As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Zakrello Appreciation Thread [Gunpla]

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I've got Mark 46 on pre-order too! They've shown off prototypes of Mark 2, Mark 43, War Machine Mark 3 and the Iron Spider, I really hope they continue cranking em out, because I'd love the Civil War pair of Iron Man and War Machine. I'm hoping the latter comes with waterslide decals, because that version of the suit had an Ultron kill tally on the chest, a super cool detail. ;P
    It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I pre-ordered the Mark 46.

I also noticed that the deluxe, metallic-coated Rescue is up for pre-order (I assume this is like a second run of it?):
    https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/deluxe-edition-morstorm-1-9-scale-iron-rescue-mark-49-soldier-model-kit
    I'm... mighty tempted. I'm kinda neutral on the visual design of the Rescue suit, but the metallic coating look good.

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular

The funny part is I had no idea until I bought the model that Barbatos is the Gunpla in the loading screen of Gundam Battle.
    Also, I am super glad I ordered a toolkit, because my old modeling tools are so dull and worn out that it made the build a bit more difficult than it had to be.
    The foil stickers took some getting used to.
    Overall though 10/10 I hope my wife and daughter like stompy robots because I have a feeling a few more are gonna show up.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Anyone have any experience with this brand? Because I’m mighty tempted.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I've built the Plaiobot Gurren Lagann, it is good, but overpriced IMO. It's like a fancy high grade in terms of build and color separation, but it ends up looking very nice.

Oh brilliant
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Progress slowed down pretty considerably as I ran out of vacation days and got distracted by other projects but I now have a complete torso section with all the skirt armor and everything!
    GYXwlPqh.jpg
    If any of y'all have the link to that dalong guide for wiring the LEDs for this kit I would appreciate it, I tried to google it but failed. And i'm not exactly sure the way the instructions want me to do it.
    Any2qPeh.jpg
    Vh4Z1rhh.jpg
    So if I understand the instructions correctly they want the cables basically the opposite orientation I have them, like an upside down V. There's some posts on the hips that look like if you do that maybe the cables can go over but they don't really secure at all. I'd appreciate it if the cables could hide better but mainly I'm kinda annoyed by how the whole thing gives all the skirt armor plates a little springiness when trying to position them.

I meant to post that update last night but didn't get around to it then started working on the feet and uh.. did I get a defective set? So these are the heel pieces which should be uniform but one is black and the other is like a swirled blue plastic.
    fKGOLJch.jpg

I also figured out that it's way more translucent as well:
    LqxeCTqh.jpg

In fact the entire M2 runner is:
    PaKKXTah.jpg

Has anyone who's built this kit run into the same issue or is it just me?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    They might've given you the same runner in different colors.

I recommend downloading google translate and pointing it's photo translation mode at the instructions to see if it has some differentiation katakana at the back.

Edit: Hmmm.. or maybe not?

I just checked out my instructions and there's only 1 of M1 and M2 included, and no callout of color on the assembly steps.

I then pulled out my runners to double check, and mine are most certainly black. Also opaque when held up to the light.

TBsVmRSh.jpg?1

If I were to hazard a guess, they had the pigment off or otherwise running out and QC missed it. Bluefin should be able to replace it?

As for the LED pictures:

http://www.dalong.net/reviews/pg/p14L/p14L_c.htm

click "Construction" at the top.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Yeah it certainly seems like they ran out of color for that sprue. I guess I’ll assemble it and see how much I hate it before I try to get it replaced.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Yeah it certainly seems like they ran out of color for that sprue. I guess I’ll assemble it and see how much I hate it before I try to get it replaced.

Getting a replacement runner will take awhile so I would just send in the request now.

steam_sig.png
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I see your discolored runner and your wiring issues and I feel for you but man do I lust after that kit

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Paint it!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    I see your discolored runner and your wiring issues and I feel for you but man do I lust after that kit

I wouldn't know the feeling.... >.>

Man I need to get my apartment to a state I'm happy with, so I can resume building.
    Heffling wrote: »
    Paint it!

This is your solution to everything!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Does anyone here have experience with gap-filling? I've tried the "use excess glue" method and it hasn't worked out as well as I'd have liked

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Anyone have any experience with this brand? Because I’m mighty tempted.

ooooh shit

ikbUJdU.jpg
    R-dem wrote: »

I mean I may be complaining a lot but I am still very much enjoying this kit. The Banshee Norn is easily my favorite suit right now and I cannot wait to see it all lit up (I'm foolishly waiting until it's complete to test the LEDs). I was pretty sour on my RG Unicorn but 1/60 is a great scale for having to deal with all the Unicorn style transformation gimmicks. I wish more kits came in dark blue, gold and tons of translucent orange. Thanks to the budget they have there are a ton of undergates and if not almost every time the sprue is connected in a spot you wont see so I've been able to get away with a fairly straight build just cutting the nub down and cleaning it off with the knife. Which is good because my sanding skills are trash tier.

Nooo! Test the lights as you go! Please... I know you want that feeling, but it'll be heartbreaking if something doesn't work!

... though they seem like really stronger wires than I was expecting.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I finished my G40 today! It was a nice build, despite me breaking a piece (which was entirely my fault).

Next up I'm gonna work on one of the Zakus I bought.

