get a Tecate and dip it in salt and stuff and drink it and then thank me.

I've been putting Secret aardvark in my beer for quite a while, it kicks ass!

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Well I have no fucking clue whats happening but we're playing it in the (closed) meadery. So I went next door to get tacos and a Tecate and the woman asked me if I wanted it quote un quote Mexican Ashtray style, which sounds like something that should be racist but I don't think it is?

It is a Tecate with the rim dipped in salt, pepper, chili powder and lime with a drop of Valentina hot sauce on the tab.

Oh boy. Oh glorious day. This is ridiculous. I love these shitty little beers and this just elevated it to a whole other level. Go get a Tecate and dip it in salt and stuff and drink it and then thank me.

Sounds kind of similar to a Michelada, which is a good place to be

Tynnan on

That’s a Tecate con todo.

Just the Tecate? That’s “con carácter”.

Salt? Con sal.

Lime? Con lima.

You get the idea.

edited April 2021
    I thought limon was lime?

Pinfeldorf on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I thought limon was lime?

I believe limon/lima are different endings for the same root word based on context.

I've also been told lima verde is lime, and ALSO that lima verde is green (unripe) lemon, so I don't really fuckin know, man.

Limón means “large lime”. “On” is the augmentative suffix, “ito” is the diminuative.

I am the tiny bomb baby and they will not let me share a space despite how small I am this game is bullshit also I have had 3 Tecate in about 15 minutes.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Well, things continue to be on fire in Ontario and I am getting... pretty stir crazy after effectively living the same day over and over again for 13 months (acknowledging of course that I'm lucky enough to have been able to stay home most of this, and realistically the ongoing third wave crisis in the province is probably a huge influence on my current stress levels which are pretty much the highest they've been this whole time)

I drove to the lunch place I used to go to near my work across town and picked up a sandwich and just.... having to drive more than 20 minutes someplace was just so good, after only really leaving the house to do dog walks or collect groceries since February

I'd love to see actual humans I don't live with again, that seems nice, though I guess I can't do that legally until this wave is done and restrictions are lifted, but man, someday

As an extrovert I'm having a tough time finding a way to dial the stress down knowing that I'm not getting my first shot until at best late May and probably won't be able to really socialize at all til then; knowing that things aren't gonna be better here for at least another 6 weeks and that our summer is at threat from the province's mismanagement is noooot helpful

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am the tiny bomb baby and they will not let me share a space despite how small I am this game is bullshit also I have had 3 Tecate in about 15 minutes.

Oh you're playing Jaws of the Lion. Even better than being a psychic rat man is being a tiny bomb baby.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm familiar with that beer thing as a dressed beer - I've seen a couple of different varieties around here, typically a real cheap beer

This discussion has been closed.