As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    F5ue5WK.png

look at this absolute garbage horseshit highroll

exact lethaled me

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    if the intention was to get me to log off for the day then yes it worked beautifully

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Should have played around the random uncontrollable bullshit.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So I managed with Hunter to get back to Platinum 5, but I think for now that's where I'll be stuck.

camo_sig.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think I just don’t like anything about this metagame.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    There's a priest variant running around designed exclusively to fuck warlock

Vol'jin pulls y'shaarj/tickatus, the 5/5 pirate makes you draw and gives them the card as well, and educated elekk plus a bunch of spells means they never go to fatigue before the warlock even with double tickatus

Then they do the whole bullshit GENERATED BY dance with scorpids raise dead palm reading and renew creating infinite loops

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Should have played around the random uncontrollable bullshit.

I have never watched professional fishing tournaments but playing Hearthstone must be a lot like pro fishing. You have experts who know the best baits and techniques and fishing spots but how can anyone control the size of a fish biting the hook?

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

look at this absolute garbage horseshit highroll

exact lethaled me

skillstone

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    It's a high variance card, but you can play around it by playing some minions/targets to survive the onslaught. Still possible to get 30 damage to the face, but the reverse also happens. I have seen people drawing to death in fatigue instead of getting a win because of this card.

As long as it doesn't happen to a high percentage of players I'm fine with these kind of cards, as it gives less skilled players a chance to win. Sucks if it happens to you, ofcourse.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Brawl is 100% Embiggen/Patches now, which is good, because you can easily counter them with Bouncer/Mogu/Revolve Shaman. Fast games for my Shaman quest and win games quest

eHP4Rbv.png

i'm not even hero power mage, how did this happen

(it won me the game)

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So in last week's brawl I had kill 50 minions and play a paladin for the other two {it was the play with one of these three classes paladin was for both}
    I went as a Ret noob with desperate measures-mysterious blade-consecration ran into a demon hunter who figured out after I hit him for 8 damage in two turns playing mana burn was a bad idea
    I ran into a mage that milled itself in losing with the mana spring card and Incanter's Flow

I had a cheeky priest opponent yesterday. I was DH. They swapped decks with me with Illucia and they played my Kazakas I was holding in hand. They sculpted the 1/1 golem minion but didn't play it, letting it come back to me next turn.

This hurtful mockery ...

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Crabrider is as bad as, and if not worse then, Vicious Fledging ever was.

nah fledgling was a 3 drop that could absolutely run away with the game if you didn't have hard removal the turn it was played

you can deal with crabrider

a card that i am really starting to dislike playing against is imprisoned felmaw, it should respect taunt or something because i am tired of getting domed for 10 per game from a couple of 2 drops

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    nah fledgling was a 3 drop that could absolutely run away with the game if you didn't have hard removal the turn it was played

a card that i am really starting to dislike playing against is imprisoned felmaw, it should respect taunt or something because i am tired of getting domed for 10 per game from a couple of 2 drops

Yeah I’m not sure how I’m supposed to deal with a 3/6 on turn 2 when I have 3 mana as most classes.

If it was a 1/3 it would be much more reasonable.

Edit:
    And fledgling was only a chance that it might get wind fury and get that second swing to protect itself, and could only come down on turn 1 in a single class. I wouldn’t be surprised to see crabrider show up in more than just paladin because it’s nuts when played turn 1 with the coin.

ronzo on
    edited April 2021
    ronzo wrote: »

Yeah I’m not sure how I’m supposed to deal with a 3/6 on turn 2 when I have 3 mana as most classes.

Edit:
    And fledgling was only a chance that it might get wind fury and get that second swing to protect itself, and could only come down on turn 1 in a single class. I wouldn’t be surprised to see crabrider show up in more than just paladin because it’s nuts when played turn 1 with the coin.
    Crabrider does require other cards for buff support, but I have absolutely seen a Crabrider run away with the game. It can come out a turn sooner than Fledgling and has 1 more health, so it's absolutely harder to remove immediately than Fledgling was. Fledgling had highroll potential, no doubt, but Crabriders can do some crazy shit too.

I can't decide if I feel like the card warrants a nerf, but it is definitely a lot of stats and keywords for 2 mana.

forty on
    this deck.... is the good shit

### Secret
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (0) First Day of School
    # 1x (1) Avenge
    # 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
    # 1x (1) Galloping Savior
    # 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
    # 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
    # 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
    # 2x (2) Argent Protector
    # 2x (2) Crabrider
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
    # 1x (3) Mankrik
    # 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
    # 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
    # 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
    # 2x (5) Ogremancer
    # 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
    # 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
    # 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
    #
    AAECAcOfAwiW6AP86APb7gPn8AOoigSwigTqnwTIoAQLysEDns0DjtQDg94Dhd4DkeQDzOsDzusDz+sD4+sD658EAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

not entirely convinced on taelan/alex but taelen with a bunch of secrets up is pretty backbreaking by himself

loses hard to rush warrior and this new spellpower minion mage i've seen running around that pulls 4 shooting stars out of their ass that do 6+ aoe for 1 mana

forty wrote: »
    Eh, the deck does have a good amount of cheap removal as well. If they're drawing their Brain Freezes, Runed Orbs, Combustions, and get good minions off of Font, they can often slow down an aggro deck enough to make it to their superior mid/late game.
    Case in point, just lost two in a row to spell Mage while playing aggro Paladin. The first one had double Flow into pot of greed and that was the game. The second "only" had turn 2 Flow, but with all the 1 mana/free removal and back to back Apexis Blasts into good minions it was enough for me to lose the board and have no chance.