Athenor wrote: »
    Nooo! Test the lights as you go! Please... I know you want that feeling, but it'll be heartbreaking if something doesn't work!

... though they seem like really stronger wires than I was expecting.

Eh, maybe when I get the legs done. Considering I have no support for it I don't want to have to connect the main back connector to the stand and then unplug it again. I discovered when I plugged a cable in wrong yesterday that these connectors do not want to come back out, or I need better tweezers.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Who’s ready for MORE NEW KITS

For 30MM we have...

Not Blade Wolf

A Magic Mech set

More Ninja... WITH GUNS

A different ninja!

Star Wars line gives us Djin Darin and the Razor Crest!

Mando doesn’t seem like he’s plated, unless that’s an alternate one, so you may want to get that new Silver Plate Gundam Marker

from the upcoming Getter Robo Arc anime, the titular Getter:

No sign of pupil eyes, hopefully there’s a decal otherwise I guess grab a pen and draw them on yourself

And from Kamen Rider, two new Figurises

The Rider whose greatest power is Friendship, Fourze!

And the next step in evolution... Agito!

All a bit too merchandise-y? Maybe a tad too Toyetic? Wanting something a tad more in line with the unusual subject to make a plastic model kit of like a cup ramen?

Well, Bandai gives you... T REX SKELETON

A bit too realistic and you want your animals to be a bit more “not a skeleton” and a tad more “is fantastical”?

New Pokémon kits!

And Bandai is continuing to produce kits of actual humans from Gundam, continuing with Figurise Lacus, complete with a scale Haro:

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited April 2021
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I wonder if the RG Hi-nu is going to need as many water slides as the Ver Ka. one?

The shield is probably parts separated (the old MG's shield was) but those funnel stripes...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    funnels are definitely color separated too, check out the side view

uc3ufTB.png
    Rad.

I'm definitely getting the Nightingale but I think I'll probably get the Hi-nu too. Never was a fan of the ver ka's paintjob, so it's proportions with the classic paint is just right.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ooooh, I like the Razor Crest. Also clicking on the Bandai link on that one takes you to to a photo which shows that there are two different Mando and Razor Crest kits. One is silver coating version and a regular one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited April 2021
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ooooh, I like the Razor Crest. Also clicking on the Bandai link on that one takes you to to a photo which shows that there are two different Mando and Razor Crest kits. One is silver coating version and a regular one.

Huzzah!

Also speaking of coatings, Premium Bandai is doing a titanium finish 2.0 MG Gundam F91 that comes with a modified version of the Rafflesia base that was with the original MG

EDIT

US Bandai Hobby confirms Betsuni’s correction to my misunderstanding

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

I remember the two ninjas were announced earlier. Spinatia, Assassin and Fencer specs. Blade Wolf is new to me though.

Meanwhile, I bet I know what else those magic weapons go well with!

Another 30 Minute Sister kit announced: Tiasha! She, and the earlier Risetta, will also have all-in-one kits so you don't have to buy everything piecemeal to assemble a "complete" kit.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The magic stuff is just a weapon set

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Huzzah!

Also speaking of coatings, Premium Bandai is doing a titanium finish 2.0 MG Gundam F91 that comes with a modified version of the Rafflesia base that was with the original MG

God, that F91 is so pretty

IKknkhU.gif
    that's pretty, what's it from?

edited April 2021
    One of the Dunbine OVAs I forget which specifically

But in SRW X you can get it for Shou from Dunbines original TV series to pilot. This version doesn’t have as ornate a shield though as the iteration in the game

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Hmm, the RG Nightengale has detachable bits huh? Wonder if there's any way to pose them hovering or it's just "put them in a pile next to the model"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    HG Nightengale sadly

RG would be even more expensive

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited April 2021
    aw
    twitter's crop hiding the HG logo on the right but showing the RG logo on the left is a mean trick

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I wish it was an RG Nightengale, but really the design is so simple it doesn't call for an RG. I hope it ends up with a lot of panel lining stuff like the HG The Origin Zaku II's have.

HG Nightengale sadly

RG would be even more expensive

Yeah an RG Nightingale would be like, $100.

And also probably a hand grenade
    Hmm, the RG Nightengale has detachable bits huh? Wonder if there's any way to pose them hovering or it's just "put them in a pile next to the model"

I would assume they have 3mm holes so arms on action bases or some clear 3mm plastic rods would work.

They sold a p bandai effect set for the RE100 back when it came out, idk if they'll do that again.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am realizing now that the G40 spoiled me in that it being largely white meant I didn't really need to sand nub marks so much.

I started on this Zaku and... It's green AND blue. And the nub marks show SO easily. I'm sanding most of them down but damn. Still, it is nice to look at the piece I've just finished sanding and see that you can hardly see the nub mark anymore.

Press down on the marks with your fingernail and a lot of them will disappear.

Huh! I’ll try that when I get back to it.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    lightly rubbing your thumbnail over the plastic is usually enough to clear up most stress marks

just take care if you've recently trimmed your nails and haven't buffed them out bc you could leave actual scratches in the plastic

uc3ufTB.png
    putting one of the nightengale's bits on an action base feels like it would be so excessive though for such a tiny piece, far more base than model

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.