As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Second Annual [Quarantimes] Thread

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh yeah Tecate is like, cheap cheap I think. But with a lime on a hot day it's dope. Blows Corona outta the water.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Oh yeah Tecate is like, cheap cheap I think. But with a lime on a hot day it's dope. Blows Corona outta the water.

Cheap cheap?
    200px-Legendary_Cheep_Cheep_PMTOK_sprite.png

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tecate is my favorite beer to drink in the shower

Oh my God.

Shower Tecate beer?

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021

As someone who's lived a lot of his life in the LA/OC area, I've been trying to convince people of this for years but nobody wants to hear it. Some people there have strong feelings about their shitty Mexican beer.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

As someone who's lived a lot of his life in the LA/OC area, I've been trying to convince people of this for years but nobody wants to hear it. Some people there have strong feelings about their shitty Mexican beer.

If it's good enough for Dom it's good enough for me.

(I've never had Tecate or Corona I don't think, now Modelo? Modelo is good.)

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

Sol.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tecate is probably my favorite beer but I don't like good beer

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was supposed to get my first vaccine today but when I got to the pharmacy I realized I had booked it for tomorrow

Thankfully it’s near my house but I don’t have a working car anymore!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Sol.

Sol is better than Corona but I'd still take Tecate.

Dos Equis is the worst of the bunch

Ok look.

Would I ever go out and buy a six pack of Dos Equis? No. But an ice cold 64oz Dos Equis lager and just a whole mess a burritos from your favorite Mexican restaurant? That's a combo you can't beat, son.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Second jab.
    Wasn't as smooth getting in and out of the convention center this time. I'm getting tired now, but I also just finished a pretty big celebratory dinner.
    Hooray!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm a beer snob when I buy beer for myself but also I'll drink pretty much any random beer you hand me without complaint. Beer is good (and stuff).

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    The best kind of beer is free.
    If it ain't free, then I'm buying myself something I think I'll really enjoy.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Honestly I don't mind a Dos Equis, but the first one I ever had was on unlimited draft on a beach in Mexico, so, you know, bias

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    edited April 2021
    Ok look.

Would I ever go out and buy a six pack of Dos Equis? No. But an ice cold 64oz Dos Equis lager and just a whole mess a burritos from your favorite Mexican restaurant? That's a combo you can't beat, son.

I mean, I can beat it by drinking 64 ounces of any other Mexican beer.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink it if it's there, but it's still my last choice in that category.

And seriously, don't get me wrong, I will drink it if it's there and you can't stop me.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    All the Mexican beers are very similar and I will happily enjoy any of them, as I do not have strong feelings about them one way or another.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The best mexican beer is jarritos, I will not be taking questions at this time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    All the Mexican beers are very similar and I will happily enjoy any of them, as I do not have strong feelings about them one way or another.

They're all drinkable and tasty enough on a hot day

I think Pacifico is probably my standout favorite.

oh yeah Pacifico is pretty good too

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've never had a Mexican beer

I liken beers that are very light on the hops and not very bitter. Like my favorite generic ass beer is blue moon I think.

Mexican grocery store beers have basically zero hops.

That sounds good! Maybe I'll try one

yeah Mexican beers are super light and drinkable

blue moon is also good though so you're already on your way

I do not even know how I would describe Mexican beer.

Shit, it’s been way too long since I had a beer, I think.

I need to have a dumb college party and take a week off to manage the hangover.

edited April 2021
    I had some blueberry cranberry cinnamon vanilla nutmeg mead last night and did not sleep good so I'm not sure I should drink anymore at all.

But then I was also trying a new pillow situation that didn't seem to be working for me so I guess I won't get rid of that half a growler just yet.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Youse get Radler style beers in NA? They’re a relatively popular summer beer here. Pretty good with a slice of lemon or lime.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    If not they're really easy to mix

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I do not even know how I would describe Mexican beer.

Shit, it’s been way too long since I had a beer, I think.

I need to have a dumb college party and take a week off to manage the hangover.

Most are just lagers. Though some have different styles of processed corn in them as well.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah and lager has it's place

On a hot day, with Mexican food? I love a Mexican lager

Although I've had dark Mexican beer before too and that was really good. I wish you could get it easier cos it really adds to a Chili

similarly, lagers are great for when you want to hang out and drink with friends all day without getting properly wasted (which you do after the sun goes down)

edited April 2021
    I just dunno exactly how I would usefully describe the taste of a lager.

sarukun on
    Well I finally had to call someone about my neighbors.

The man attacked the woman in the parking lot... Tried to wrestle her away from the car until they saw me see them...

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I just dunno exactly how I would usefully describe the taste of a lager.

Lager tastes of bubbles

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Sad doggo news
    Nellie rallied Monday and Tuesday, eating and drinking and being ambulatory again. We played in the snow a little bit yesterday which was her favorite.
    This morning the surgeon looked at her leg and found an aggressive cancer. It's already past the leg and the surgeon figures it's throughout the body. The rally was just the pain meds taking effect.

We're gonna go be with her for the end.

1og5sxckze57.jpg

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    :bro:

:(

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    hugs and condolences to your family and Nellie

it's never long enough at it is

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm sorry expendable, that's really rough. I'm glad at least she felt well enough to have some fun in her last days and that you get to be with her.

The same thing happened to my mom and I last year with our schnauzer. One day you've got your best friend and the next you don't and it's one of the worst things you can experience.

I'm super sorry.

This discussion has been closed.