edited April 2021
    just had a mage's netherwind portal pop out a darkspear berserker which i could trade a buffed rush crabrider into for lethal lol

Beasteh on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Mage can go fuck itself, seriously. The most retarded bullshit high rolls happening every game to me, I've literally played six straight against them.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Standard VS #193

Pretty optimistic report, Shaman is the only class they seem really down on.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Ironically the only Shaman I played against when I was playing OP Secret Libram Paladin pre-nerf beat me, so I assumed it would be better than it seems to be in the report. Granted, they had the absolute turbonuts draws (perfect removals at just the right time) and I think they got me with exact lethal, but still it was pretty nuts.

Of course queuing up against me has always been the best way to have your deck hit its best draws possible. Just ask the Control Warrior I played against yesterday.

That draw heavy rush warrior looks really interesting

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I really came around on Warrior during the tail end of last Season so I'm pretty happy to have a deck that feels strong and fun to play.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited April 2021
    VS's Aggro Paladin list is somewhat different from the one I grabbed from HSReplay. I don't have Samuro though so I'll probably just stick with the one I've been using (especially since I just crafted Kazakus for it).

forty on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Is the Watch Tower legendary any good? I just pulled it.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    oh man new rush warrior just absolutely snacks on paladin

everything they play gets traded into cleanly

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Is the Watch Tower legendary any good? I just pulled it.

I have seen all manners of Watch Towers get played by all manners of decks since the release.

I have seen Kargal played all of two times.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    He's not bad but he's not necessary. He's just "I dropped some stats for you." If you're not rich in cards he's a perfectly cromulent tool to try and help you close out a game, but cards that are just stats tend to get cut in more refined lists.

liEt3nH.png
    edited April 2021
    If Kargal is still worth 1,600 dust to disenchant, get rid of him now while you can still get a full refund.

Edit: Apparently he is not. And fuck, I forgot to disenchant mine after the hotfix. :(

I swear you used to get 2 weeks for full refund, FFS.

forty on
    I don't think I've ever discovered a cracked orb from a cracked orb. Is that not possible?

emnmnme wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever discovered a cracked orb from a cracked orb. Is that not possible?
    A while back they made discover/random generate cards not able to generate themselves. I think it was last year.

i just struck gold in this shaman arena run

lurker below, silas and c'thun

with primordial protector + no spells higher than 5 cost so it usually always pulls a c'thun piece

none of these games have even been close so far

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Hah, I accidentally queued up in Wild with Standard Face DH. I was against a Priest, who turned out to be Big Priest. They roped me, and set up a board with two Colossus. I bashed my way through and won.

Then I forgot to set it to Standard and hit another Big Priest. They also roped. Their T6 Shadow Essence into Blood into Blood was answered by the Golem I had built with poison and do three damage to two random enemy minions.

I’m tempted to keep going.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    edited April 2021
    ronzo wrote: »

Edit:
    Case in point (again), just got done with a zero-agency aggro Paladin mirror where they went first, Righteous Protector into Crabrider into buffed Crabrider doing 6 damage a turn and me never getting a chance to do anything as everything I played got dealt with and I never had a turn where I could kiill the Crabrider and then I was dead on turn 6 or 7.

forty on
    edited April 2021
    Just made it to dad legend with this Aggro Paladin list. I think I lost every game I faced against the supposedly favored mage matchups. I either got a weak opener or I had a good one but it didn't matter as they Invoked and kept just drawing whatever answers they needed. Always an Apexis Blast on 4 or 5, never shitty minions from it, etc. I don't care what the stats say, fuck mage. Devolving missiles is always there when it needs to be and hits what it needs to hit. There's always bullshit minions out of Incanter's Flow (spellpower buffed Ras, Mozaki, etc.).

Edit: Wait, I think I did beat a mage by playing a Crabrider on 2 that didn't get immediately dealt with that I was able to buff and SMOrc with before it got taken care of, and then I was able to finish off the Mage with weapon hits.

forty on
    @MNC Dover, did you see that that the Crossroads Innvitational had a Nozdormu format? I jumped around trying to find when it started and it looks like there's a Nozdormu game starting around 3:40:00.

0xoOvfS.png

probably one of the most ridiculous drafts i've ever had

my 2 losses were to an aggro druid with a fucking constructed level gibberling + guff + a bunch of nature spells opener, and another shaman with an even better deck than me (i counted 7 jade synergy cards and he had perfect answers to everything while developing a board of increasingly larger green men)